Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ Another Scenario ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I wondered who it was who had rescued me. Obviously strong, and Becky told me that all he was was a silver streak of something, so that implied that he was extremely fast so that no one would see him. I kept my thoughts to myself, only sharing some of them with Becky. I wanted to know his name. But what if he wouldn't come unless I was in danger? Or if I was with some one?
“Becky, I'll be back later, you can manage on your own for about an hour, right?” I asked her.
“Ooooooohhhh, I know where you're going! And yeah, I'll be fine.” She smiled at me, I nodded and ran off to the highway.
 
When I got there, I didn't know what to think. First I thought of running out onto the road and almost getting hit by a car, my mystery rescuer rescuing me. But what if he didn't rescue me? I'd end up like my mom through my own selfishness… Again! I hadn't forgotten about what happened. It stayed clear in my mind and haunted me. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get rid of the horrific nightmare…
 
`… I heard a scream. I couldn't look back, and didn't need to. I knew it was my mother who had screamed. I heard the screech of a car and was ready to die again, but death never came. I opened one eye. I was on the other side and Ryan was staring at me. But he wasn't smiling. He wasn't looking at me at all, but past me instead. I turned on the spot. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as I looked into the cars flying by. A car was stopped, and in front of it a human who was shaking the most horrifying sight I had ever seen. “MOTHER!”…'
 
I shook the thought away. NO! I couldn't do this to him. Or myself! I turned to leave, when a tight rope was caught around my neck. A long bar pulled up from the rope and at the top stood…
“A dog-catcher?!” I howled out in pain as the rope tightened. I was a small dog, no match for this big human. I couldn't lead myself into this though, so I struggled. He wasn't coming. My heart sank as I lost all hope and stopped struggling.
I heard a low growling from behind me. The first thought was that it was another dog the catcher had caught, but this wasn't so….
 
A silver streak flew by me, and I gasped as he brushed my shoulder. He stopped and took hold of the bar the catcher was holding, he was snarling at the man, and his teeth glinted. Now I could describe him better. He had silver, not white, silver fur. It sparkled and shone. His eyes were a kind, bright blue. His ears stood straight up and were big. His tail resembled Andrew's, but was much longer and swooshed from side to side. He had big paws and was much bigger than me. His muscles clenched tight as he pulled at the dog-catcher's leg. The man fell to the ground, loosening the rope around my neck. I slipped out easy. The silver dog barked for me to hurry, I did as he told me. He ran alongside me, obviously keeping to my pace. We got somewhere safe from humans, and he turned to leave.
“No, wait!” I said to him. “What's your name?” he turned around and looked at me with even kinder eyes than before… If that was possible.
“Joseph.” He stated his name than ran off before I could ask him to meet Becky. I wondered if it was possible to be dumbstruck and lovesick at the same time.
 
“Soooooooo? How'd it gooooooooo?” Becky asked enthusiastically.
“Mmmmmmmm” was all I said, and this surprisingly excited Becky.
“Was he cute? How did you meet him this time?” Becky asked many more questions that I answered with either an `mmm' `yeah' or an explanation. She was satisfied, but I wanted to see him again. I couldn't be falling for him… Could I?
That night, as I softly drifted to sleep, I thought about him.
“Joseph…” His name sounded sweet on my lips, and I couldn't wait to see him again.