Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Trip Worth Taking ❯ Protecting You ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Protecting You
 
The day from that point on had gone… well, unchanged. Samantha still threw looks at her, and she ignored it.
 
And considering that the Japanese were on a higher education level, she was doing very well. Renae was capable of answering all questions darted at her
 
Though the thing that caught off her concentration was the snapping of gum, from the other American girl behind her.
 
Renae was glad that lunch had come around. She was starting to lose her temper and desperately needed to blow off some steam.
 
Haruka showed her the Kendo club where they would allow her to do so. And were quite surprised with her strength.

Sei was, too part of this particular club, and had told her about it during class. And for part of the lunch period, she really, really enjoyed it. So he said that she could sign up, once the captain saw her form. Hell, he would be happy to have her on the team, even if it was only for a short while.
 
Renae was with Haruka and the boys. Enjoying the rest of her lunch. The boys had found a nice quiet area under a sakura tree out in the courtyard. No one ever came over there, so it was very quiet. Which was good, Renae's head was pounding due to all the noise. That's one thing she did not miss at home.
 
Time here, was peaceful. And Renae was about to fall asleep under the sakura tree, till a shadow came into the warm sunlight. She cracked open one eye and gazed at the girl.

”Haruka, come on, just a bit longer?” She whined.
 
“Come on I still need to show you around the campus.” Haruka said as she leaned over her friend and extended a hand out to her. Renae groaned, but grabbed her friends hand.
 
Standing up a bit dizzily, she steadied herself. And heaved a sigh, before looking down at the small girl that linked arms, and pulling her across the field, and back onto the cement side walk that lined it. And into the building. Showing her all the rooms, upstairs and down.
 
Renae really loved it here. Her lunch was at least an hour and a half long, but this also meant that she would leave school at around three, which is an hour later than home.
 
Renae and Haruka were looking at the view from the top of the grounds that sat on the hill, and were enjoying the quiet. Until a bunch of people ran by, in quite a hurry.
 
Renae walked up to some one, knowing very well that something was wrong, “Excuse me?” She called and one boy stopped, “Not now, there's a fight going on and I don't want to miss it.” He cried.
 
“What do you mean a fight? The only time someone is fighting is with Samantha and someone else, or one of her big guys and…” Haruka said and then stopped, her eyes growing wide.
 
“And what Haruka?” Renae asked, bending down slightly to meet her eyes.
 
“Who's in this fight.” Haruka asked the boy.
 
“Samantha's whole group surrounded Yuki,' He said. “People think he may be in trouble this time.”
 
Renae's gaze wasn't shifted much, trying her best to keep her_ expression still. Haruka was about to say something, when Renae broke off into a run, fast. Down the path that they had come up on and passing the group that had passed them shortly ago
 
Jumping over a few rails, now she started to hate that damn mini skirt she was wearing. Feeling it flare up when she jumped. She was crouched down as she landed, and she looked around, before seeing the commotion in the large crowd.
 
Renae heard pushing and shoving, as well as punches being thrown. She pushed her way through the crowd, seeing five or six very large men, surrounded in a circle around one figure in the middle.
 
The sounds of the people call out, and chanting “fight fight fight.” Was driving her crazy. Also the fact that Yuki was really getting hurt drove her instincts to do the next thing she did.
 
Renae walked up behind one of the men, and gripped his neck. The pressure point in that area was sensitive. The moment she added pressure and increased, he collapsed.
 
Some of the chanting stopped. Yuki was paying no attention to her, as she too started attacking the men. Skidding and sliding, dodging and attacking, he did his best to avoid getting hit, and was failing miserably.

Bruises and cuts were starting to form on his already scarred skin. Then, he was smacked down and hit his head against the concrete. Droplets of blood came out from the back and some dribbled down from his lips.
 
Renae silently gasped, moving silently to another boy that wasn't paying any attention to her. All six of them were twice Yuki's size, both in height and muscle mass.
 
One set a foot on Yuki's exposed gut; his school uniform was completely ruined. He lifted it and was about to thrust it down.
 
But before he made contact with `his' skin, he had contact on `her' skin. Renae's arms crossed in an `x' formation, showing no struggle in holding the man's foot back.
 
She pushed back, causing the guy to fall backward. Now three of them were surrounding her as she did her best to stand over her friend.
 
“You know it's not very honorable to attack someone who is down.” She said, smirking and ready for a next attack.
 
The crowed shifted a bit, clearing the way, for the trampy American, “So what the hell is your problem?” She said harshly crossing her arms and grasping her elbows.
 
The boys backed up just a bit, causing Renae to release her tense posture but not drop her guard.
 
“Why are you doing this?” Renae asked. If this truly was her gang, then why the hell did she send them to hurt Yuki… if she sent them at all?
 
“He's going to learn that no one… and I mean no one dumps me.” She snickered.
 
“It was your fault he dumped you. He deserves better than the likes of you. You give all Americans a bad name.” Renae hissed.
 
This caused Samantha to glare at her, Feh, Renae wasn't sacred of this. This was something she was used to. Now, had she not been wearing this damn flimsy skirt, real damage could be done.
 
Haruka and the boys had finally arrived and pushed their way through the crowd. Reaching Yuki, and inspecting the gashes all over his body and the rather large bump on the back of his head. Renae looked back, watching them check his injuries.
 
“And you know what?” Samantha caught her attention once more. “It's all because of you. Ever since you came into his life, he has totally neglected me. Damn you slut.”

Renae crossed her arms; she could take her on, poor scrawny girl. She literally was no threat to her. Problem was… the boys around her on the ground could be.
 
“I have no consideration in dealing with you; you're a waste of my time.” Renae said as she turned her heel to look at Yuki. She bent down, then looked to the crowd, “One of you, call the nurse. He's terribly hurt.” She called out, her expression, deadly and serious. When no one moved, her face only contorted with more anger, “Damn it. I mean now!” She yelled. That got every one moving.
 
Samantha scoffed at the sight, snapped her fingers twice, and the boys that were standing followed her away.
 
She looked back down at Yuki, and he shifted slightly, “Re…Renae.” He rasped out as he tempted to get up. Feeling a light pressure on his shoulder, “Stay down, you need rest. Just hold on a bit longer, someone went to go get the nurse.” She whispered. She felt his head drop on her lap.

”It would probably be best to keep his head elevated for now.” Haruka said
 
Renae set her hands on his head and started brushing through his hair. Lifting her hand once and flinching when she saw the amount of blood covering her hand that had poured out of the injury. His black hair was now stained red and the once silver streaks had been tainted with the very same crimson color. Midnight blood, that's what it looked like
 
The sounds of the crowd around them started to dissipate and die down after the first bell to class rang, till no one left was there.
 
“You guys go to class; I'll explain everything to the teacher.” She said to her three friends that surrounded her and Yuki.
 
“What about the boys?” Haruka asked. Renae looked back, fully forgetting the boys she had knocked out.
 
“Feh, they'll be fine in a few minutes. But by the time they wake up, we'll be long gone. So don't worry bout them.” She said as she brought her attention back to the injured boy before her.
 
“Are you sure you'll be ok by your self?” Takashi asked her.
 
She looked up at his worried and concerned face, and smiled gently and nodded. Letting him know that she was confident in her decision.
 
Sei grasped her shoulder a bit, as did Takashi on the other before he grabbed his girlfriends hand and walked away.
 
“Be careful Renae, onegai?” Haruka called back to her over her shoulder. Renae nodded to her, but stayed down on her knees with Yuki.
 
She heard footsteps not much longer after they left; she looked from the corner of her eye, and saw the boy she had seen in the crowd earlier, coming with the school nurse.
 
She was a skinny woman; black hair tied up in a tight bun at the top of her head and dressed in a white dress.
 
“Goodness, bring him inside.” She said as she looked down at the boy. The stretcher they had brought with them was laid on the ground next to him. Renae and the boy grabbed Yuki gently, and lifted him onto the stretcher, and carried him to the nurse's office, where she dismissed the boy.
 
Yuki was placed on a bed, while Renae took her place in a rolling chair, rubbing her arms. She was starting to feel the impact on her arms. No doubt that they'd be bruised momentarily.
 
“This is the worst state he's been in.” the nurse said as she gazed at the injuries along his body. Poor guy looked like he was in pain. The nurse pulled out a needle and injected something into his system, then rub the area, “That will help him sleep in comfort, he should wake soon enough. You may stay till he wakes up.” She said as she dressed his wounds, as well as the minor ones on Renae's arms. Putting some cream on them, to help with the burning feeling she as getting, then wrap gauze around.
 
Renae watched the woman leave, then drag her gaze back to the boy on the bed. A pang of guilt washed over her. She had never witnessed someone in the nurse's office like this before. Though she was always capable of saving someone before major damage was done. She was the one who always took the damage. Though it was never serious.
 
Lunch had ended well over an hour and a half ago, and Yuki still wasn't awake. Renae groaned, both due to the fact that she was worried about his well being, and they were both missing their last classes. Trig class was almost done with and history may be missed as well
 
A knock on the door disrupted Renae's thoughts, “Come in.” She said.
 
Haruka stepped through the door, carrying papers and books, “How's he doing?” She asked.
 
“No change.” Renae said as she shook her head.
 
“I see.” Her friend replied as she made her way over to the desk behind Renae, “I brought your homework from last class. I didn't know if you'd be back, so I just brought them over just in case.”

Renae looked at the worksheets of trigonometry. She nodded. Haruka squeezed Renae's shoulder and walked out, “Don't worry. He should wake soon.” She said before she disappeared behind the sliding door