Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ White Christmas...Or Not??? ❯ The Metting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Well here is Chapter 2, of White Christmas...or Not???? In the first chapter I introduced you to Edward (and remember this Edward has NO RELATION to the Edward from "Twilight). I hope you like this chapter.
-------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------
Whi te Christmas...Or Not??? Chapter 2: The meeting



So I showed Edward the way to the church. We went down a steep hill and crossed the bridge. I wonder whats going on at the church? I thought, as we crossed the bridge. I found the trail I always took to get to the church, and started to descend down the hill, when I lost my footing and slipped.
"Ahh!" I said losing my footing.
I felt a soft hand grabbed both my arms to stop me from falling. I looked up from my awkward position, my legs were straight and only a few centimeters from the snow covered trail, and saw Edward staring at me.
"Do you walk down hill much?" He asked me being a bit smug.
"Um...apparently not." I said jokingly.
Edward helped me up, and told me that it would porbably be best if he went first, in case I fell, which was a good idea. So Edward walked past me, to take the lead. The sunshine, made Edward's beautiful features show even more. Which got me thinking even more if he was real. There was noone like him here in Princeton, a small town with hope of becoming more. I shook my head at the thought of Edward not being real. And followed, Edward had already reached the bottom of the hill, when I was only half way down. But he waited for me. As I got to the bottom of the hill, Edward held out his hand, I took it smiling at him.
"What?" He asked.
"Nothing." I said shaking my head. "It's just you're such a gentleman."
"Oh" he said laughing at my comment.
------------
"Daniel calm down," Bob said, "Im sure they'll be here any minute now.""Ya, I should stop pacing back and forth." Daniel said, "I think I'm starting to wear a hole in the floor."
Bob laughed. Bob was the Pastor at our little church. He was a funny guy, though some of his jokes were really out there. He is very youth oriented, and above all loves god. He is one you could go to for a problem.
Daniel stopped pacing and decided to go look out the window. He stopped and looked out the window, and saw both Edward and myself heading for the trail.
"There they are." Daniel said, and laughed as he saw me fall. "Nice save'"What?" Bob said.
"Well Kitty just fell, and Edward caught her, just in the nick of time." Daniel said laughing after he said that.
"Ah." Bob replied.
"Awww." Daniel said.
"Now what did he do?" Bob asked.
"He held out his hand for her." Daniel said, "I think he likes her."
Bob shook his head, and asked Daniel if he was going to be a match maker for him. Daniel laughed at that, and left the window, and took a seat, as did Bob.
-----------
Edward and I reached the steps. Edward told me to go first, saying that if I fell backward, he would catch me. I laughed lightly at that. He seemed to laugh at that too. We made it to the door, and walked in. The secruity alarm beeped which startled Edward, and I laughed a little. Daniel and Bob both heard me laughing, and left the office to greet us at the door. I was still chuckling when Daniel and Bob came in the room.
“Good afternoon you two,” Daniel said
“Hi Daniel,” I said, “So what's up? You sounded like something big happened?”
“No.” Daniel said, “Well....There was something that had happened...”
“And?” I asked.
“I want to talk to you in the Office.” Bob said.
“Ok” I agreed, and followed Bob to the office.
Daniel, and Edward both went to the prayer room to talk. Daniel asked Edward how his first half day of school went. Edward started to say how he couldn't believe how his day went.
“Well Daniel,” He started, “You know how I was really upset that I had to move here?”
“Ya, why?” Daniel repiled.
“Well,” Edward said, “I think I'm going to like it here.”
“Oh really. And why is that?” Daniel asked.
“Well, I think it has something to do with Kitty?” Edward said, “She's someone easy to talk to. And I can tell her anything. And she's really sweet.”
“Ya. I know she's a sweet girl.” Daniel said, “But she has a lot of issues in her life. However, when I saw her with you at the door. She was happy. Probably the happiest I've ever seen her.”
“Really?” Edward asked
--------------
In the office, Bob took a seat in his office chair. And I took a seat in the other computer chair. I wonder what Bob wants, I thought to myself. Bob smiled. It became very awkward very fast. There was a long pause before I decided to break the silence, feeling the silence creep in on me like the darkness of a black hole.
“Alright Bob,” I started a little agitated at the long silence between us, “What's going on?”
“Calm down, Kitty,” Bob said rather calm.
“No, You called me here, and I'm here.” I said getting more agitated with him. “You don't just call someone sounding like something bad happened. Then just say hi.”
“Please relax.” Bob said, “im going to tell you something important. And I don't want you getting upset over this.”
“Well then say it.” I said, calming myself down.
“Alright.” Bob said, “Look I'm going to be gone for a couple of months, so Daniel will be in charge of the service.”
“And?” I asked guessing there was more.
“Well, I also want to discuss your team.” Bob said, “I understand that you have taken Sonia off your team. Without my knowledge.”
“Well you weren't here and I had told John about taking her off my team.” I said, trying not to sound irritable.
“Well I need to be informed about these things.” Bob said, “She could still benifit from being on your team.”
“No. Bob listen to me. She only wanted to be up on stage, to get the lime light.” I said, almost yelling.
“I still would have liked to have a little confrontation about it though.” Bob said.
“WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?” I yelled. “YOU WEREN'T HERE, AND SHE ONLY WANTS TO BE ON STAGE TO HAVE THE LIME LIGHT.”
“Kitty you don't have to get all upset about this.” Bob said.
“NO BOB YOUR NOT LISTENING TO ME.” I yelled. "THIS CONVERSATION IS DONE!"
-------------
In the other room, Daniel and Edward heard me yelling. They both looked in the window, and saw me standing up and yelling at Bob. They saw me get upset, and walk out the door. Edward looked at Daniel with a worried look. Daniel looked just as worried.
"I have to go see what happened." Edward said.
"Probably a good idea." Dainel said, "Take Kitty to Cowboy Coffee and get her something to calm her down. Ok Edward."
"Ya, ok." Edward said.
------------
I walked out of the church, and slammed the front door shut. Edward was following me, he opened the door, and Ran down the stairs.
"Kitty," He called after me.
I just kept walking. The tears started to flow. The last thing I wanted was for, Edward to see me cry.
"Kitty," He called again,"Wait!"
Edward took a deep breath and decided to run after me. He finally caught up with me. I wasn't that far ahead of him, I had made it to the middle of the alleyway when Edward grabbed my shoulder. He froced me to stop, and then walked to the front of me. Edward saw that I was crying, he smiled. How could someone smile when someone else was in tears? It made no sense to me. Edward pulled me forward, and hugged me.
It was so nice to be in his arms, I started to cry even harder. Edward just stood there holding me. He bent his head down, Edward being 5'10'',and me being only 5'4'', and whispered in my ear.
"Calm down." He whispered, "I told Daniel, I would take you to Cowboy Coffee, to get you something to calm down."
I still cried, only quieter so i could hear his soft voice in my ear.
"Now," He said, "Where is Cowboy Coffee?"
I laughed, and tilted my head up to see him.
"I'll show you." I said, laughing through my tears.
Edward put his arm around me, to push me forward. I began showing him the way to the coffee shop, when we met up with Ethan at a corner. I sighed, and Edward looked at me.
"Hi Kitty," Ethan said.
"Hi Ethan," I said trying not to sound annoyed.
"Whats new?" Ethan asked.
"Not much." I said, "Oh Ethan, this is Edward, He's new to our town."
"Nice to meet you Edward," Ethan said with an evil twinkle in his eye.
"Nice to meet you too Ethan." Edward said.
"Are you busy Kitty?" Ethan asked.
"Yes she is." Edward answered, "She's going for coffee with me."
"Oh." Ethan said annoyed with Edward, "Then when your not busy."
"Bye Ethan," I said, hoping to hide my annoyed voice.
Edward and I left Ethan at the corner, where he met up with him. I looked at Edward, he looked really annoyed. Though I couldn't think it was because of Ethan. So I let the thought go, and continued my quiet walk with Edward.
We hadn't said a word since Ethan showed up. It bugged me that he didn't say anything. I wanted to know why all of a sudden Edward became so silent.
"Edward what's wrong?" I asked worried that I was going to make him even madder than he looked.
"He really bugs me, for some weird reason." Edward said not looking at me.
"Oh." I said, "Me too."
"Then why do you even bother to talk to him?" Edward asked, now looking at me.
At that moment we both stopped. Edward's eyes, were locked on mine. I couldn't look away, even if I wanted to.
"I talk to him, because...."I stopped and thought about that, then said "Well because I talk to almost every one. Including him. But now its awkward talking to him."
By this time we had made it to the door of Cowboy Coffee. I went for the door, when Edward slapped my hand, and opened the door for me. He asked me what I wanted, I told him a mango smoothie would be great, though it was cold outside, I wanted a smoothie. He told me to find a seat for the two of us, and he went to buy the drinks.
I found a table by the window just for the two of us. I took off my jacket, and put it on my chair, sat down and waited. A few short moments later Edward joined me, holding my smoothie in one hand, and his drink in the other. He smiled at me, so I smiled back. He set my drink on the table. I reached for it, and took a sip of it. He still seemed very annoyed at Ethan.
"What is it now?" I asked, starting to get annoyed at him.
"What happened with you and Ethan?" he asked rather quickly.
"Nothing." I replied, "He asked me out to dinner last year, then he went too fast, and I ended it."
"And?" Edward asked, "Did that make it awkward?"
"No," I said," No thats not what made it awkward."
"Then what?" Edward said almost yelling at me.
"Well you see." I started, "I was talking to him on MSN chat, I was telling him my problem, And he told me he was in the same boat as I was. So I asked him to tell me."
"And what did Ethan say?" Edward asked.
"He said he liked me alot," I said not looking up from my drink, "He said he liked me ever since he first met me."
Edward sat there and stared at me. I looked up from my drink to see Edward staring at me. He seemed a little less annoyed, and more sorry. He took his chair and placed it by mine, and looked at me.
"He didn't hurt you did he?" He asked.
"Why do you say that?" I asked.
"Well you started to cry again." Edward said wiping a tear from my face.
"No." I said, "Ethan didn't hurt me."
"That's good."Edward said, "Otherwise I would have to hurt him back."
He laughed, and I smiled. Edward had a good sense of humor, and knew how to make me laugh. I liked being with him. And I couldn't explain what I was feeling, it was all too new to me to even begin to comprehend it. Edward looked at the clock on the wall, it said it was ten after four.
"We better go." Edward said.
"Ya, my parents are probably worried." I said.
"Daniel told me he was going to phone your parents."Edward said.
"Oh." I said.
Edward and I got up and left the coffee shop, and headed home. The walk home was more endurable, once we had Ethan out of our heads. We started to talk about things that no one else would want to talk about. We talked about the way people acted somewhere, and then acted differently around a different crowd. We laughed, and laughed. He was so easy to talk to, almost as if I have known him for years, when in reality I had just met him. I was beginning to feel like my old self again.
"So have you lived here your whole life?"Edward asked as we entered the trailer park.
"No. I moved here when I was in grade 7." I said.
"Cool." Edward said, "Do you want to do the same thing tomorrow. Go out to the coffee shop again?"
"Ya. It was alot of fun!" I said happily.
"Cool." Edward said. "And don't forget, I'm picking you up tomorrow morning."
"Yup." I said
"What time should I be there?" Edward asked.
"How does 8 sound?" I asked looking at him.
"8 sounds great." Edward said.
We kept walking and talking. Untill we reached my house.
"Well this is where I live." I said.
"Nice place." Edward said.
"Ya." I said, "Maybe you could come for dinner sometime?"
"That would be nice." Edward said, "Bye Kitty, see you tomorrow."
"Yup! See ya tomorrow at 8" I said and waved bye to Edward as he continued walking straight.
I walked in the house. I could smell my mom making dinner. I took my boots off and headed for my room. I opened my door, took my jacket off, and hung it up in my closet. I came out, mom looked at me and told me it was dinner. So I washed up and sat down to eat.
That night, I laid on my bed. I couldn't help but think of Edward, for some weird reason. He was stuck in my head, and I didn't want him to leave. This was the first time in a long time that I felt this way. I was excited for tomorrow, and wished it would hurry up. I closed my eyes and began to dream.
---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Well there you have it chapter 2 of White Christmas...Or Not??? I hope you liked it. I'm hoping to have Chapter 3 up tomorrow sometime. Please feel free to leave a review.