Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 5, Chap. 27: Night Song ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Night Song
Beach Vacation Pt. 2
Dustin needed to step up his game, but didn’t know how. He needed help for this one. The cowboy went up to Choko’s room and knocked on her door. The manager opened wide and peeked out.
“Yes?” she asked. Dustin went over what he wanted in his head.
“I need your help,” he admitted. The older woman looked intrigued.
“Alright,” she said, “With what?”
“How do I woo a woman?” Dustin asked. Choko’s eyes looked like stars at his question.
“Ooo!” she cooed, “There are many ways! Who’s the lucky lady?” Dustin’s cheeks turned bright red.
“Hallie,” he said in a low voice. The aunt felt like flying all over the place when she heard that.
“Oh!” she said, “That one’s a challenge.” Dustin’s face dropped.
“What?” he asked. Choko pondered the set-up for a moment. This actually could work.
“Dustin,” she spoke up, “Hallie’s a special girl.”
“She is?” the cowboy asked.
“Yes,” the woman said, “You’ll need a unique approach to this.”
“Unique approach?” Dustin repeated.
“Yes,” Choko answered, “Come with me.” She led him into her room.
Around one in the morning, Hallie awoke to tapping on her window. The tomboy grumbled as she turned in her bed. She drew back the window.
“What?!?” she hissed. A pebble hit her in the forehead.
“Ow,” she murmured. Dustin drew back nervous.
“Oh,” he said, “I’m sorry!” Hallie rubbed her forehead as she snorted.
“What do you want” the cranky tomboy hissed. Dustin picked up his guitar.
“I want to sing you a little song,” he said.
“Huh?” she asked. Dustin sat down on the sand.
I once had a girl
Or should I say she once had me
She showed me her room
Isn't it good Norwegian wood?
She asked me to stay
And she told me to sit anywhere
So I looked around
And I noticed there wasn't a chair
Hallie raised an eyebrow at him. What the hell?!? His singing reminded her of a howling dog. Dustin didn’t notice her reeling back and covering her ears.
I sat on the rug biding my time
Drinking her wine
We talked until two and then she said
"It's time for bed"
She told me she worked
In the morning and started to laugh
I told her I didn't
And crawled off to sleep in the bath
And when I awoke I was alone
This bird had flown
So I lit a fire
Isn't it good Norwegian wood?
Why did he ruin a good Beatles’ song?
, she thought. Dustin looked up smiling.
“You see, Hallie?” he asked, “You are the girl in the song.” She looked at him like he was an escaped mental patient.
“Why?” Hallie asked.
“Why?” the cowboy repeated, “Because I like you!”His crush frowned and slammed her window shut. Dustin couldn’t help but smile.
“If she closes the window on you,” Choko told him before he headed out on his mission, “Don’t give up.”
“But that means she hates it,” Dustin said as he headed out her door. The woman chuckled at this little fact.
“Oh, please my niece hates everything,” she told him, “But don’t give up on her. With a little love and understanding, she’ll come around.” Remembering this made Dustin smile.
Don’t give up, he thought. The cowboy tuned up his guitar to play “Slow Country” and “I Walk the Line.”
Hey, My Summer Girl