Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 5, Chap. 29: Cross Flame ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Cross Flame
Beach Vacation Pt. 4
On a hot day with nothing to do, trouble always starts. Beaches are no exception in this case.
The crew from the apartment had nothing to do. The thrill of the beach town started to wear off. In fact, the crew wanted to go home. Choko looked around at her tenants.
This won’t do, she thought. However, the manager ran out of ways to entertain her guests. Choko frowned at her lack of options.
How do I fix this? she thought. The woman wandered out to the back of the beach house and looked around. Her eyes spotted a small disconnected hose. She raised an eyebrow at this red item.
Since when have we had that? she thought. Choko walked over and examined the hose. As she stared, an idea built up in her head. Maybe… she thought. A smile came on her face.
That just might work, Choko thought. The first thing she needed was a victim. She had to choose someone who could take a joke. The ladies wouldn’t exactly be good targets. Choko decided to go for the boys. She spotted Dustin taking a nap on the couch. The manger smirked at her first victim. She dumped cold water on the sleeping cowboy. He awoke with a loud yelp.
“What the?!?” Dustin asked as he looked around. A giggle drew his head towards the doorway. He saw a flash of yellow disappear into the hall. He looked down at his feet and noticed a light green water gun. Upon picking it up, he noticed it was filled. The cowboy looked at the toy. Dustin understood the concept in the making and dashed out into the hall.
His first target happened to be his crush leaving the kitchen. His heart pounded when he laid eyes on Hallie. He didn’t have time to react before he aimed his gun and shot her in the face.
“What the hell?!?” she yelled. Dustin’s eyes widened in shock.
“Hallie!” he yelped.
“You!” she barked. The cowboy took off running.
“Come back here!” the tomboy screamed. Dustin proved to be too fast for her as he disappeared around the corner. Hallie gritted her teeth as she snorted.
“I’m going to kill you!” she screamed. As she ran down the hall, a shiny pink object on the floor caught her eye. Hallie paused and picked it up. A puzzled look came over her when it turned out to be another water gun.
What the heck is this? she thought. The tomboy looked up when she heard a whistle outside. Curious, Hallie wandered out to the beach. The crew stood outside with water guns in their hands.
“What is this?” she asked. Her aunt looked up at her with a smile on her face.
“Oh, Hallie-chan,” Choko said. “You’re just in time. Come join us.” Her niece took closer steps puzzled.
“What’s going on here?” she asked.
“Can’t you see?” her aunt asked. “We’re going to have a water gun fight.” Hallie blinked at her.
“Wha?” she asked. Hal grinned and shot her with his gun.
“Hey!” she cried. The tomboy aimed and took a shot. However, the pool boy ducked and the water hit Reggie in the face.
“‘Ey!” he shouted. The fly boy tried to shoot at her, but his Heather in the chest.
“Hey!” she yelled.
“Whoops!” Reggie said. “My bad! Sorry, baby!”
“I’ll get you!” his girl yelled. Heather took a shot a her target and hit Jack by accident. She backed up with shot on her face.
“Come on now!” he shouted. More shots followed with waves and laughter. The boy and girl teams chased each other with their water guns.
“Come back here!” Dustin yelled.
“My hair!” Evie complained. Wong laughed and shot her again. Choko sat back and watched the fun battle unfold.
My work here is done, she thought. The woman headed into the beach house to make dinner for the water warriors when they got hungry and tired later on.
You Been a Talkin’ Now