Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Angel's Gift ❯ Chapter 9

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Angel's Gift Part Nine

Allison ventured out into the shop to check out the situation for herself. Marilyn and Roma stood by the shelves working together to put away part of the latest shipment of new books. She felt thankful that Marilyn had changed out of her Galactic Patrol uniform into more casual clothes, but that still left Roma in all of her metallic glory.

The silvery robot seemed to sense Allison's gaze on her. Roma turned to look at her, asking mildly, "Is something wrong?"

"Hasn't anyone said anything about your being a robot?" Allison managed weakly.

From behind her she heard Kat's amused voice say, "Well, we've had a few people ask what movie she's the promotion for, but other than that, no."

"Humanoid robots are unusual here?" Jenna asked Kat curiously.

"Somewhat," was Kat's deadpan answer.

"I didn't realize my appearance would be a problem," Roma noted, "but it's quite easily remedied." She closed her golden eyes, "Holographic disguise mode, engage."

"Oh, neat," Marilyn clapped her hands happily.

"Did we have to hire her too?" Allison asked Kat softly.

"They sort of come as a set," Kat said with a smirk.

Allison wondered what was so funny about that, then winced when she finally got the joke. "Pervert," she murmured to Kat, who just chuckled wickedly.

Shining bits of light danced all around Roma's form, seemingly solidifying suddenly into the illusion of flesh and blood. Short red-gold hair fell into golden eyes, cheeks rosy and her body looking like it was bursting with health. A body, because Allison's luck just seemed to be running that way of late, that was also entirely naked.

"Oh, goddess," Allison blurted out, turning away from Roma quickly.

"Are you converting?" Kat asked while keeping an admiring eye on Roma.

"Oh, shut up," Allison groaned.

"What's wrong now?" Roma asked, sounding just a bit cross.

"I believe it's the custom of this world to cover up nudity," Jenna offered cheerfully, "probably due to their inability to control their environment."

"Oh. I'm sorry, but I can not produce clothing holographically," Roma said apologetically.

"Not that I mind the view," Kat smiled at her, "but you'll shock the customers like that. I'll go see if I can find you something to wear." The tall young woman rummaged around the bathroom that she and Allison changed clothes in for a few moments, and came out again bearing an oversized T- shirt, "Sorry, this'll have to do."

Roma slid it on, and it came down just to the top of her milky thighs. "Is this sufficient coverage?" she asked, looking up at Kat.

"Just barely," Kat smiled back at her. Noticing that Allison still had her back turned she said a little louder, "She's decent."

"Good," Allison sighed before looking back at Kat and the others.

"You know m'love," Jenna said softly as she stepped up beside Allison, "I think I was wearing more than that last night." She looked thoughtful, "Though it was mostly transparent."

Kat raised her eyebrows at her boss upon hearing that, while Allison blushed furiously.

"Shall I finish putting these books away?" Roma asked as she was about to step up on a ladder, her T-shirt already beginning to ride up.

"Why don't we go get you something a bit more substantial to wear, first?" a smiling Kat quickly suggested.

"Jenna and I'll stay to watch the shop while you get her some pants or something," Allison quickly volunteered.

"Panties, too," Marilyn said cheerfully.

They could hear Roma asking the others curiously, "What are panties?" as the three women headed outside together.

Allison walked over to her desk and sat down on the corner, laughing. "Having them work here is going to make things interesting, at least," she chuckled.

"Indeed," Jenna agreed as she walked over to pick up a hardcover book. "These are a primitive form of information storage, correct?" she asked.

Allison blinked a few times, the nodded. "You could call them that, yeah," she smiled. "We call them books, and in our culture there is a certain... romanticism about them. They're already out-dated, but we hold a fondness for them," Allison finished.

"I understand," Jenna held the book carefully, "on my home world we have similar things, tomes of knowledge and fables dating back many years."

"These probably aren't that old," Allison noted they were holding the latest David Weber novel, "but you're basically right." She felt a odd sense of relief at how reverently Jenna treated the books. She had broken up with boyfriends before over their attitudes to her books, she wouldn't have wanted to loose Jenna that way.

"So many books," Jenna slid the one in her hands back into it's place. She looked over at Allison curiously, "Have you read them all?"

"Most of them," Allison admitted with a slight smile, "but not all." She looked around her, and realized that she hadn't been reading as much lately. Ever since Jenna had arrived, her life had been much more exciting than her books were. She reached out and stroked the binding of one of the older science fiction novels, remembering reading it as a little girl.

Jenna sat her hand over Allison's pressing down gently. "There's always new books aren't there," she murmured, "always more to read?" A gentle smile, "I think I may envy you that."

"I've hidden behind my books a lot," Allison admitted. She smiled back at Jenna, "I don't seem to be able to do that around you."

Jenna laughed softly, "I'm glad."

They talked about books for a little while longer before the front bell rang. "Yes?" Allison walked towards the shop's front door, Jenna close behind.

"Mission accomplished," Kat smiled.

Roma walked in behind her, followed by Marilyn. The robot was dressed in a stylish blouse and long skirt, comfortable shoes on her feet. "What do you think?" Roma asked.

"You look fine," Jenna smiled.

"And she's even wearing panties," Marilyn informed them all unnecessarily.

"Yes, they're quite comfortable," Roma lifted her skirts.

'Pink,' Allison noted before quickly looking away.

"You're not supposed to show them to people," Kat quickly got her skirt down again.

"The why am I wearing them?" Roma asked curiously.

Kat sighed softly.