Original Stories Fan Fiction / Realism Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted Love ❯ Nice Fall ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Nice Fall
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Chelsea's long dirty blonde hair blew in breeze in front of the school. She leaned against the side of the wall near the front entrance. Gripping the strap on the book bag, she glanced around one more time for Jessica. It was getting a bit boring waiting for her. She took her hand that was on her backpack strap off and then slipped her hand inside her dark blue-jean pocket, bringing out her cell phone. She flipped it open and checked the time.
 
`We have about twenty-five minutes until the bell rings for homeroom,' she thought, while trying to put her cell phone back.
 
“I wish Jess had a cell phone, so I can see what is taking so long,” Chels mumbled to herself.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Jess was impatiently waiting at the bus stop. She looked down the street then looked up. No sign of the school bus. Jess let out a sigh and kicked the stop sign next to her out of frustration, causing the sign to shake.
 
“What takes the damn bus driver so long? She was supposed to be here about six minutes ago…,” she murmured. “I also wanted to finish homework at school before homeroom…but I guess I have to do it now.”
 
Jessica sucked in her cheeks and sat on the curb where the bus would usually stop in front of. She took her messenger bag off and placed it front of her. She unzipped it and searched through her bag. She got out her science binder and started flipping through it. When she got to a certain page, she put the binder to her side and looked for a pen or pencil. After a few moments of being a scavenger, she found what she was looking for, a pen. She quick jotted down answers on the papers and before she knew it, she was finished.
 
Satisfied with her work, she put it to the side and brought out a folder. Soon as she started on that worksheet, she heard the breaks of a bus about a block away. She quick put her folder and pen back into her book bag and zipped it shut. She quick got up to get onto the bus that was pulling in, totally forgetting about the binder she left on the ground.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
`There is about twenty more minutes until the bell…,' thought Chelsea, looking at the people rush out of the buses.
 
Then there was a loud bang right next to Chelsea that was coming from the doors next to her. Chels jumped a bit and looked over at the doors. She saw a girl with short black hair laughing at the reaction she gave. This girl was sort of on the short side and was always up for a good laugh. She was wearing black knee-length shorts and a plain white t-shirt with a pair of white shoes to match.
 
“Athena…” said Chelsea, still kind of startled.
 
Dimples appeared on Athena's cheeks while she was giving Chelsea a friendly smile. She reached for the door handle and opened the door.
 
“So…what are you doing out here?” asked Athena, stepping outside and making her way to Chelsea's side.
 
“Waiting for Jess to get here,” replied Chelsea.
 
“Don't you go on the same bus as her?”
 
“Yeah I do, but Matt offered me a ride today.”
 
“Why did he come so early?” questioned Athena.
 
Well from what I heard from him, he had to go talk to teacher for work he missed when he was out last Friday.”
 
“Oh. Well while we are speaking of Matt…how was the date last night?”
 
“It was really good. We even met up with Mike and Jess and had lunch with them in the food court. I feel bad for Mike though…”
 
“Why? What happened?”
 
“I think Jessica might have broken up with him last night.”
 
“Why would she do such a thing? Mike seemed like a great guy…”
 
“I said she might have,” repeated Chelsea.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Jess stepped onto the bus and heard a car horn behind her. She ignored it and kept climbing up the steps.
 
“Sorry about the wait guys,” the bus driver said to the group of the students piling onto the bus.
 
Jess rolled her eyes at the bus driver's over-used comment and grabbed a seat. She sat down and put her back to the window. After putting her feet onto the bus seat, she grabbed her mp3 player out of her jacket pocket. She placed the head phones into her ears and started to place them into a comfortable position.
 
`Hmm…so I finished my science homework. Now all I need to do is do that worksheet, but that's due at the end of the day. So I could just do it at lunch,' planned Jess, while turning on her mp3 player.
 
When her mp3 player went on, almost everyone stared at her due to how loud her music was playing. Jess looked around to see eyes looking back. She licked her dry lips and turned her head to the side to look out the window to look at the scenery, instead of the people staring at her.
 
After a couple minutes, she noticed that the bus was pulling into the school entrance. Jessica pulled the head phones out of her ears and wrapped the head phone wire around the mp3 player. She placed it into her jacket pocket and looked through the wind shield; spotting two of her friends at the front entrance.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“I guess Jess is here because bus eighteen is here,” said Athena, pointing to a bus pulling into the parking lot.
 
“It's about time…,” responded Chelsea, watching the bus park in front of the school.
 
Jessica hopped out of the bus door and looked toward the entrance of the school to see if they were still their. She saw that they were and ran over to them. While running, her backpack was making a jingling noise because of the key chains hooked on the zippers. Athena and Chelsea waved at her and smiled.
 
“What took you so long?” asked Athena.
 
“The bus is late almost every single day,” responded Jessica.
 
“I never knew it came this late though.”
 
“Well our bus driver is a jack ass that loves to make everyone at our bus stop late for school.”
 
“I'm glad my bus driver isn't like that. Hmm…we still have ten minutes before to bell I think.”
 
“Good. That's enough time to tell Chelsea about what happened after Matt and her left,” Jess said holding the door open. When everyone went inside the building Jessica walked infront of them.
 
“I want to know about what happened too,” pouted Athena, while walking through the doors with Chels. “While we were waiting for you, I got all the information about what Chelsea knows so far about the date.”
 
“Okay. Well after they left…, “started Jess, turning around to their faces; making her walk backwards.
 
“…we started to walk around the mall. After-“
 
“Jess…,” said Chels.
 
“-a few minutes it started to get kind of boring. So then he-“
 
“Jess…,”
 
“-led me to this fountain thing and-“
 
“Jess!” said Chelsea, with a little impatience.
 
“What!”
 
Jess then took one step back and bumped into something. She started falling backwards and Chelsea grabbed her hand, trying to prevent her from falling. Chelsea must have grabbed her hand too late because Jessica's hand just slipped out of her grasp. On her way down to the ground, Jessica's eyes held an emotion of surprise.
 
“Ouch…,” mumbled Jess, after she hit the floor. After a few seconds she scanned the room to see if anyone saw. She met eyes with Athena, Chelsea, and two guys she never saw before.
 
Still on the floor, she looked at the guys and got embarrassed.
 
`I must have tripped from backing into them,' thought Jessica.
 
“Um…Hello,” said Jess.
 
“Are you okay Jess?” Athena and Chels said in unison.
 
“Yeah I am,” replied Jess, turning her attention to her book bag and trying to see if anything fell out.
 
One of the guys burst into laughter. Jessica directed her attention onto a guy on the skinny side and black hair. He was kind of tall too. He was wearing a striped shirt and a pair of ordinary jeans. It seemed like he just wanted to be comfortable.
 
Jessica made a sour face toward him and the guy next to him was trying his hardest not to laugh. He had straight brunette hair and hazel eyes. He had a black hoodie on and a studded belt hooked through a loop on his worn-out jeans. Jessica's hair was also similar to his but his was shorter.
 
“Nice fall,” smiled the hazel-eyed guy.
 
“It wasn't that funny,” said Jessica, getting up from the floor.
 
“Well it was from my view,” he smirked.
 
Jessica squited her eyes at him and got ready for an argument. Saying that to her seemed to be the last nerve. He was picking a fight and she was going to let him. She looked him in the eye and he shot back a grin.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-