Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ The End ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

What I saw changed everything that had happened to me…
“Wh-what's going on?” I asked to no one in particular. I sat up, looking around the strange room I was in. Wait… I was in a hospital room!?
“Sweetie! You're awake! We all thought we might have to pull the plug, but you're awake!” It was my mom. My old mom. And I had been in a coma. But for how long?
“M-mom, how long have I been ,erm, here?” I asked shyly. It was like I didn't even know my own mother any more.
“Six years. Your hair has grown so much, and Ryan came to see you every day! And…” She dragged on and on about this and that, when I suddenly remembered Joseph.
“Joseph! What happened to him? Oh no! What am I gonna do?” I yelled.
“Shhh, calm down sweet heart. And who's this Joseph?” she wouldn't understand if I told her. She would think I had gone crazy. I sighed.
“No one.” I sighed deeper. I got up and began walking out the door. I new my mother was trying to stop me, talking to me, but I didn't care. I wanted to hear the angel's beautiful voice one more time. I stared blankly ahead of me. Doctors were trying to stop me, people were staring at me, but I didn't care to notice. Some one grabbed my arm, and the instincts I had lived with in my dream some how kicked in. I swiftly turned and brought my leg up, kicking a doctor in the head and snarling. I narrowed my eyes into slits and took a short glare at the doctor. Then I bolted. I wanted the angel. My angel. I cried as I ran. I suddenly heard something. Singing. It was him! I knew it was! I ran in the direction of the voice. I knew that song! `When I'm With You' by Faber Drive! I smiled as I ran to him. I saw him. There he was. Right there singing. I suddenly felt like a dog again, even though I wasn't. He was human, like me. He smiled at me as he sang. I smiled back and sang along. I walked calmly over to him. He embraced me lovingly as I laid my head against his chest. I began crying. I got my wish! God had answered my prayers and sent my love to me! I just listened to his beautiful voice and closed my eyes. I wanted this moment to never end, but I knew it had to. I opened my eyes and looked at his face. It looked exactly the same as in my dream. Somehow I knew it wasn't a dream, that my soul had traveled into a baby dog s body, and that I had visited god, and most importantly, that I had fallen in love and learned a lesson about it. I had fallen in love with Joseph and wanted to be with him for the rest of my life.
“Krissy… Do you know this boy?” I heard my mother call to me, but I didn't answer. I just snuggled closer to Joseph. I knew him all right. He was my perfect angel. He sang to me the songs of love, life, and death. I loved him so much and would die to be with him, so if that was what had to happen, the so be it.
“Krissy! Answer me!” my mother yelled at me. I let go of Joseph and turned around to her.
“Yes.” I whispered quietly. She looked astonished. I hadn't taken a spaz, I hadn't had a fit, or anything. I smiled. I wanted nothing but Joseph right now.
“I have to go, but I won't forget you.” I heard Joseph speak the first words, and the rest was blanked out. I turned and ran to him.
“Don't go. Please. I'll do anything if you just stay with me! Please?” I whispered to him. I held on to him tightly. I would never let him slip away from me again. I loved him with all my heart. I had never felt this before. I felt light and feathery, as if I were a fluffy feather pillow. Was this what love was supposed to feel like? Because if it was, then I never wanted to let go of it.
“I have to go… But I promise I will come right back. I will always love you, if you love me back.” He spoke softly and I felt tears coming to my eyes, but I nodded nonetheless. I let go of him and watched him fly away. I felt the tears roll down my cheek. I knew that I could trust his words, but I somehow felt doubtful about him coming back right away. I sighed and let the tears poor out. I turned. Maybe Becky was real too. I walked past my mother and she grabbed my arm. I looked at her with sorrowful eyes.
“Where is the old Krissy? The one I missed so much?” She asked. I turned away, pulling my arm out of her grasp in the process. I closed my eyes before answering her.
“Dead.” I stated simply. “She was killed in a car crash because God thought she was too spoiled. He sent her back as a dog and taught her how to love and care for others, and she fell in love with an angel in the process. And now she is gone for good.” I walked away, leaving my mother staring at me dumbstruck. Then I saw her. Becky was staring at me smiling. I smiled back as I chocked back a sob. She noticed this and ran over to me. She hugged my and smiled.
“Wow, I didn't think you would look so good after being in a coma for six years!” she exclaimed. I laughed.
“Yeah, neither did I.” I smiled at my friend and cried at how familiar she was to me. I had better friends now. I had a better life now. I suddenly heard a scream. I turned around to see some of my old friends. They ran over to me and hugged me tightly.
“Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! You're alive! How did you, like, survive that, like, car crash!?” They all yelled at me. Asking me questions I couldn't understand. They complemented my new hair, and my new clothes. Then I realized that I was wearing the clothes that god had made for me. I broke away from them and thought of how terrible my friends were. I sighed. Becky was still beside me. My old friends looked at her and snorted.
“Come on, Krissy. Lets ditch this loser. You are so much better than that.” My mouth dropped. I couldn't believe that she would stoop so low! She insulted my best friend! My only true friend! She had stayed with me my whole life as a dog! I lost control at that and slapped her. She looked at me like I was crazy.
“Becky is my best friend, she actually cares about me, not about my money. You are the losers, not her!” I shouted. I would defend my friend at all costs. The girls stuck up there noses.
“Fine..” one girl stated, obviously at a loss for words.
“Wow, you really have changed. And I don't think it was for the better!” A girl up front, probably the new leader of the group since my old self `died', said. I rolled my eyes. They were still there, when I heard Joseph again. Becky heard him too, she looked at me and grinned. We bolted. He was singing again. It was probably his favorite past time. My old friends heard him too, and followed us. The new leader of the group (I think her name was Jennifer) gasped when she saw Joseph. I knew what she was about to do, and hated every second of it. She was going to flirt with him. She whispered something to her group, then giggled with them. She then strode over to Joseph and looked him in the eye.
“Hey there, I'm Jennifer. And who might you be?” she asked quietly. He sighed.
“I'm not interested.” He said as he pushed past her. He walked over to me and kissed me. I smiled and closed my eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. I was kissing an angel, and it felt like heaven. The group was dumbstruck. Becky was smiled widely. I loved this, and I was never going to let it go.