Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 3, Chap. 18: Hang Around ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hang Around
Sunday
That’s it! He can’t take this sitting down! Dustin finally decided to take action. He stood up straight in the mirror.
I can do this!, he thought. Dustin clenched his fist.
Right!, he thought. Then, the cowboy headed out for the day. He found Hallie in the lounge. Good, Dustin thought. She’s alone. He dashed into the room. Hallie looked up when she heard footsteps. One look into her grey-blue eyes and his body went stiff. Hallie blinked at him.
“What?” she asked.
“Uh…” he began. “Hi…”
“What do you want?” his crush asked. Dustin looked around a bit.
“Uh, well…” he said. Hallie narrowed her eyes at him.
“What?” she asked.
“Uh…” he began. “Hi…”
“What do you want?” his crushed asked. Dustin looked around a bit.
“Uh, well…” he said. Hallie narrowed her eyes at him.
“Speak, man!’ she barked. Dustin shut his eyes.
“Can we just hang out today?” he asked. Hallie raised an eyebrow at him.
“Speak, man!” she barked. Dustin shut his eyes.
“Can we just hang out today?” he asked. Hallie raised an eyebrow at him.
“Why?” she asked. The country boy threw up his hands.
“I don’t know!” he yelped. “I want to. Please?” Hallie rolled her eyes at him.
“Sure, whatever,” she mumbled. Dustin breathed excited.
“Wow,” he mumbled. “So, where do you want to go?”
“Nowhere!” Hallie replied. Dustin blinked at her.
“Nowhere?” he asked.
“Yes,” she grumbled. The boy looked at his feet.
“Okay…” he mumbled. “We can just stay here.” She didn’t say a word. Dustin sighed. This…, he thought, is not easy. He looked at the sunny yellow clock on the back wall. Only noon. The country boy frowned. What now? He pressed his lips together.
“So,” Dustin said. “How are you?” Hallie turned to him.
“Really dude?” she asked. He backed off a bit.
“Sorry,” he said. Silence came again. Dustin looked at the ceiling. Still going nowhere. His eyes turned to Hallie. She looked rather cute angry. Her short red hair dusted her shoulders. The freckles on her cheeks added onto her charm. Dustin sat next to her. His fingers inched forward to touch her hand. His chest started to feel warm and fuzzy as his heart began to beat harder. Sweat broke out on his palms. He felt his hand getting closer. Just a little bit further… His heartbeat grew heavier. Just a little bit more… Hallie jerked her hand away. Dustin looked up at her out of his trance. Hallie glared at him.
“What the hell are you doing?” she asked. Dustin jerked his head away.
“Uh… what? Huh?” he asked. Hallie shook her head.
“Freak,” she mumbled. Dustin felt his heart die his chest.
Freak?!?, he thought. Freak?!? Nooo! The cowboy hung his head defeated and mumbled something to himself. Hallie paused and looked at him.
“Say what?” she asked. Dustin looked up with a bright red face.
“I LIKE YOU, OKAY?!?” he shouted. “I LIKE YOU! I LIKE YOU! I LIKE YOU!” Hallie only stared at him with a big, blank stare.
“Okay…” she mumbled. Dustin looked away as he pressed his lips together. Oh boy, now it’s out. Cue in the awkward train right about… now.
Saving Up to Buy Her Something She Wants