Original Stories Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ The Damned ❯ Chapter 5

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 5:
Convincing




The night had been eventful, tiring, yet gave the result Ian needed.
It was a simple case, get the girl whose life had been altered by new found abilities, down the affect a little, and then be off with her in tow so that she could be taken under their wing.
When going back, he found himself being drug into the medical room once again, finding Rae knocked out once more on the examination table while Zell was sitting up on the other one.
He was informed of his sister's episode.
And on an instinct for her and his better good he had taken her into his arms.
"Where are you going with her," James' voice had been urgent and his expression was that of pure confusion as he headed out.
"To take Rae to her room, I don't think she wants to be awakened by you people any more with a light glaring down into her face. The experience is not good...at all." Heaving her away from James, he ignored the stares he got from some people in the halls.
Instead of going into her room, they came to his, and he let the door slide open before heading to the bed and laying her down.
He dressed down to some black basketball shorts with a white tank, letting the comfort slide over his body.
When ever he was relaxed, he sat at her side, his head against the wall as he looked down at her face.
The bruise was dark and heavy on her face, despite that however, she looked peaceful, as though she didn't just freak out and go into some demon mode.
It baffled him, her behavior.
If it wasn't for the stupid training and waiting, he'd all ready turn her over to Mr. Fray and the Specialists, letting her get the injection and to share his fate.
A fate of greatness.
Whenever a groan left her, he slid down to lay on his side, his elbow propping him up, he gave a soft whistle, making her head turn towards him, her eyes opened and she blinked several times.
"Ian?"
"The one and only," he smiled gently before saying, "So, mind explaining what happened earlier?"
Rae sat up, eager to share, yet was hesitant, she licked her lips and then suddenly mumbled, "I have no idea. It just...um, happened," her gaze was unsure and jumped around the room.
"I don't believe you," for once, his tone wasn't light and airy, it was deep and the sincere worry showed in the way his eyes shined. "Rae," he reached forward and touched the side of her face, "Tell me, please..."
In one jumbled mess of a sentence, she told him all there was that needed to be said of her experience back at the ring. All of which had Ian deeply interested while Rae was lost in her experience by the end.
"It just happened...instinct, reflex, whatever you want to call it," she licked her lips, bowing her head to shield her face with her hair, "I feel terrible for it...and so confused. I have no idea what's happening to me."
"I think you and Mr. Fray should talk," Ian suddenly said, "He may know...cases like these are thrown about all of the time. He might can help you."
"Really?" Pulling at her fingers, she nodded, "I need something...everything is just so fuzzy and confusing lately, like I'm lost."
"Understandable," he leaned forward and brushed her bangs back, kissing her forehead, he murmured, "I was the same my first two months here...I was between being confused and grieving over not being able to see you or talk to you..." he suddenly wrapped her in a hug, squeezing her soft body gently. "I missed you."
Her eyes welled with tears as she clung to him and buried her face into the crook of his neck, her shoulders rose and fell into heaving sobs.
They stayed that way for a while, he was holding her while she was crying out all of the frustration, sorrow, and grief, he knew what she was going through.
But his compassion was limited as his mind was pulled into another direction as his heart struggled to stay in place.
Soon, his heart complied and he gently pushed her away.
"Go back to your room, OK? I have things to take care of, but I promise to get something planned for you with Mr. Fray," his brows rose and he nodded, "All right?"
"Ya," she wiped her eyes and stood, "O-OK."
He grinned, "Rae, I love you...? Know that."
Heading to the door, she nodded, "I love you too," she glanced at him, only to find him interested in something else.
Rae sighed, and walked out, wrapping her arms around herself and heading to her room.



The clanking of his boots gave a warning to most as Korbin came stalking down the halls. Every night he made rounds about the place, going down the maze like building, saying hellos to some while he gave a look to others.
They were the ones who didn't even deserve their powers.
Now he, he was one of the head people here.
His power was something most people coveted, they wanted all he had.
But they couldn't have it.
Which had this weight hanging over their head, and he would dangle it constantly while laughing at them as they tried to fight, only, they would lose.
As all ways.
Walking down the halls, all into his own business, he became distracted as he spotted Eli, who was at a steady pace, heading somewhere, he grinned, and suddenly got in his way.
"So, Eli," his brows rose, "What are you up to?"
The blond sighed heavily, coming to a stop, his nostrils flared for a moment before grumbling, "I'm going to check with James and Zell about something...is that OK with you?"
"Possibly," his smirk was deep and dark and had Eli cross his arms and roll his eyes. "So hey, have you heard from Rae lately?"
Eli's eyes glanced up to him and he shifted on his feet before saying, "No. I haven't."
"Well I sure have," stroking his chin, Korbin chuckled, "Girl's a screamer," he winked and continued on.
When hearing the growl that sounded like a clap of thunder, he turned and laughed as little sparks of yellow lightning shot from Eli's hands.
"Korbin," his voice was out of this world and deep, turning to face the man, his blond locks flew up with this gust of wind and this spark entered his silver eyes and took over to show a molten gold. "I swear to God, if you've laid a finger on her-"
"More like in her," Korbin interjected, catching Eli's stare, he went on, "Ask her yourself." He winked and turned, his hair bouncing and his stride steady and confident, not minding the way Eli was burning holes into his back.
The counter move was the nightmares he would be plagued with tonight.
It was all ways a joy to mess with peoples' heads.
Guess that was why it was fun to mess with Rae.
She was cute and her face was expressive and she tried so hard to be tough...
But no.
Snickering to himself, he remembered the other day in the pantry, the way she had kissed him so brisk as to appease him in payment.
Too bad it wasn't a long kiss.
He sighed, pausing, he hadn't seen her since that day which was only three days ago.
She had been staying for a while now and still she didn't know the true, genuine, Korbin.
And the power that laid inside of him...and as for her power, well, get the two together, he was certain they would be unstoppable.
Looking behind him, he nodded, pleased, to see that no one was around, he headed to Rae's room.
She wasn't there, he knew that, she was speaking with Cyn and James, as well as that feisty girl Alex who had calmed a little since being told of her purpose for being here.
He leaned against the wall beside her door, his eyes ahead and his arms crossed over his chest, waiting.


Sitting on a couch, Rae had her legs tucked in under her pretzel style, her hands on her thighs as she looked across from the three others who looked at her so surely.
Alex, who had yet to be injected, since she too was undergoing studies, was acting as though she really had a say-so in what Rae did and said.
Rae didn't mind her, she just didn't understand why she was standing looking at her with the same authoritative gaze too.
"Look," Cyn began, her intelligent tone of voice sounding in gentle waves and triggered something in Rae's mind, seeing the significant resemblance to a teacher...or some scientist.
"What Mr. Fray has told us is that you were to be injected soon. It will harness the power inside of you and will make you as powerful as us with a calm nature so you don't go out of control."
At her expression, James interjected, "Rae, you have an anger problem, Zell can vouch for that and so can many others. We don't want your inner...demon to come out and destroy whatever is around you."
"So, basically," Rae narrowed her eyes, "You wanna sedate what power I have and give me a power that's generic?" Lately, she had been embracing the idea of having such capability, sure, the dreams and odd thoughts were disturbing, but she rather liked having this...strength and skill that baffled other people while she was just absorbing each and every thing, getting to know it a little better and to understand it.
"No," James sighed, "We want to give you a power that's stable. I mean, you don't want to have this guilt over your head every time you go out of control and knock the head off of one of your own members."
"How about I don't want to be injected with that crap?" Her eyes flashed, and she bared her teeth, "I never wanted to come here in the first place! No one asked me if I wanted to join this stupid, Damned, society where all of you are just screw ups who want a taste of power so others won't try to put you down." Jumping up to her feet she was not inhabited by the spirit's anger, but by her own, "You messed me up...messed Ian up! If it wasn't for you idiots, he and I would be making like we had all ways planned. But no...you ruined it."
Cyn stepped forward but Rae stepped back, shaking her head, "I like feeling this...like I'm uncontrollable. It gives me some freedom and makes me unlike you  all. So no, I will not be forced to take the stupid injection."
When turning around, she gasped to find James right there, staring at her, he advanced on her and made her stumble back.
"You can't seem to grasp the concept," he growled, his hands rose and engulfed her arms, turning her body and slamming her back against the wall, his face in her, "If you can not be tamed there's no telling what the power inside of you might due. It could destroy you in the process, ever think of that?!" He was shaking now.
"The abilities you have," he shook his head, "They're not human, I've seen them before, in the people I love. It was a drug to them, an excuse to go out and do whatever the h--- they pleased because they were so high on it, they didn't realize it was destroying them. So Rae, I ask of you, not only for your sake, but for the sake of those around you, get the injection. You'll still be powerful, probably more powerful then most since you've obviously got talented blood running through your veins."
"We're not forcing you," Cyn said suddenly, "It's your choice...for right now."
"Fine," Rae spat, shoving James away she straightened herself up and growled, "I'll think about it, but I'm not promising anything." Giving them a blazing look, she turned and walked out.
Alex scratched the back of her neck before saying, "So, if she declines the injection, which she will," sighing she crossed her arms over her chest, "What will you people do? Tie her down and inject her yourself with no consent from her? Or-"
"Who knows?" James suddenly said, bowing his head, his eyes sparkled faintly, going back to the painful memories of the ones he lost. "The ones I've known, they died...self destruction before anyone could get to them. So," raising his head he shrugged, "If we really want Rae, then she'll be forced to get it. One of the main reasons she was brought here was for her own good. Her mother-" he paused and mumbled, "There's just many stories behind one, and she only knows her own."
Shrugging, Alex turned, "So, Cyn, mind informing me some more on the injection? Sounds pretty cool."


Walking down the halls, Rae had her head bent with her feet shuffling the floor.
She was fuming, it was unbelievable to think they would actually want her to give up what she was.
"Never even wanted to come her in the first place," she grumbled, her hands slipping in to the pockets of her jeans, Rae was now looking up, "Stupid people...stupid injection, stupid life."
"I know that from somewhere."
Freezing in mid-step, she pivoted on her heel and set her foot down, facing Eli who gave a soft, amused, smiled. "Sounds like a quote from my autobiography, it was used several times," running his hand back through his hair and then to his neck, she noticed just how easily he did it, like habit...it was cute.
Rae mustered up a smile, her arms coming up around herself, "Ya, well, it's very a suitable for a time like this."
"What's up?" He moved closer to her, his eyes were set on her and a soft guise was set into his face. Seeming all most eager to lend an ear, he joined in step with her as she continued on walking.
"They want me to get the injection," bowing her head she went on and spilled all there was of the conversation from earlier, giving her the side of her story and telling him all she felt.
She resented them and their plan for her, she wanted no part of it, yet they made it seem like she had to or her entire life would go tumbling down hill.
"I don't understand why I have to give up my life for this. Sure, it wasn't great, never has been, but I liked it more then being held up with a bunch of freaks." As soon as the words had slipped, her eyes closed painfully and she bit her lip, not wanting to see how he reacted, she glanced up slowly to see a little v form in the middle of his brows, his pouted lips were gently bit on and the look in his eyes made her heart tremble.
"Oh, Eli, I didn't mean, I...know you're not a freak, you're actually one of the most normal ones here," she paused right in front of him, making his strides come to a halt. Looking up at him, she sighed, "I just don't want to be here."
A smile graced his face and he reached out, gently tipping her chin up, "I know you don't. I didn't want to be here either...but looking back at what life was whenever I was stuck in my rut of a life, I was grateful for these people to come and offer me this reassurance. It's a stronger foundation then I've ever had, so, I personally love it." Rae's heart twisted, regretting her words and her little tantrum.
"You've got to understand," he went on, "Many of us come here for a home, the power we get in return is a reward...it's something that makes us feel like we're worth something, it gives us hope. Ya, we get out hands dirty, and sometimes," he cut himself off and shook his head, "It's different for alot of us, the reason we're here."
His hand had settled on her shoulder, and slowly he moved his arm around her, walking within step of her, "Thing is though, if you don't take the injection, many will rise against you...and things that hurt you will happen, and I don't want that to happen to you, but it's the way of The Damned."
"And see," Rae's voice was exasperated, "Why must you call yourself 'The Damned'? It doesn't make your group any more reassuring."
Eli laughed, "Ask Mr. Fray about that." There was a beat of silence, before he paused and turned to her. "But Rae, I'm serious, the power within you can eat away at you," both of his hands were on her shoulders and his eyes stared straight down into hers, "The injection could be the only answer." Leaning down, he rose her head a little more, his hands cupping the side of her face, his forehead touched hers gently, "So think about it, all right?" Rae was a bit lost in his eyes to really care, and when they sparked once again into that incredible shade of gold, her mouth open slightly and then she gasped as his mouth seized hers, his tongue gently caressing hers. His arms had encircled her body firmly against him, and his hands ran up her back and then roamed right back down onto her lower back, gripping her in a squeeze for a few more moments, their kisses becoming intense and wanting, she was let go, breathing heavily for several moments, until he grinned and licked his lips.
Tracing her lips, he lingered there, looking into her eyes, the golden in his eyes were astonishing, but his silver eyes were gorgeous, she liked both.
"I'll see ya," he turned and walked away, smiling to himself, his hear thumping wildly in his chest.

Heading back to her room, Rae was exceedingly giddy, her hands joining in a quick excited clap, her smile bright and her eyes dancing, she stopped in front of her door, not noticing the other body that was entering as well.
Rae was swimming in her own happiness, distracted by the buzzing on her lips and the ringing in her head, he kissed her.
And by God, that man could kiss.
 Suddenly she jumped up, laughing, and when landing, she didn't quite land.
She hovered, which totally freaked her out when feeling strong arms around her waist, she screamed in response, her body struggling and her legs kicking.
Immediately she was dropped.
A grunt followed the sound of her body thumping onto the floor, she panted gently and looked back to find Korbin standing there, holding his knee, bent over with his silky banner of ebony locks raining down in front of his face so she couldn't see his expression.
"What is wrong with you?!" Rae yelled, on her feet, shaking from the surprise and fear she had been overcome with.
Looking up, Korbin's eyes flashed into a luminescent glow of purple, his teeth were clenched and his breaths left in heavy pants, "Frickin' A! That hurt you wench."
"YOU were the one who came up and grabbed me like that," she shook her head, sputtering, "Why were you in my room anyways?"
"Well, I followed you inside," he laughed, straightening up, "I mean, you walked right by me, and didn't notice me at all...thinking of someone else?"
"No," Rae answered quickly, her cheeks heating up, she swallowed and ringed her hands, "So um, any reason as to why you're here?"
"Mmm," he began to make a route around her, circling her, his eyes running over her, "To talk to you of course. To see how you were, and all of that wonderful stuff." Pausing, he leaned forward, his lips brushing her ear, "It can sometimes get difficult if you have no one to talk to." He suddenly continued, his hands behind his back, "So, I'm making myself available to you," his eyes caught hers and an odd flicker of emotions crossed his face, "Anytime, anyway possible if it makes you feel better."
Rae was quivering, she felt weird, scared, and yet excited, she was trying hard to push that last feeling away, she didn't need this, not now. "Well, thanks Korbin. But um, I'm pretty fine, nothing I can't handle." She intertwined her fingers and smiled, "Thanks anyways."
A short laugh left him, she was now getting dizzy as he continued to circle her, and was thankful that he stopped, she was just a little wary of him being right in front of her, his fingers skimming her neck.
Whenever his head lowered, she backed away, and turned her back to him.
"Korbin, I'd like to be alone, i-if that's all right."
Korbin watched her, groaning slightly and shaking his head he came up behind her and moved his arms around her shoulders, hiding his face in her neck, he grinned, "You know Rae, if it were with all of that power of yours, I wouldn't get an injection. I bet you they're going to drain you of it all...you'll just be another face in the crowd, not one who can overpower those around you and truly gain control." Softly his kissed her skin, up to her jaw line and then to her ear, sucking softly on her ear lobe, she arched her back, shivering, it was hard to pull herself away. She really didn't want to.
But remembering just how capable Korbin was of turning this whole thing into a disaster, she stepped out of his embrace and sighed. "Believe me, I'm not sure of accepting the injection, all right? It's my choice, I'll figure it out."
He turned her around, making her stare up into his eyes, "Rae, your power mixed with mine could wind up being amazing and out of this world." Lowering his head, his whispered onto her lips, "I want to know all of you, to feel your power with mine, it could be incredible." In an instant, his mouth had captured hers in a whirlwind kiss, embracing her tightly against him, all she could do was respond, her mind was blank of all sense, and instead, there was this feeling of foreboding darkness, it wasn't something ominous and scary though.
She liked it actually.
Her brows furrowed and her arms looped around his neck, pressing her body even closer to his, her tongue danced wildly with his own.
Rae wanted to feel more, she wanted to gain a hold on this feeling, it was staggering, the way they went hand in hand, eachothers' passion was matched up incredibly, she sighed in response to his hand that had slipped under her shirt, creeping up her stomach and pressing against the silky cloth of her bra, feeling her supple breast, she shuddered as his hand went on to move the strap down.
Korbin pulled himself away, unable to control himself if this were to continue, he cleared his throat loudly and moved his hand away, looking at her lips, wanting to taste them again, he walked back.
It was odd, he was...shaken by the fact that her power was overriding his, it actually made him fear what it was she could throw at him.
"I-um-Rae," he dared not catch her wanting look, "Excuse me." His guard had been  knocked down, "D---...I have to go, I just remembered something." Turning, he walked away hurriedly.
Rae sighed, sitting on her bed, being left in her misery of painfully wanting him, she bowed her head.
"Crap..."




"Mr. Fray," the regal voice of the blond woman caught the middle aged man's attention. "Mr. Smith has informed us of Ms. Sanchez's  intention of rejecting the injection. He seems rather urgent about it...I assume you know why?" Her brows rose at the way he waved it off.
"I know Jessica, believe me," he sat up in his large black, office chair, turning to look out of the window of his office building which stood two hundred stories above the city.
"Ms. Sanchez will be accepting terms soon enough once my plan is played out, tell him not to worry, I will handle this." His brows rose in his delight, replaying an earlier conversation with a young man, "This Rachel will become one of us soon..."
Jessica nodded, turning and walking out, shaking her head a little at her boss's words. He all ways weirded her out...she stayed around though, loving his looks and cool demeanor.
There was no telling what was in store for this Ms. Sanchez.