Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 5, Chap. 25: Beach Road Trip ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Beach Road Trip
Choko got restless again. She needed to change things up a bit in this stale environment. So, she got on her computer and got to work.
Subject: Beach Trip
Everyone, we’re going to the beach on a road trip this weekend. Bring a bento for a lunch trade. Provide money for gas. If you have any questions, we will meet in the Chill Room for discussion.
Choko <3 <3 <3
P.S.: Be there at six.
The residents all met up in the Chill Room at six. Curiosity buzzed around the room.
“A beach trip?” Heather asked. Hallie didn’t seem so keen. What are you plotting now?, she thought. Choko tapped the podium.
“Attention,” she announced, “We will now call this meeting to order.” All eyes fell on her.
“Good evening!” she greeted the residents. Hallie raised an eyebrow at her.
“What’s this about?” she asked. Her aunt gave her a small shrug.
“Thought it would be nice to get out for once,” she said.
“Uh-huh…” her niece said flatly. Dustin patted her on the back.
“Come on, Hallie,” he said, “It’s summer break we can all use a nice day out.”
“I’m tired of just staying in the apartment day-in and day-out,” Evie complained.
“Exactly!” Choko said, “So, what does everyone say?”
“I’m game,” Evie said.
“Sure,” Reggie answered. Hallie looked around as each of the residents voted yes. She threw up her hands at last.
“Fine,” the tomboy said, “We’re going!”Choko felt like singing.
“Perfect!” she said, “We’ll leave in the morning.” She turned to walk out the door.
“I’ll e-mail the details and plans,” she told them, “Meeting adjourned.” Then, she was gone. Hallie rolled her eyes as her fellow residents descended into happy chatter about the beach trip.
What’s the point?, she thought.
“Isn’t this great?” Dustin asked putting his arm around her neck. The tomboy frowned at him.
“Don’t touch me,” she said. The cowboy drew back his hands.
“Sorry,” he said. Hallie sighed and lowered her head.
“Oh boy…” she mumbled.
Everyone spent that night packing and checking e-mail. Hallie groaned to herself as she packed her clothes.
This is stupid, she thought, Why the fuck are we doing this? A knock came on her door.
“What?” Hallie asked.
“Hallie?” her aunt asked back, “Can I come in?” Her niece sneered.
“Whatever,” she mumbled. Choko opened the door and went inside. Hallie stuffed another t-shirt in her suitcase.
“I know what you are thinking,” Choko said.
“Do you?” Hallie challenged her. Choko shuffled her feet.
“I just want you to be happy,” she admitted, “So, I figured…”
“Uh-huh…” her niece mumbled. Choko turned to her with big desperate eyes.
“Hallie, please!” she pleaded. The tomboy paused and frowned.
“Please what?” she asked.
“Just give this trip a chance,” her aunt said.
“Fine,” Hallie groaned.
“I mean it!” the plump woman pleaded, “I just want you to be happy this summer. I thought a change in pace would be fine.”
“Fine!” the niece yelled, “I’ll go on the stupid trip!” Choko stared at her ever so childlike.
“Really? You mean it?” she asked.
“Yes!” her niece complained, “Can you please go away now?” Choko jumped up and hugged her wildly.
“Thank you!” she whimpered, “You won’t regret this!”
“Yeah, yeah…” the tomboy grumbled. Please get off me. Choko cuddled to her niece as she smiled.
The next morning, Choko loaded up the van with the help of Hal at six o’clock. The boys rode with Hal in the big van while the girls took Choko’s car. Hallie did her best to put on a brave grin as they pulled out for their vacation.
Hell Yes!