Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 7, Chap. 39: Hey Jealousy ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey Jealousy

Dustin knocked on Hallie's door. He grinned like a monkey, chuckling to himself. She's going to love this! The cowboy cleared his throat when the door opened. Hallie gave him an odd look.

“Hi!” Dustin cheered. She raised an eyebrow at him.

“What?” she asked. The cowboy grinned as he held out his driver's license.

“Behold!” he said. Hallie's eyes lit up.

“You got your license?” she asked.

“Yep!” he cheered. “Want to go for a drive?”

“You won't give up until I say yes, right?” she asked. Dustin grinned as he shook his head. Hallie dropped her shoulders.

“Fine,” she said. Dustin jumped up, cheering.

“Yay!” he shouted. Hallie shook her head. You… He was lucky that she could stand him.

----------

“Check it out!” Dustin bragged in the parking lot. Hallie walked over to the smooth-looking red car. She raised an eyebrow at the car door.

“Where did you get this?” she asked.

“It's your aunt's,” he said.

“Oh,” she said. Dustin got into the driver's side of the car.

“Hop in,” he said. He unlocked the car door for her. Hallie climbed in.

“So where are we going?” she asked. The cowboy gave her a shrug.

“We're just driving,” he said. Dustin started up the car and pulled out of the parking lot. The breeze blew through Hallie's short red hair.

“Nice, huh?” Dustin asked.

“Uh-huh,” Hallie replied.

“I miss us like this.”

Hallie turned to hime, puzzled. “Huh?”

“You and us. Together again, alone.”

“Oh.” She looked out the window. “I don't understand you.”

Dustin rounded the corner. “What do you mean?”

She turned to face him. “Why do you like me?”

The cowboy shrugged at the wheel. “I just do.”

“But why, though?”

They pulled up to a stoplight. Dustin looked over at her.

“Does there have to be a reason?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said.

“Fine,” the cowboy said. The light changed green and pulled away.

“You are brutally honest,” Dustin admitted. “Almost to the point it hurts.” They passed a Chinese restaurant.

“You're a tough girl,” Dustin said. “You aren't afraid to be yourself.” His words caught her attention.

“Is that right?” she asked.

“I wouldn't lie to you,” Dustin said. “You are so much better than me.”

“Whatever.”

“I really mean it!”

“Okay. Why else do you like me?”

The cowboy held her hand. “I just like you for you.”

Hallie gave him a curious look. “You serious?” The pair drove further into the city. Dustin gave her a little pout.

“Why would I lie?” he asked. She gave him a blank stare.

“You're a man?” the tomboy asked.

“So?”

Hallie shook her head. “Whatever.” They pulled up to another spotlight.

“I really like you, Hallie,” Dustin told her once again.

“Yeah, yeah,” she brushed off. They drove off when the light turned green.

--------

Back at the apartment, a girl with long blonde hair walked up to the glass doors and went into the lobby. She brought with her another sea of trouble.

Get Your Damn Hands Up