Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ I'm dead? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“I'm dead?” I asked god. I knew that I had gotten hurt in the accident, but die? Perhaps I should start from the beginning…
 
“Bye mom! Bye dad!” I waved to them as I ran off to school. A little way along I got tired from running.
“S**** this! Ill just get a cab!” I saw a cab and waved to it. It came immediately, just like everything else did when I wanted it. It was Christmas, and I couldn't be late for school today. The dance was today, and I was going to ask the most perfect guy out to it. I knew he was single, and I talked to him about what he liked and stuff. I didn't notice how fast (and drunk) the driver was going. I looked out the window and saw something horrible. A truck was coming, head on, toward the cab I was in. Since the driver was going so fast, the truck hit exactly where I was, the back seat. The trucks tremendous power ripped the back half of the cab off… With me in it. I saw my life, right from the time I was born, to the present time. I saw it flash before my eyes, like I was watching a movie fast forwarding. The movie only started playing at my most precious memories, and that's when I realized how horribly spoiled I was. Spoiled enough to call a cab instead of walking to school. Stupid enough to get into the car and not realize the driver was drunk.
 
So now we're up to date. I'm in heaven, dead, talking to god himself. I looked at my back. No wings. I had no halo either. I was still wearing my blood stained clothes, not new crystal white robes.
“It doesn't look like I'm dead.” I looked up at him and crinkled my nose.
“That's because I am not going to keep you dead. I am going to send you back as a dog, to teach you how to live. You will be born as a dog, and grow up as one too. I'm sorry to do this to you, but im afraid it's the only way. Right from the time you were born I knew it was a mistake to give you the parents I did. They spoiled you, and in that way you became arrogant. If you had gone any longer that way, you would have gone straight to hell. Now, step back.” I looked at him. I still couldn't believe what I was hearing. A dog? I hated dogs! I was strictly a cat person, no dogs! Now I was going to be a dog? I think not!
“No way! I won't go back as a dog! A cat, sure, but not a dog!”
“If I gave you your desire, you would not learn the lesson I am trying to teach you. That's why I am sending you back as a dog. Not a cat. Now please step back.” He said to me holding up his hand when I was about to argue. I scowled.
“Hmph, fine.” I said and stepped back. “How's this?”
“Fine, now close your eyes, when you open them, you will be a dog. An American Eskimo would best suit you I think. Good-bye, Krissy.”