Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Ai no Natsu ❯ Vol. 7, Chap. 40: Ex Triangle ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ex Triangle

She looked like an angel. The breeze blew past her long white dress. The boys watched from the Chill Room. Who was this young beauty? She dragged her parasol behind as she walked up to the front desk.

“Excuse me?” she asked. “Is anyone here?” The girl rang the bell on the desk. Choko hurried to the lobby.

“Coming!” she said aloud. The middle-aged woman grabbed the counter as she came to a stop. Choko got a good look at the girl in white. Wow! She looks cute! Choko cleared her throat.

“Can I help you?” she asked. The girl in white glanced up at her.

“Oh,” she said. “Does Dustin live here?”

“Of course,” the manager answered. “May I ask who you are?”

“Oh, just an old friend visiting.”

Choko reached over and handed her a blank visitor's form. “Please fill this out.”

“Thank you, miss,” the girl in white replied. As she began writing, Choko played the guessing game in her head. I wonder who she is, she thought. She looked too pretty to be just a cousin. Choko couldn't see the storm brewing with this girl in the eye.

---------

Three hours later, Hallie and Dustin pulled up into the parking lot. The tomboy broke into laughter.

“That was actually fun,” she said. “Thanks, Dustin.”

“You're welcome,” he said.

“Can we do that again soon?”

“Sure. What sure we do now?”

“Eat!”

The cowboy gave her a strange look. “Eat?”

“Yes.”

Dustin sat back, smiling. “Heh.”

“What?”

“Nothing, nothing.”

Hallie play-punched him on the arm. Dustin winced in pain.

“Oh come on,” she said. “I didn't hit you that hard.” Dustin gave her a pain-filled smile. Hallie stepped out of the car.

“Come on, you wussy!” she said. Dustin followed her to up to the apartment.

“I want a burger, fries, cherry cola, and…” Hallie listed off. Dustin waved his hands in the air.

“Whoa! Whoa!” he cut in. “I don't have that much money.” She laughed as she pushed open the glass doors.

“Money?” she asked. “Oh, please! We're cooking lunch today.” Dustin gave her a strange look.

“What?” he asked.

“We're. Making. Lunch. Today. Is that a problem?”

Dustin shook his head. “No… It's just…”

She raised an eyebrow at him. “Just?”

“You don't really cook.”

She smacked him on the back. “Of course I do! I had to learn, you know!”

“Ow,” Dustin murmured.

“Come on, let's get to it!” his crush said. She led him into the apartment. However, cooking would have to wait once they laid eyes on the girl in white sitting on the couch waiting in the lobby. She looked up when she footsteps.

“Dustin?” the girl asked. The cowboy froze with a pale face.

“Serena?” he asked.

Heaven's Drunk from the Poison You Use