Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ White Christmas...Or Not??? ❯ The Promise ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Well here you go, Chapter 3 of White Christmas...Or Not??? Remeber this is my stroy, this is all coming out of my head. So please be nice. This is my first story. I hope you're all enjoying the story so far. Remeber, feel free to leave a review, or comment if you like.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------
White Christmas...Or Not??? Chapter 3: Promises


I slept very peacefully last night, thinking of Edward. Though I couldn't figure out why I was thinking of him. I had only met him yesterday, and I was already starting to feel something. But I couldn't let what I was feeling get in the way of my friendship with Edward.
I got up earlier than I usually did, and had a shower. My mother was surprised to see me up already. But I couldn't tell her why I was suddenly getting up early, I mean after all I had only met him yesterday, and I was starting to get excited to see him again. But My mother would have to understand eventually what I was doing. I was finished my shower, and breakfast early, maybe there's something to this getting up early thing, I thought. I had all my stuff at the door, I had only 10 minutes till Edward came to my door to pick me up.
"Where's the fire?" My mother asked
"No where." I answered, "Oh by the way, you don't have to give me a ride today."
"Really?" She asked.
"Ya." I said, "A new friend is coming to get me this morning. And don't worry, he has his licence."
"He?" She asked.
"Ya." I said, "His name is Edward. He's a friend of Daniel's. And just moved here."
"Oh. Well have fun then" She said.
"Kay. I will." I said putting my boots on.
Honk!Honk!
"That's him. Bye Mom." I said and left her.
I walked out the door and saw Edward standing by his car. It was a very gorgeous car, sliver with blue racing stripes on the top. I looked very closely at the car and noticed that his car was a Mustang.
"Oh My God," I said. 'You own a Mustang?"
"Not just a Mustang." Edward said, "It's a 2008 Shelby Cobra Mustang GT500KR."
"Wow." I said, "It's so nice."
"Wait till you see the inside." Edward said, opening the passenger side door.
He was right the inside was nice too. It was black with light blue stripes on the seats, and very comfortable. Edward got in, and started the car, all you could hear was a quiet purr of the engine. It was so cool, I was smiling, and Edward smiled back. He turned on the CD player, and the song Titanic Techno by DHT was playing.
"You Like DHT?" I asked.
"Ya." Edward said , pulling away from my house.
He listened to some of the same songs I did, like Family Force 5, DHT, ATC, Beach Boys, and Linkin Park. It was awesome that we shared the same taste in music.
"So do you play any instruments?" I asked.
"Ya, guitar, piano, and my voice." Edward said.
"Really. You sing?" I asked
"Ya." Edward said. "Didn't Daniel tell you anything about me?"
"No. Not really." I said, "He probably wants me to just bore you with all my questions."
"Your not boring me." He said and turned his right signal light on and turned, and made an other right turn.
"Oh." I said. "I'm not?"
"No." Edward said.
Edward's driving made me think of my dad's, Edward was fast but not too fast. I looked at him as we turned left on the airport road, then left toward the school. He was so concentrated on his driving. We pulled up at the school and drove around till Edward found a parking spot. He didn't kill the engine just yet. He let it purr a few more minutes.
"Kitty?" Edward asked, looking at his steering wheel.
"Yes Edward." I said melting at how he said my name.
"Can I tell you something?" Edward asked looking up from his steering wheel out the front windshield.
"Shoot!" I said, "Anything."
"You are one of the first persons I've ever fully opened up too. I mean aside from Daniel. But your the second." He said still stareing out the windshield.
"Really?" I said.
"Ya," Edward said looking at me, "I feel like I can tell you anything."
"Thanks, Edward that means a lot to me." I said almost crying, "I feel the same way too."
He killed the engine, got out, and walked around to my side. Edward opened the door, and closed it after I came out. We walked together, to my locker than to his, and made our way to the cafeteria, where April, Maxx, and Jess sat. We walked in and Maxx said her usual morning to me. I stopped at the edge of the table and Edward did the same only a few inches behind me. I introduced him to everyone, and they seemed to have excepted him. I was so happy when they did.
Morning classes went by fast as usual. It was double 2 in the morning, which meant two hours of a spare and two hours of art for Edward, April, and Maxx. In art I was doing my math homework from the night before. Edward was busy in his sketch book again, April and Maxx were talking about something I couldn't catch. I glanced up every now and again to check the time, and then glanced at Edward, still sketching in his sketch book. I sighed and went back to my homework.
By the time the first hour was done, I had finished my homework, and was beginning to contemplate what I was going to do in the next class. I thought really hard, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I was surprised, I thought it was Edward. I turned my head and saw Edward still at his table. I turned my head to see Ethan standing next to me, too close to me actually.
"Hi Kitty." He said.
"Hi Ethan." I said, trying not to sound to disappointed.
"Are you busy after school today?" He asked.
"Yes," I answered too quickly "Edward and I are going for coffee again,"
"Oh, what about tomorrow?" He asked.
"Um...." I said, "I'm busy that day to."
"Oh" Ethan said and left.
I noticed when Ethan walked by Edward, Ethan glared at Edward. I shook my head in disappointment. Why is he so persistent? I thought. The bell went for second period. I sat on my stool for a couple of minutes before I decided to go and visit with Edward. I got up and walked toward Edward, and saw Ethan watching me go toward Edward.
"Hey." I said taking the empty seat next to Edward.
"Hi." Edward said a little annoyed.
"What's up?" I asked.
"Nothing," Edward said.
"That's BS." I said, "Something is obviously bothering you"
"Nothing is bothering me Kitty." He said getting a little more angrier with me.
"Fine." I said, and looked at Ethan sitting at his table smirking.
I got up from my seat beside Edward and walked around the front of the table. Edward looked up for a brief moment, and saw the anger on my face. April, and Maxx had also turned and saw the look on my face. They turned around and saw Edward looking a bit confused, as to why I was heading over to Ethan. But noticing where I was headed, Edward's face changed from confusion, to anger.

"Ethan," I said aggressively
"Hi Kitty," He said looking up at me
"Don't act all innocent with me." I said getting even more angrier at him.
"What are you talking about?" Ethan asked.
"You know damn well what I'm talking about." I said rather harshly to him.
By this time the whole class was looking at us. It was a good thing that Ms. Cappos was out of the room at that time, or I would be forced to leave the room.
"No I don't know what your talking about." Ethan said, getting a little more worried.
"Ever since Edward showed up, all you've been doing is glaring at him." I said furiously, then yelled, "GET OVER IT! I'M NOT YOUR PROPERTY! I NEVER WAS, AND NEVER WILL BE. SO LEAVE ME ALONE!"
Ethan just sat there staring at me. He couldn't believe what I just did, neither did I for that matter, nor the entire class. I was so upset that Ethan thought he still had a chance with me, well now he knew just how mad I was with him. It felt good to get that out of my chest. I left Ethan, staring with his jaw dropped, and returned to my table to get my books.
"What are you doing?" April asked me.
"What does it look like? I'm getting my things and leaving." I said, still furious with Ethan.
Maxx and April watched, as I gathered the last of my things and headed for the door. I reached the door, opened it and stormed out. Edward looked up only to see the door close behind me.
"Where is she going?" He asked.
"Probably to the cafeteria." Maxx said looking back to see Edward, "She was there long before we invited her in here."
"Oh." Edward said, getting up, "I'm going to go and talk to her."
"That's probably not a good idea," April said
"Why not?" Edward said, "Your her friends, aren't you worried about her?"
"Yes, we are." Maxx said, "But it's best if she just does some thinking on her own."
"Too bad." Edward said, "I'm going to go and talk to her."
And with that final word said, Edward left the art room to head to the cafeteria.
---------------------
I reached the cafeteria, tears started to form in me eyes. I was so shaken, I still couldn't believe that I did that. It wasn't something I did, I went out of character then. I walked to the normal table I sat at with Maxx, Arpil, and Jess in the morning. I slammed my books on the table, not hard enough to actually make aloud bang though.
I sat with my back to the window, my feet were up on the bench and my arms folded around them. I put my head down on my arms and let the tears just pour out of me. I was so upset, I didn't want to be around anyone. I heard footsteps coming into the cafeteria.
"Kitty?"
I looked up to see Edward. He had a concerned look on his face.
"What are you doing here?" I asked, the tears still coming down my face.
"I'm here to see if your alright." He said, "Are you?""Do I look like it?" I said still crying.
Edward sat down in front of me on the bench. He looked at me with amazement in his eyes.
"What?" I asked wiping the tears from my face.
"Your something else." He said, wiping a tear off my face that I had apparently missed.
"Really?" I asked
"Ya." He said smiling, "No one has probably ever done that. Ethan is still looking dumbfounded"
I laughed at that, and that made Edward smile even more. I was glad he came to check on me. He satyed with me until the bell went for third period. We both got up, and headed back to the art room to gather Edward's things.
----------------
Math was it usual boring class. Edward took the desk next to me. I fought with a problem for at least 10 minutes, before Edward caught on, that I was having problems.
"Do you want some help?" He asked me.
"Sure." I said, and turned so he could help me.
Edward showed me where I went wrong and helped me figure it out. I was so proud of that. I said thanks, and the bell went for lunch.
Lunch was boring, I wasn't looking forward to eating a boring sandwich my mom made. Not that her sandwiches weren't good, it was just I had them too many days. Edward came up to my locker as he normaly did, and watched as I put my things away.
"Your slow you know that." He said jokingly.
"Ya I know." I said.
"Kitty?" He asked.
"Yes Edward?" I asked back.
"Do you want to go out for lunch with me?" He asked.
I couldn't believe he asked me out to lunch. I was so surprised, and excited that he asked me. I had to think fast as to how to say yes.
"Yes, I'd love to." I said excitedly. Well that wasn't so hard, I thought.
"Great!" Edward said also excited that I said yes. "Grab your coat."
"Kay." I said.
We walked outside toward his Mustang. This was great I was going out to luch with him. This had to have been the best day of my life. Yay me! I thought happily. As we approached his car, Edward ran in font of me and opened the passenger door for me. I smiled and said thanks. He got in and started his car.
"You can find a song if you like." He said.
"Ok" I said.
I looked through his CD cases, and found the Family Force 5 Dance or Die album. I took the CD we were listening to, and put the Family Force 5 album in. The car started to boom with sound. We pulled out of the school parking lot. As we headed out I was singing along to the CD. Edawrd laughed, when the song "Get Your Back Off The Wall" started to play. The song was made off key, but it was catchie, however there was a screamo parts in the song, I sung it very quietly.
Edward started to sing when the song "Rip it Up" came on. I was singing along as well. But when the song "How in the World" came on I stopped singing to hear Edward sing. Edward began to humm as the song started. Edward could sing very wel,. his voice almost matched the lead singer of Family Force 5. I smiled and bobbed my head, this was so nice, to get away from school, all the problems. We reached our destination, with only half the song left. Edward parked the car, and shut it off. We waited, for a few minutes, Edward saw another sliver car pull up to park beside us. I looked out my window and saw Daniel come out of his car, with Bob.
" I hope you don't mind." Edward said, "But I invited them to come to."
"No, I don't mind." I said.
We got out of the car, and greeted Daniel and Bob. Edward looked at me, I was looking at the sign for the restaurant, it was the Belair. The fanciest restaruants in town. The four of us entered the restaruant, we found a booth, and sat down. Edward sat next to me, I sat closest to the wall. On the other side of the booth, Daniel sat right across from me, and Bob sat next to Daniel, across from Edward.
We had a good chat. Bob apologized for yesterday. I told him it was my fault for freaking out at him, it wasn't right. We laughed, and ate our food. It was quiet, while we ate, almost too unbearable to stand.
After we were done, Bob told us that he would pay the bill. Edward and I said thanks and left to go back to school.
------------
The afternoon was fast, but quiet. Edward hadn't said a word to me since we stopped at the Belair. I was beginning to think something was wrong. But I pushed it aside. He would have to talk to me at coffee, after school today.
"Edward?" I asked in English, "Are we still on for coffee?"
"Hmmm." Edward said looking up from his desk, He tilted his head, "Of course we are. I promised you."
"Kay, I was just checking." I said.
The last calss was way too quite for my liking. Both Edward and I had our spares. We both sat in the cafeteria. I was closest to the door, and Edward sat right across from me. We were both doing our math homework. I was starting to think I did something wrong, I shook my head, and focused on my work. I hope he talks to me at coffee, I thought then added, It's starting to drive me insane, he hasn't said a word to me since the restaruant.
BEEP! BEEP!
Finally!
I thought. I looked at Edward, and He looked up at me, smiling. I told him to meet me by my locker, he said he would be there. We both left the cafeteria and gathered our things.
-------------
At the coffe shop, a friend of mine was working, I said hi to him. Edward hadn't said a word the whole ride here, I was beginning to get even more worried that I had done somethig wrong.
"You want a smoothie?" He asked.
"Um...sure...Mango please." I said, "I'll go find a set."
"Ok." He replied
I found a seat next to a window, just like yesterday. I watched him order the drinks, trying to figure out what was bothering him. But I couldn't think of it. He finally joined me, and placed my drink in front of me. I drank my smoothie, and watched Edward drink his, whatever it was he had ordered. I finally gave up, and decided to break the ice.
"Edward what's wrong?" I started, "You haven't said a word since the restaruant. And those few words you asked me."
"Nothing." He replied.
"No." I said, "There's something buggin you. Please tell me."
"Nothing is bothering me." He said smiling, "I was just waiting for the right time."
"Right time?" I repeated, "For what?""To ask you something." He said.
"Ask me something." I repeated again.
"Are you goning to reapeat everything I say." He said jokingly, "Or can I ask you?"
"No go ahead. Ask away," I said.
"Well next week, Daniel, and I are going up to the ski lodge for christmas with the Northside youth group." He started, "And Daniel was going to ask the Youth group over Facebook. But I told him I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to the ski lodge with us?"
I sat for a few minutes to think of what I was going to say.
"Yes." I said, "I'll go to the skii lodge with you and the youth group."
Edward seemed very happy about that. He took me home, and told me he would come and pick me up tomorrow, but he couldn't do the coffee thing, he had to discuss something with Daniel tomorrow. I told him I didn't mind, that he needed some "him" time. He laughed at that, I waved good bye and he left. I walked up the steps, opened the door, threw my boots off, closed the door, and headed to my room.
I slept peacefully again that night. Thinking of Edward again, and the Christmas with Daniel, and the youth group and of course Edward!
--------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer : Well there you have it. Chapter 3 is done. YAY! Again I hope you liked it. Let me know what you thought of it. Please BE NICE in your reviews.