Original Stories Fan Fiction / Realism Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted Love ❯ Maybe Next Time ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Maybe Next Time
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Jessica woke up to the sound of an alarm clock and put a pillow over her head trying to drown out the annoying noise. Today was a Sunday and she was going to the mall with her boyfriend, Mike. He was going to pick her up at around 12:00 pm. She peeked over at the clock from under the pillow and noticed it was 11:43 a.m.
 
She scrambled out of bed and put on some jeans and her favorite t-shirt, a black one with a red heart sewed on. Jessica loved black and she also loved green. She wore her medium length, light brown hair down with a fringe over her left eye, as usual. Soon as she was done with her hair she started to brush her teeth. While she was finishing up, she heard a knock at her side door.

“Coming!” shouted Jess from the bathroom. She then grabbed her black jacket and slipped her feet into her black converse and ran to the door.
 
She opened the door to a tall guy with a big smile on his face. He had short black shaggy hair and fair white skin. He had brown eyes; that was always filled with happiness. He was wearing a black plain shirt with jeans and some black shoes.
 
“Hey Mike,” said Jessica with a small smile.
 
“Hi baby!” said Mike bringing her into a hug, “Shall we go?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
They got into the car and drove off to the mall.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
When they reached their destination, Mike parked the car in front of the mall. Jess got out and stretched her arms over her head and brought them back down to her sides. She then pulled her shirt and jacket down and headed off toward the mall while Mike was getting his seat buckle undone.
 
“Jess wait for me!” shouted Mike, while he was grabbing the keys.
 
“Oh sorry,” said Jess with a dull tone, turning around to face his car.
 
Mike hurried over to her side and wrapped his hand around hers and they started to walk to the entrance.
 
`Her hands are always so warm…' he thought while looking at her play with a loose string on the bottom of her jacket.
 
When they walked in through the front doors they looked around wondering where to go first until they heard a familiar voice.
 
“Jessica, Mike! Over here!” yelled Chelsea from the food court.
 
“Hi Chelsea, how is your weekend going so far?” said Jess; letting go of Mike's hand and walking over to her.
 
“It was doing pretty well… until I saw my boyfriend kissing another girl.”
 
“I can't believe you are still with Matt, I never thought you two would survive after three weeks.”
 
“Thank you for supporting me and my relationship Jess.”
 
“Sure? …are you two still together?”
 
“Well actually…”
 
“Hey babe, I'm back with the food.” said Matt placing the food on the table, the giving her a kiss on her cheek.
 
“Chels…” said Jess with a tone filled with deception.
 
“Can we talk about this later?” replied Chelsea, taking a seat.
 
“Yeah…sure…”
 
Soon as Matt sat down across from Chelsea, he then decided to ask, “Do you guys want to eat with us? There is plenty of room.”
 
"Want me to go get the food Jess?" asked Mike.
 
"Sure." answered Jess, while taking a seat next to Chelsea.
 
He then left to go get there lunches.
 
After Mike left, Jessica lied and said, “Chelsea I need to go to the bathroom…can you come with me?”
 
Chelsea then noticed that she probably want to talk about something secretive by her tone.
 
“Sure.”
 
Chelsea and Jess got up out of their seats and started walking off to the bathrooms.
 
Soon as they walked into the bathrooms, Jessica leaned on the bathroom wall and sighed, “Chels, I want to break up with Mike.”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Mike walked over to the table to find only Matt sitting there munching on a french fry. He placed the tray on the table and sat down next to Matt.
 
Mike looked around and asked, “So…where are Jessica and Chelsea?”
 
“I was just about to tell you. They went to the bathroom about a minute ago. They will be back soon.” said Matt bringing his soda straw to his lips.
 
“Oh.”
 
Mike started to take the wrapper off of his burger and tossed the wrapper to the side. `I wonder where Jess and I should go next after lunch' he thought while taking a bite of his burger.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Why Jess?” her confused friend asked.
 
“I don't feel anything like I used to towards him. You know? It's kind of hard to explain…,” Jess replied.
 
“I get what you mean…well maybe you should try to tell him after Matt and I leave after lunch,” suggested Chels.
 
“Yeah…maybe I should. I'll think about it. Thanks Chelsea.”
 
“No Problem. Now can we go back? I'm starving.”
 
“Okay.”
 
Jess peeled her body away from the tile wall and started walking to the door right behind Chelsea. When they reached the door it was already being opened from the other side, causing Chelsea to almost get hit in the face with the door. Jessica laughed at this and lightly pushed Chelsea to give her a sign her to start walking again.
 
When they finally got to the table they found Matt and Mike chatting. Not wanting to disturb their conversation, Chelsea and Jessica sat down quietly and started eating their food.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
When everyone was finished, they cleaned up their messes by piling it up onto the trays. Then everyone headed to the trash cans.
 
`I think I should tell him today that it's over. I mean…I have felt this way for the past few days,' thought Jess, taking a sip of her water before putting it into the trash can.
 
“Well Chelsea has to get home early to go to get ready for her part-time job,” Matt said putting his arm around Chelsea's waist, “so we're going to get going. Nice eating with you guys.”
 
“Same to you,” replied Jessica with a warm smile.
 
They all waved good-bye and went their own ways.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Matt took his hand away from her waist and slipped it into her hand and entwined their fingers together. Chelsea gave him a grin and started looking for the car.
 
“Matt where is the car?” Chelsea asked.
 
“Uh…I don't remember,” replied Matt in a nervous tone.
 
“What did you say?! I have to get home to get ready for work…I can't be late or I'm fired!” Chelsea said in desperate voice.
 
“Chelsea calm down, we will find the car,” he said placing a kiss on her forehead.
 
Matt then grabbed for his car keys, eager to get his car to react to them. While getting them out of his pocket, he accidentally press the car alarm button, causing the car a few rows away to go off. Chelsea and Matt ran towards the car, glad that they have finally found the car.
 
Matt turned the alarm off and unlocked the doors. Chelsea opened her door and sat in the passenger seat. Her ears were still ringing due to car alarm. She buckled the seat belt in and adjusted it so it was comfortable. Matt closed his door and hastily put his seat belt on too. He then put the key in the ignition and turned the car on. After that, he turned out of his parking spot while Chelsea played around with the radio. Soon enough they were at the exit of the parking lot and were on their way to Chelsea's house.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Soon as Jessica and Mike saw them walk out the door, they turned around and decided to walk around the mall for a while. It soon started to become tedious.
 
“I know what we can do,” said Mike.
 
“And what would that possibly be?” questioned Jessica.
 
“You will see.”
 
Mike then grabbed Jessica's hand and led her off into another direction. Jessica was so confused on where they were going and just decided to let Mike guide her. They took a few turns here and there. Finally, they reached a side door to the outside. Mike let go off her hand and opened the door. Jess walked though and saw a water fountain. She stood there in front of it for a few seconds lost in thought.
 
`I should tell him now…,' Jess told her self. She took her gaze off the fountain and onto Mike.
 
“Mike…,”Jess started.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Matt turned and drove into Chelsea's section. Then he stopped the car in the driveway of a two-story tan house with brown trim. The brown trim was also the same color brown as her wooden fence. Green bushes surrounded the front and the side of the house.
 
Chelsea swung open the car door and ran to the house. She quickly got her house key out of her pocket and put the key in. With a flick of the wrist she opened the front door and ran inside.
 
A few minutes later after Chelsea got inside, Matt found him self tapping to the song on the radio on the steering wheel. He then heard a big thud come from inside and he got a little worried. Chelsea then came out of the house holding her knee with one hand and in her uniform.
 
“Go,” said Chelsea while getting back into the car.
 
“What happened to your knee?” Matt asked out of curiosity.
 
“I was rushing around and tripped on my feet and fell,” replied Chelsea a little embarrassed.
 
“Oh.”
 
Matt let out a chuckle and then put the car in reverse and backed out of the driveway.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
 
“Yeah…?” he answered, sensing something was wrong.
 
Jessica looked the other way and continued, “We…I think-“
 
Mike's cell phone started to go off and Jess glanced back to see him and saw that he had an apologetic look on his face. She looked the other way towards the fountain and sighed.
 
“Hello?… I'll be right there…,” Mike said toward the person who was calling.
 
He then ended the call and looked disappointed.
 
“Babe, sorry I got to end the date; I have to go home. We got to start going to the car,” he said grabbing her arm.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Bye Chels. I hope you have a good time at your job,” Matt said turning over to look at her.
 
“Yeah, I always do,” she replied in a sarcastic manner.
 
“Will you need a lift home after your shift?”
 
“Nah…I'm fine. I'll have my mom pick me up. Thanks for the offer though.”
 
She undid her seat beat and stepped out on the vehicle. A moment later she poked her head back into the car.
 
“I love you,” she said giving a small smile.
 
“I love you too” replied Matt.
 
Matt then grabbed her chin with his hand and leaned in for a kiss. Chelsea smiled against his lips and kissed him back. Then they broke apart and smiled at each other.
 
“See ya Matt,” she said while running of to the doors.
 
She looked back at that car and waved. Then she opened the door and stepped in; later closing the door behind her.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Jess had her head against the cool car window watching everything pass by. She closed her eyes for a few seconds.
 
`I guess I have to tell him another time,' thought Jess.
 
She opened her eyes back up and sat up straight. She stared through the window in front of her to only notice that they were at a red light. She looked at Mike from the corner of her eye to only notice that from his face he was a little mad.
 
`I wonder why he has to go home…,' Jessica thought while raising her eyebrows.
 
She focused back at the stop light and it turned from red to green. Mike stepped on the gas pedal and wnt down the rode that led to Jessica's house. When they reached the house, his facial expression became softer. He looked at her and gave her a simple smile.
 
“Bye Mike,” said Jess flatly, while getting out of the car.
 
“Yeah…Bye,” Mike replied.
 
She closed the car door and looked upon a white house with green shudders. There were also all different kinds of flowers in the garden in front of the house. She walked up to her side door and walked inside the house. She then leaned her back on door, causing it to shut.
 
`I need to tell him…maybe next time,' she thought while walking to her room to get ready for a shower.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-