Original Stories Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ The Damned ❯ Chapter 4

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 4: Caged Inside




Vast plains of ice never ended.
Snow fell at a steady pace and the winds were strong and harsh...yet also refreshing.
A lake was set in the middle of it all, the top was hard and thick with ice, the frost over it made it able for one to skate and get that cool swish sound whenever taking sharp turns or twirling around.
Though Rae had never been one to skate.
Balance hated her.
So why it was she was set dead in the core of the lake was beyond her.
Though no ice skates were strapped to her feet and she felt a little odd without them, it confused her, she had never been skating before, so why should it bother her not to have the shoes?
She was wary without them.
In her caution she slowly lowered herself to her knees, gasping at the cold to her bare knees.
One more discovery.
She was in a black toga.
And no underclothes had been provided.
So the draft was painful and it made her heart skip beats with gentle gasps leaving her.
Rae began to move, crawling and slipping occasionally.
But no matter how hard she tried to get to the soft, white, freezing, ground, her tries were all in vain.
She was getting absolutely nowhere. And the more she tried the more difficult it got. Raising her hand, Rae realized just how far away she was, it was like she was moving back instead of forwards. That's when the hail began to fall.
First it was one small little pellet, hitting her hand and making her hum in surprise, and then, another hit her head, and another, and pretty soon a shower of hail and rain began a steady downfall on her.
Lifting her eyes slowly, she placed her hands over like a shield, making sure none of the precipitation got into her orbs, or clashed into her glasses.
What was seen caught her by surprise.
On the bank of the frozen lake, a large looming shadow was placed. Set into the head of the figure, bright ruby eyes glowed at her, and the wide expanse of its mouth showed long sharp scissor fangs.
Her eyes widened and she screamed when his large, wispy black foot came crashing onto the surface of the lake, sounding a cracking sound that ripped into the sky and into her mind.
Every step send shards of ice up into the air and the hail above plopped into the river as the ice became separated into rafts. As the beast neared her, his voice sounded, as well her shrieks as she got to her feet and slid back unsteadily.
"Don't think you can escape me," the monster's voice was terrible, deep and growling, yet also was so piercing it sounded like nails on a chalk board.
His laugh was even worse, "Because I live within you."
Suddenly, a majestic streak of lightning shot down, making a huge gap between her and the beast, it roared in its anger, wanting to have her dead no doubt or still in his clutches.
Rae was panting with fear, sick, and this unspeakable, uncontrollable anger that raged inside of her.
The emotions shot to her head just like the lightning had shot into a gap.
She stumbled back and fell into the freezing water of the ice lake.



"Rae?"
The soft whispers roused her from her sleep somehow, and her eyelids lifted, finding herself staring into the deep brown eyes of her brother, Ian.
When her voice tried to sound, a croak sounded instead, and she coughed gently, her bows furrowing as she sat up suddenly, hacking up, something cold that was set deep in her throat and yet came forward like a wave.
Her mouth opened and ounces of water left her, falling onto the floor as she turned her head, her body lurching.
There was a murmur around the room, as the water suddenly splashed to the ground as this blue mist formed over it, yet was gone in an instant.
Only she realized it.
"Rae, oh God, Rae are you OK?"
She looked back to Ian, and felt her embarrassment rising to the roof whenever she found James, Eli, Cyn, and Miguel all standing there staring at her.
"I'm fine," she whispered, finding her throat sore, she cleared it and swallowed hard with a shake of her head.
His hand came forward, brushing back locks of her hair he said to her, "We found you in Cyn's bathroom."
"What," Rae looked to Cyn to find her looking back, her brows quirking up a little with a smirk, she was now mortified.
"Ya, you were out cold...and sweaty, and...you really gave us a scare when it took you an hour to come back." Ian smiled a little, stroking her cheek with his thumb as he cupped the side of her face.
"Just an hour," she pulled herself away, "Wow."
"Can you recall what happened?" James asked, walking up to her.
"I-" she was about to speak when the sliding door of the medical center opened, and in came two men, carrying a dark haired woman by the head and feet, setting her on one of the examining tables, the larger of the two stepped back, she recognized him as Adam.
"She put up a fight," Adam sighed, stroking his bruised cheek and looking to the two, he shrugged, his serious side showing through, "We had to take her down, I'm not sure if she had serious injuries or not."
Nodding, James went over to the table, as well as Cyn, followed by Miguel whose interest was no longer in Rae's story, but Ian and Eli were just on the fence, looking from Rae to the other side of the room.
The woman seemed to be knocked out cold.
Her jet black locks were sprayed out behind her, her caramel skin shiny with sweat and a slight trickle of blood from her lip, with cuts on her arms.
She wore black cargo pants with a black tank and heavy looking combat boots.
James seemed surprised at first, slowing down the pace instead of diving in to begin a search on her.
Rae noticed, no longer involved in her own story, how much care he took with her, his full lips were set into a gentle frown, as he discovered bruises here and there.
"She's hurt, but she'll be ok, she may have fractured her wrist though and her knuckles, from the bruising I see..." James stroked his chin, the black stubble scratching his palm. "So, was roughing her up that necessary?"
"Pretty much," said the other man, his short blond hair was spiked up and turquoise eyes sparkled in amusement, "The wench just doesn't know how to deal with the whole idea of giving in when the time calls for it." He shook his head and rubbed the back of his neck, showing blood on his white hand, "She scratched the crap out of me."
Eli chuckled, "Poor Zell, all ways getting the brunt of the attack, never the light side."
"Bull crap," Adam mumbled, his voice rising, "That lady was about to snatch out my eyes...I like my eyes."
James glanced at him, and then realized that Rae was still there by the way she turned and got to her feet.
"Hold on Rae," she blinked and looked to him.
"Before you go, mind telling me what happened exactly?"
Her eyes flickered off to the side, she couldn't voice it, not right now, it was chaotic enough, plus the new comer would think of her as odd, she didn't want that. "I forget, really, I may have been tired or something," she laughed and shrugged, "Who knows?"
He didn't believe her, she could tell by the way his eyes sparkled and then the voice entered her head, -Liar-. She crossed her arms and cleared her throat, "Can I go now?"
"Sure..." he sighed and brought himself back to the woman, "However, later on, in two hours, come back."
"Right-Wait-What time is that?"
"Four," Cyn answered, "You've been out all night."
"Oh, wow, OK," she shook her head, and turned, heading out of the white room and into the metallic halls.
The clicking of her heels were soon accompanied by anther's footsteps, Ian, she soon found out when his long legged strides had him catch up with her.
"Hey, are you all right?"
"Fine," she smiled up to him...could she tell him?
No.
For some reason, all her trust for him was drained, while it was filled up for these strangers. She looked away quickly, her smile breaking as the headache returned.
"Um, I'm just going to go to my room, all right?"
"Do you know where it is?"
She laughed a little and nodded, "I'm fine, believe me, I know where it is." She took off, wanting badly to retreat in a place where no one would be up in her face asking questions she had no care for.
Once she had walked into her room, she took off her heels and threw off her shirt and skirt, she felt sticky and disgusting in them, heading into the bathroom, she jumped into the shower and let the water pour over her body.
While washing, her mind returned to her dream.
"Don't think you can escape me, because I live inside of you," Rae whispered the words to herself, placing her hand on her heart she knelt her head, confused.
The anger began to swell, and a screech sounded as her fist slammed onto the slippery white wall of the shower, placing her forehead on it and smacking the wall repeatedly.
"I don't understand," she hissed to herself, gasping when the pain entered her body like daggers once again. She dropped to her knees, the water pouring over her, but she didn't let up, instead, she rose to her feet and turned off the water, groaning as she fought the urge to drop.
Rae went to her dresser, dripping wet with small puddles forming around her feet, she pulled on a pair of panties and then a bra, changing into jeans and a shirt, she didn't bother with the shoes as she shakily ran the teeth of her brush through her wet locks.
Then, it was gone.
She gasped as it eased in a flash and her entire body relaxed.
It ebbed away swiftly, and left her there in a daze, looking down blinking, she shook her head and looked around her.
Filled with a longing for food, her stomach rumbled in agreement and she walked out, wandering the halls, her hand skimming the wall, her steps even and quick.
As she walked, the dream replayed in her mind countless of times.
It was vivid and she would add on the possibilities.
What ifs and Whys were swirling around as she walked.
And pretty soon, finding herself leaving the halls and walking into this circle of cold floors and silver walls, she came to realize, "I don't know where I'm going."
"Typical for a newcomer like you," A voice sounded and she turned to find Korbin walking from the same hall as her. Her brows furrowed and she turned to face him.
"Were you following me," Her voice raised, and her eyes sparkled with a want to jump on him and beat him.
Trouble was, she also wanted to jump on him and kiss his pink lips to the point of where she ran out of breath.
His black hair spilled over his bare shoulders in rivulets that looked like silky ink which clashed with his pale skin, the black white beater was over his muscular form as the black jeans were snug and cupped the muscles of his legs just right while the black boots added a sexy edge.
"Maybe," he grinned, his eyes shining into purple, then black, his long lashes fell and rose in a hypnotizing speed, her lips opened slightly, watching him as he walked to her.
The feeling was odd and new, she barely knew him, and from what she had gotten to get acquainted with, she didn't like.
But the sex appeal rose at a dangerously high level, and her heart caught in between beats as he made these movements and gestures towards her.
"Where are you headed?" His hand reached out, taking a lock of her hair and twirling it around his index finger.
"I was hoping to get something to eat, I'm really hungry," she gulped and went on, "Problem is, I don't know where to get the food."
"Ah yes," he laughed a little, letting her hair fall back onto her shoulder, he smirked and sighed, "Well that would be a problem considering you missed dinner, breakfast, and lunch...heard about you mishap, what happened?"
"Nothing," she chirped, looking away she said, "So, where is the pantry place...do you know?"
"Ya, I know," he rolled his eyes and grabbed her hand, "Come on, I'll show you." Dragging her through the halls, Korbin was leading her to the Pantry where most of the food was held for dinner and for those who had access and wanted a midnight snack.
Or in this case, just a snack or something of that sort.
It wasn't very long that they had to roam the halls before coming to this large silver door, Korbin let her go and pushed the door in, it swung open and she followed, the sound was a wish as it went back and forth before stilling all together.
Rae stood in the middle of the room, as Korbin went to this cabinet, and opened it, showing packs of cookies, bags of chips, sodas, and God knows what else.
"Choose, only two though, they're pretty tight on the letting food out thing, but luckily the main man loves me, so I'm OK." He winked, walking out of the way so that Rae could take her pick.
"Ya, he was at dinner right?" Her fingertips touched boxes and plastic, viewing the labels and twisting her mouth as her mind raced with choices. "The one at the head of the table..."
"That's him, we call him Mr. Fray, no one knows his actual name." Korbin crossed his arms and mumbled, "Not sure if we want to."
"I see," Rae's hand folded around a box of cookies and then grabbed a soda, sighing she smiled to Korbin and turned. "Well, thanks for the help."
"Hold up." She barely took a step when he sped forward and blocked her way out. "I believe that for offering you my services, I should be payed." Korbin's black brows rose and he smirked, leaning down to stare straight in her eyes he murmured, "So, hand it over."
Blinking, and unsure of what he wanted, she had an idea, and leaned forward, closing her eyes and planting a quick kiss on his lips and standing straight, she stood there, terrified and not wanting to be forced or touched more then regular by him.
"Uh," he stood up straight and rubbed the back of his neck, chuckling in his confusion, "I was talking about having over a cookie..."
An incredible color of red flashed onto her cheeks like the bright words on a marquee sign, "Oh." She turned her head down, and dug into the box, pulling out several cookies and handing them over, "S-Sorry."
An awkward silence settled in like a heavy fog.
"Thanks Rae," he leaned to her again, and he rose her eyes, and his lips brushed her cheek and then down to her neck, making her breath hitch in her throat, before he pulled himself away and brushed past her, strolling out.
Shoving a cookie in her mouth, she waited several minutes before going out and heading to her room.
But on the way there, something distracted her.
Screams, and then a piercing clash of sound echoed down the halls.
"STOP!"
Rae looked back and her eyes widened when recognizing the woman from earlier who was laying on the examination table, sprinting towards her. Her black eyes blazed in anger and an urgency to leave.
Behind her was James, who yelled for help and ordered her to Stop.
She didn't comply.
When seeing Rae, James' eyes urged her to stop the woman, to do something.
And as the getaway was getting closer, Rae found herself in a tight spot, she wasn't quite sure if she wanted to help, but by the way James was urging and was very anxious about the whole ordeal, Rae rolled her eyes.
The woman was now a little behind her, and Rae suddenly jumped in front of her and leaped. Her arms encircled the raven haired woman's neck, grunting as her fist pummeled into her stomach, though she stayed firm, her vice grip tightening as they fell with a hard thump, she squeezed her eyes shut and focused on only getting the woman to stay still.
Neither of them spoke as they struggled, just grunts and cringes that filled the air, the darker skinned woman had put her whole palm up into her gut, determined to get free. Rae was starting to see stars shine behind her lids, though said nothing when finding that James was now getting to them, looking at the two.
His brows rose, "Hm..." he shook the dirty thought away and went forward, in his hand was a needle, and while Rae was holding the woman down, he placed it into her neck, draining the needle of the fluid into her.
The woman went limp, though her eyes were still open and she looked like she was about to kill someone.
Rae jumped up, holding her stomach and blinking back the fuzzy feeling and looked to James, "What did you do?"
"Muscle Relaxers times three," he grinned, his dimples sinking in deep, he then went to a crouch beside her, "Sorry Alex," he winked at her, she scowled back.
"Alex?"
"Ya, that's my name," the woman growled suddenly, though her sentence had small pauses and she fluttered her lashes, fighting the urge to just go to sleep.
Alex was suddenly up in James' arms, looking to Rae he smirked, "Thanks for the help, some strength you got there." Alex scoffed in reply, looking away.
Rae found the scene to be cute, Alex's head was leaning on James' chest, and he was standing there like a man who had just proudly won his prize.
"Um," Rae spoke up when he turned, "We're still going to talk at 4, right?"
"Oh, yeah, of course." He looked back to her and nodded with a smile.
"OK, great," she waved gently before turning and walking away.


Four seemed to come up on Rae like this sudden rush of wind, a knock was on the door of room, eating the last cookie, and she looked up and mumbled, "Come in."
James walked in, nodding to her, "Hey."
"Hey," she swallowed the rest of her cookie and then smiled, "How'd it go with Alex?"
"She's asleep," he sighed and shrugged, "She's wild man, I was just turned around, you know, doing my duties and what not, when all of a sudden, she had me in a head lock." He sighed heavily and raked his fingers back through his hair.
"She's frickin insane."
Placing a hand over her mouth, Rae gave a soft laugh before she said, "Sounds like a handful."
"Ya, well..." He waved it off and placed his hands in his pockets, "So, do you mind telling me what happened last night?"
Right, the hard part just had to butt in.
Rae pulled her knees to her chest and sighed, "Well, OK, for the last five days I've been having these headaches," James sat at the foot of her bed, looking at her. "And, last night, I not only had the headaches, but I felt really sick, so I excused myself, you know, to get myself together. I was stumbling through the halls and all of that and accidentally came into Cyn's room and wound up in her bathroom...and...I started sweating and the pain got to the point where I could barely move. And suddenly, this flash of blue came from me, my eyes, and," she gulped and sighed, "I don't know...I just passed out."
James furrowed his brows, his mouth was in a grim line and he seemed to be lost in his thoughts before saying, "That's odd...you say a blue flash? Hm," he shifted uncomfortably, the telling of her story weighed heavy on his brain and he was genuinely confused and worried.
"Perhaps...but no," he looked at her and asked, "Do you...have any family members who claim to have powers or something like that?"
"I haven't spoken to any other family members besides Ian since I was nine..." she shrugged, "So no."
"I see," he cleared his throat and murmured something incoherent, in which Rae blinked and craned her neck forward, longing to hear what it was he didn't say out loud.
Though, when he got up, she sat back and he quickly snapped, "Sorry, but, I will be going now...I need to collect some thoughts and opinions," before he stepped out, he paused and glanced back to her, "Remember, take it easy...these headaches of yours could be something serious."
Her hand rose, "Wait-" But he was all ready gone. She rolled her eyes, wanting to tell him of her dream, she figured it was only that...a dream.
Or so she hoped.


"Come on, a little harder, and faster, deliver it so quick and fierce the attacker won't know what hit him!"
Rae growled as Adam threw his orders to her, he was more pumped up then she was.
She looked to the man from the other day, Zell, who was across the ring, he too was jumping around and punching the air with this huge, stupid, grin.
"I'm so sick of this," she mumbled, tossing her hair back, she suddenly ran forward, a loud growl leaving her as she threw numerous punches, each one was blocked, and one was countered, connecting with her cheek.
She stumbled back, panting and looking to Zell she had the urge to go and cut his head off...this black mood enveloped her, moving into her veins and heart.
She took no regard to Adam and went forward slowly, Zell was still bouncing like a retarded kid with ADD.
When ever her glare caught his attention, Zell paused, and cocked his head to the side, his eyes widened, when her body was surrounded with black smoke, and she ran forward, screaming out, all ready her energy had been used up with running and swimming laps, her body was exceptionally tight and she was ready to relax for a while.
And this was supposed to be one of her last exercises for at least two weeks.
So, in her urgency, she wanted to get it over with.
She backed up, and then jumped forward, soaring in the air she was up above him and came down hard and fast, her foot went straight into his face, and with him as leverage, she did a back flip and landed in front of him. Zell's head was still back, trying to come back from the shock, he cried out when both of her fists stabbed into his gut, and sent him up, her forearms held him up.
He gasped raggedly, looking down to her with his wide blue eyes, he coughed, and then she slammed him down.
Adam was frozen in place outside of the ring, his mouth was hanging open, and he was blinking several times as he watched his Five year boxing champion friend on the ground, gagging with blood and bruised.
When realizing what it was she had done, Rae stumbled back, her body shaking.
"Oh no," she was now breathing erratically, her heart was hammering away in her chest, and the feeling of wanting to throw up filled her, and she fell to her knees.
Adam hurried over, entering the ring and going to Zell, he checked his pulse, the blond was fine, pretty beat up, but he'd live...or so he hoped.
Looking behind him he saw Rae on her knees, her arms were around her and her head was bent, his orbs softened from panic to pity when he heard her tremulous sobs.
He went over to her, "Rae?"
Rae looked up, her hazel eyes were now flashing into an ice blue, her tears streamed down her face and her mouth opened, "I...can't..."
Suddenly, she rose up on her knees, a scream leaving her, he noticed her sharpened teeth and this fury that entered her eyes, they flashed black.
And in instinct and for her good, his large fist went up and across her face, and then up into her stomach.
She coughed, her breath catching, until her eyes rolled back into her head and she slumped forward, Adam caught her, and shook his head, lugging her over his shoulder, he grabbed Zell by the waist and toted the both of them to James and Cyn.

"What happened?" James was in a panic, while Cyn was moving swiftly and looking calm as she moved Rae onto the table as Adam had Zell on the other, both of them were out cold.
Quickly telling of the story, James was lost in confusion while Cyn was listening intently, looking at Rae who seemed peaceful in her sleep...yet there was this thing about her. It was pent up but dying to get out, and she had an idea of what, but said nothing.
The doors opened to show Eli, his silver eyes were darting to the two, and went forward to Rae, moving a lock of hair away from her bruised cheek; he glanced up to the other and mumbled. "I heard what happened...does anyone have a clue how?" He threw a glare to Adam who looked down, and told him as well.
At the moment, James was worrying for these two and then for Alex, who was in a whole other section to herself, he was worried about the Relaxers wearing off and then having her go buck wild like earlier, what with this tragedy...it was a bit much.
No one noticed how Korbin was all ready in right after Eli, taking in the story of what happened, he smirked, his interest was rising, which was noticed by Eli who glared at him...he winked in return.
"Where's Ian?" Cyn asked, looking at them all.
"He's out..." Korbin answered.
"I see, well when he gets back, he needs to know. Rae's story goes a bit deeper I believe, also, we need to inform Mr. Fray. In the mean time, let's get Zell cleaned up."