Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 5, Chap. 30: Whipping Dog ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Whipping Dog
Day Five of Beach Trip
Hallie gritted her teeth. Evie did it again. That diva loved to make a fool out of her. This latest incident took place twice. The paint made it much worse.
This was my favorite shirt, man! That bitch is gonna pay! The crew would leave tomorrow. That didn’t give her much to work with. She grabbed onto the counter.
Okay, I have to really focus on this, she thought. She closed her eyes and tried to think. How do I really piss her off? She tried to think about what Evie really likes. Well, she likes clothes. She stood back with that train of thought.
Wait… That could work. A knock came on her bathroom door.
“Yes?” Hallie asked.
“Are you done in there?” Heather asked.
“Oh,” the tomboy said. “Yeah.” She looked up as Heather opened the door.
“Are you okay in there?” she asked. Hallie took one good look in her eyes.
“Perfect,” she muttered. “Perfect.” Heather raised an eyebrow at her.
“What?” she asked. Hallie rushed forward and grabbed her by the shoulders.
“You’ll do just perfectly!” she exclaimed.
“Huh?!” the younger girl asked. Hallie gave her a devilish grin.
“Come with me, dear,” she said. The tomboy dragged the poor girl along before she could protest.
-----
“So what are we doing again?” Heather asked as they kept across the hall. Hallie looked around.
“We’re on a little mission,” she explained.
“What mission?” Heather asked. The other girl whipped around to her.
“Don’t ask questions,” she hissed. “Come on.” They dashed across the hall. Heather clenched her teeth.
“Please tell me what we’re doing,” she said. They came down to Evie’s room. Hallie tried to open the door.
“Damn it, it’s locked,” she muttered. Hallie turned around, smiling.
“Oh, Heather, dear!” she said. The other girl gave her a strange look.
“What?” she asked. Hallie grabbed her shoulders, smiling.
“I really need your help,” she said. Heather quickly shook her head.
“No way!” she blurted out.
“Please?”
“No.”
Hallie frowned. “But why not?”
“It’s wrong!” Heather shouted. Hallie met a puzzled face at her.
“So?” she asked. The younger girl folded her arms across her chest.
“I refuse,” she said. “I refuse to be an accomplice!”
“But it’s for a good cause,” the tomboy insisted.
“What cause?”
Hallie gave her a desperate look. “Evie.”
Heather blinked at her. “What about her?” The tomboy grabbed her by the shoulders.
“She’s the devil!” she exclaimed. “I can’t take the crap she puts me through!”
“What crap?”
“She’s just evil, man!”
“So?”
Hallie’s face flared red. “So? So?! I have to get back at that bitch and I need your help to do it.”
“No!” Heather snapped. Hallie snorted and let go of her shoulders.
“Fine,” she grumbled. “I’ll do it myself!” Hallie marched down the hall past Heather. She glanced over her shoulder at her.
“Mutter a single word and I will end you!” she hissed. Heather nodded with a gulp. Okay, that plan bust. Hallie wasn’t giving up yet. The night just began anyway. She needed to make this as quickly as possible.
Most of the residents went to the beach or on the town. Choko already went to bed. Hallie had ten minutes to execute her plan. She eyed the darkened kitchen. The spare keys hung on the other side of the room near the back door. Hallie drew in a breath and counted down.
Three… Two… Hallie crouched down into a running position.
One! She dashed across the kitchen on her tip toes. In one swoop, she grabbed all of the keys. Hallie glanced out the back door. To her horror, Sadao walked back to the house. Hallie’s eyes widened in alarm. Oh shit! Hallie grabbed the kitchen scissors from the drawer and took off running down the hall. Her shin caught the corner of the coffee table in the living room.
“Ow!” she howled. “Damn it!” She clutched the keys and scissors in her fist and kept booking it in pain in the hallway. She didn’t stop until she reached Evie’s door. Hallie felt like laughing as she panted.
I made it! I made it! I fucking made it! Hallie cleared her throat. No time to celebrate; Hallie had work to do. After five keys, she found the right one. The perfume inside made her reel back.
“My eyes are burning,” she complained. Hallie took in heavy breaths before changing to the closet. The rest of the plan took about twenty minutes before she returned to her bed. I can’t wait for her reaction.
------
The next morning, everyone awoke to a girl screaming.
“What the hell happened to my clothes?!” Evie screamed. Hallie laid in bed, grinning.
“Ha-ha, bitch!” she muttered to herself. She held her pillow to her chest.
Get Your Damn Hands Up