Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 4, Chap. 22: Be Mine ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Be Mine
Dustin’s on a mission today. He just had to have Hallie. The cowboy clinched his fists.
I can’t take her ignoring me anymore!, he thought. Dustin formulated a plan to win her over. Part one came in the form of a letter.
He left her a note under her door. Dustin waited for her to see it. He hoped Evie wouldn’t find him. That thought made the cowboy shudder.
Evie… She acted worse than a slave driver. Dating her would be a nightmare in real life. He was lucky it was a front.
I can’t take her abuse anymore, Dustin thought. All she ever did was yell and mistreat him. Today, he would break that contract.
He waited near Hallie’s apartment at noon. His heart pounded with his nerves. The cowboy heard that she went shopping with Choko this morning. They would be back by this afternoon. Dustin looked at his watch. He wished time would go faster. He paced around the hallway.
Sadao doesn’t help matters at all. First off, he’s good-looking. Evie, Heather, Choko, and even Hallie can’t help but to gawk. The tomboy acted like she didn’t even like the priest in that way, but Dustin saw through her.
I can’t lose her! I have to act fast!
By o’clock, Hallie came home. Dustin stiffened his resolve.
I can do this!, he thought. The cowboy marched to his crush. Hallie unlocked the door. She pushed in the door, but paused.
“Yes Dustin?” the tomboy asked. She turned to see to the cowboy biting his lower lip.
“Hallie… hi!” he said. The tomboy narrowed her eyes at him.
“Yes?” she asked. Dustin struggled to talk to her.
“Uh… well…” he began. Hallie folded her arms across her chest.
“Speak!” she hissed, “I don’t have all day!” Dustin swallowed and clenched his fists.
“I LIKE YOU!” he yelled. The cowboy’s face reddened. Hallie raised an eyebrow at him.
“But aren’t you with Evie?” she asked.
“I don’t want to be!” he cried. Dustin grabbed her hands. He looked her straight in the eye.
“I believe in one man for one woman!” he blurted out, “I love only you! Evie’s just using me to make you jealous! I don’t want to do it anymore.” He was just inched from her face at this point. “Just give me the word and I’ll be yours and only yours.”
“Okay…” Hallie mumbled, “Why?”
“I believe in one man for one woman,” Dustin repeated, “You’re the girl for me.”
“How cute,” she said sarcastically.
“I’m serious!” the cowboy pleaded, “I love you, let me prove it to you.” Hallie pushed away, frowning. The cowboy began to worry.
“Hallie?” he asked.
“You’re weird,” she said.
“But I love you!” Dustin pleaded.
“I heard…” the tomboy mumbled. Dustin blinked at her.
“Don’t you love me?” he asked. Hallie opened her mouth to speak as she looked away.
“Hallie?” the cowboy asked. The tomboy shook her head.
“We’ll see!” she said so quickly. Dustin watched as his crush went into her apartment and locked the door. Despite feeling shot down, the cowboy was still confident that he would enter into a monogamous relationship with Hallie. Maybe that would be much sooner than he thinks.
Beat My Bones Against the Wall