Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Angel's Gift ❯ Chapter 34

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Angel’s Gift Thirty-two

Swiftly Allison Tennison pulled on her uniform coat, the sandy brown haired woman cutting quite a dashing figure as she hurried from the landing pad to the Palace on Throneworld. Amara and Kat hurried to keep up, the three cutting across the nearly deserted field.

“So, another planning meeting?” Kat asked curiously, her brown braid bouncing against her back as she hurried to keep up with her best friend.

“Yeah,” Allison nodded, “thankfully we’re just about done.”

“You hope,” Amara smirked. The black haired woman was a slim, boyish figure in her uniform, almost looking like some kind of pirate with her rakish good looks.

“Did you and Roma find some time to be alone together?” Allison’s voice was teasing as she looked at Kat.

Kat blushed charmingly, remembering the few hours she had been able to snatch to be with her android lover. “We managed, yeah,” she nodded as they passed the first of many security checks into the palace.

“Nice blush,” Amara drawled.

“And what’s this I hear about you and Laurel D'ken having meals together in the Sword’s cafeteria?” Kat shot back quickly.

“She’s nice,” Amara flashed a grin.

“No fighting you two,” Allison fought back a chuckle as they passed a guard, the main hall looming up ahead of them.

“Welcome, Captain Tennison,” X’tahn smiled her greeting, the white furred catgirl waiting by the main doors. While officially the Queen’s maid she was in fact a trusted companion and friend, almost a second mother to Jenna.

“It’s good to see you again, ma’am,” Allison agreed. She looked curious and asked, “Where’s Milly?”
X’tahn looked faintly amused, “I believe she took a shuttle up to the Liberty’s Sword to visit Sharin.”

“Well, well,” Kat chuckled, “isn’t that cute?”

“That explains all the pouncing,” Amara agreed.

“I get the feeling I’m missing something,” Allison sighed as the massive doors swung open soundlessly.

“Pouncing,” X’tahn’s eyes danced with silent laughter, “is one of our peoples first courting rituals, Allison.”

“Milly and Sharin?” Allison blinked, then smiled slightly as she recalled how close the two women were.

“Allison!” The flying hug sent the two women crashing to the floor, Jenna snuggling close to the other woman as she purred, “I missed you!”

“I missed you too, love,” Allison laughed as she wrapped her arms around her curvaceous lover and held her close.

“Nice to see the love hasn’t gone out of their relationship,” Kat quipped cheerfully as Allison and Jenna kissed.

“If that’s what she’s like after they’ve been parted a few weeks, imagine what’ll happen if they part for a few months,” Amara noted with amusement.

“Don’t even say that,” Jenna sighed as she pulled back a bit, sitting in Allison’s lap on the floor. “I thought I’d go mad as it was.”

“I’m sorry,” Allison kissed her again, lingeringly, then both rose to their feet.

Jenna cuddled close to her as she said, “I understand the demands of duty, m’love, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.”

“Princess, your mother is waiting,” X’tahn said with carefully hidden amusement.

“Come on, then,” Jenna laughed as she lead them onward through the massive chamber toward the throne room itself.

“How are the preparations for the wedding going?” Amara asked curiously.

“It’s still growing uncontrollably,” Jenna rolled her eyes as she laughed, “or we’d have had the thing by now.”

“That’s a bit of an exaggeration,” X’tahn paused, “but not by much.”

“And how big of a part do we have in it?” Kat asked them just a bit nervously.

“The groom,” X’tahn nodded to Allison, “will need a honor guard.. I assume you’ll both be willing to help?”

“Of course,” Amara answered promptly, Kat nodding agreement.

“Thank you,” Allison smiled, “I may need someone to stand me up if I faint.”

“We’ll be ready,” Kat clapped her on the shoulder.

Another arch lead them through to the main throne room itself, where X’tahn bowed gracefully, “M’lady, they’re here.”

Queen Jen'ai looked up from documents she was studying, her face lighting up in a gentle smile of greeting. “Welcome home,” she said then grinned, “and congratulations on your defense of Showalter, Captain.”

“Ma’am,” Allison blushed as she looked down.

Jen'ai chuckled softly, “Your modesty becomes you, but don’t forget to acknowledge your accomplishments.”

“We’ve been following your exploits eagerly,” X’tahn added, “and a few of the enemy communications on you, too.”

“You can tap enemy communication?” Allison asked, eyes narrowing as she considered the possibilities,

“And what are they saying about us?” Amara asked with a rakish grin.

Jenna laughed softly at that. “Most of it’s uncomplimentary,” she revealed, “that damn maverick being the mildest.” Her voice turned scolding, “I swear we learned more about the battle from them rather than your reports.”

“I thought they were good reports,” Allison protested.

:If you like dry reading, yes,” Jen'ai laughed.

To be continued...