Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Angel's Gift ❯ Chapter 35

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Angel’s Gift Thirty Three

Standing before the ceremonial altar Allison Tennison gulped, glad the anti-nausea medication that she had taken had finally kicked in. The bachelor party that Kat had helped organize for her last night had involved a lot of tall tales mixed with a lot of booze, enough that the sandy haired young woman was still feeling the after effects this morning.

“That green shade of your face goes so well with your uniform,” Kat teased, her long brown braid hanging elegantly down her back.

“I don’t look that bad,” Allison protested softly.

“Don’t tease,” Amara drawled, the former bounty hunter standing calmly at attention with the rest of the honor guard.

“Indeed,” Queen Jen’ai smiled, the regal black haired woman sitting on a throne in front of them, dressed in the vestments of the warrior goddess as suited her role in heading up the marriage ceremony.

The grand hall had been redecorated for the wedding, the more military style banners replaced with the blues and golds that were traditional in this culture’s wedding ceremonies. The Empire believed in twin war gods, male and female, and that they watched over the newlyweds in their guise of guardians, too. The scent of alien flowers filled the air as row upon row of royal guests waited, along with a few familiar faces to Allison and friends.

“Thank you for doing this, ma’am,” Allison said softly.

“I’m honored,” Jen’ai answered. A faint smile, “And I think I’m the only person with enough authority to marry off my willful daughter, anyway.”

Sharin chuckled, “Too true.”

Eyes glittering with amusement Kat asked, “I wonder what your mom will think when you come home with your bride?”

“I’m hoping she takes it well,” Allison sighed wryly, imagining her rather conservative mother’s likely reaction.

“And why won’t she?” Sharin asked, the gorgeous blonde decked out in full Questor gear, including revealing bodysuit and glittering segments of armor. “You’re marrying into royalty, I think she’d be impressed.”

“It’s the whole marrying a woman thing,” Allison said dryly.

“Ah, you have one of those cultures,” Sharin nodded wisely. “If it helps, we could just skip over the alien princess part, then.”

“Heh,” Allison smiled faintly.

“So,” Amara raised a eyebrow, “have you and Milly...?”

Sharin actually blushed.

“Oh ho,” Allison grinned, having heard from Jenna about the catgirl Milly’s romantic intentions. “What happened?”

“Milly decided that just pouncing on me wasn’t getting her point across,” Sharin admitted, “so she pounced on me in the bedroom instead.” A pause, “While nude.”

“That would certainly clarify things,” Amara acknowledged. She saw a friendly face watching from the front rows and waved slightly.

Commander Laurel D’ken smiled back, the blue haired officer nodding warmly. “Ma’am,” a nervous voice came from nearby, “I can barely believe we’re here.”

“Allison’s family and friends mostly couldn’t attend, Sam,” Laurel smiled at her fellow officer, “besides, I think Allison gets along with us well enough to consider us friends.”

“Maybe,” Lieutenant Sam C’tarn acknowledged, bald head gleaming as much as the decorations on his uniform, “but in my wildest dreams I never expected to be up among the nobility like this.”

“They all put their clothes on one limb at a time,” Roma noted, the silvery skinned android sitting with Marilyn. Both officers wore their distinctive Galactic Patrol uniforms, this time with all their commendations and awards added to their tunics.

“This is SO cool,” Marilyn nearly squealed, her formerly blue hair now transformed to a shocking pink.

“What happened to....?” Lieutenant Alex Keron asked, the black haired young man nodding towards the changed young woman.

“Her race’s plumage changes when they go into mating season,” Ensign Kayla Shen answered calmly, her own pink hair in a more orderly style.

“Seriously?” Alex’s eyes widened.

“No, I think it was a dying accident,” Kayla conceded.

“Don’t tease the poor boy,” Chief Engineer Lucas Anias said dryly, the golden skinned Magi looking amused, “he’s already run afoul of Marilyn.”

Alex blushed under the other’s gazes. “She’s a little more aggressive,” he admitted, “than the females of my home world.”

“Nothing wrong with being forward,” Laurel drawled, remembering with a smile her first encounter with Amara.

“It’s time,” Sharin warned as firmly made sure Allison was in her place, “I can feel the energy flux starting.”

It began with a shimmer in the air, then a swarm of glittering diamonds of light blazed to life even as she appeared, descending much as the old stories said the goddess had done. As the slip transit effect faded Allison caught her breath, stunned by her beauty.

Jenna looked like a goddess, her black hair flowing over her shimmering red gown, her eyes warm with tenderness as she took her place beside Allison. “You look stunned,” she whispered, clearly pleased by her reaction.

“You’re incredible,” Allison said honestly, “stunning, even.”

“Ahem,” Jen’ai cleared her throat, smiling slightly.

“Sorry, mother,” Jenna smiled.

Taking on a formal tone Jen’ai unrolled a scroll and began to read. The tale was of a goddess fallen from glory, rescued by a mortal born who sacrificed himself to restore her to glory. “As these partners battled side by side,” Jen’ai addressed the crowd, “so to do we hope that married partners can too.”

Music welled up behind her as Jen’ai continued, “Jenna and Allison have faced difficulties coming here, and in accepting their love for one another. They have been tested in the crucible of combat, and have not been found wanting.”

“Here it comes,” Amara warned Allison softly.

“Allison Tennison of the house Tennison of Earth,” Jen’ai addressed her, “do you pledge your heart and life, your honor and soul to the Princess Jenna of the Royal House?”

“I so pledge,” Allison answered firmly.

“Princess Jenna of the Royal House,” Jen’ai turned to her, “do you pledge your heart and soul, honor and life to this woman, your beloved?”

“All that and more,” Jenna said firmly.

“With the blessings of the Pantheon of Twelve I say,” Jen’ai declared loudly, “that you are recognized as a mated pair and shall never be sundered even unto death.”

“Cheery,” Kat noted softly.

“Tradition,” Sharin shrugged.

“You may kiss the bride,” Jen’ai smiled, “is I believe the Earth custom?”

“Please,” Jenna purred, moving into the circle of Allison’s arms.

“I love you,” Allison murmured before kissing her soulfully.

To be continued....