Original Stories Fan Fiction / Realism Fan Fiction ❯ When Dreams Fade ❯ Goodbye... ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: This is the end, yes. Like I said before, none of the characters are representative of any real person. Seriously. Especially Nancy. Because I love her and would not want this to happen to her. Okay. Yeah. I love you guys. The end.
 
When Dreams Fade
-
Epilogue
-
© 2006 Ohne Sie
-
 
 
 
All of that happened three years ago. Nikolas, Erik, and I are twenty-one now. On the third anniversary of Hana's death, which was also my twenty-first birthday, Nikolas and Erik took me to a bar. I didn't really drink, though. Hana probably would have laughed at me for that, but I wasn't in the mood to drink, really. Erik was, apparently, because he tried to hit on Nikolas the entire night. Nikolas was kind of annoyed by all of the attention, but Erik is his best friend, after all. I'm sure Erik's boyfriend wasn't too happy about it, but he was kind of drunk, too. It was actually kind of funny.
 
So much has happened in three years, though. I finally learned where Alyssa got her money. As it turns out, she and James were an item even back then. Alyssa had a job as a writer, just like I do now, but James was really giving her all of her money. They live together, now, in James's apartment. They've lived there since they were married, three months ago. Nikolas and I ended up moving into Alyssa's old apartment.
 
I actually haven't talked to my parents in a while. I probably should, but I'm not that forgiving of a person. Alyssa talks to our mom all the time. She says that our parents miss me, but I can't really forgive them for believing those lies about Hana. I can't forgive anyone who did.
 
Mr. Dran is still teaching at our old high school. He has a girlfriend now, I think. Or, at least, he did the last time I saw him at Alyssa's house. He's seemed to recover from Hana's death. I don't think the feelings she had for him were ever returned, of course, but her death did hit him pretty hard. He took off work for a while, until the principal threatened to fire him.
 
Nikolas and I stopped at Hana's grave yesterday. We left flowers for her. I wanted to tell her the news before we told anyone else. Nikolas and I are getting married. So far, Hana is the only one who knows. Well, Hana, and everyone else in the cemetery, I suppose. I don't think they'll tell anyone. We're not planning on announcing our engagement until Halloween. That's in about a week. Why Halloween? Well…I guess my old morbidity has been retained over the years. I still love cemeteries, after all, even if I do have a special connection to one of their occupants…
 
Hana's death never really made me sad. Not her physical death, anyway. Not like her spiritual death did. I haven't cried since that day, when her candle was officially snuffed out. Her physical death meant nothing to me. I guess Hana really died the day that Erik's brother died. We just didn't know it at the time.