Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Two, Chapter Thirteen: Tenshi ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tenshi
Wednesday.
It all started with a flyer. Kagome had to back up and look again.
“Art Competition in Kyoto?” she read. Her heart did many little flips in her chest. No way!, she thought. Her interest kept her reading.
“September twenty-fourth?” she asked. “80,000¥?” Kagome’s face dropped. I don’t even have the money!, she thought. Suddenly, someone put their arm around her shoulder. Kagome looked up to see Ryo standing next to her. Her mood perked up at the sight of him.
“Ryo-kun,” she said. He looked at the poster in front of them.
“Art contest, huh?” the boy asked. “Are you entering?” Kagome looked at him out of the corner of her eye.
“What?” she asked. Ryo shrugged his shoulders at her.
“Why not?” he asked. Kagome looked away some.
“No money,” she said.
“So?”
“Look at the price.”
“Hm?” Ryo read over the flyer closely. He raised an eyebrow at the price.
“80,000¥?” he asked. Kagome nodded.
“I don’t have the money,” she said.
“Can’t you ask Michiko?” Ryo asked. His girlfriend eyed him.
“What?!?” she asked.
“You want to enter the contest, right?”
“Well… yeah…”
“So, get the money to enter.”
Kagome frowned. “I have two weeks before the deadline. I don’t know what to send in. I need money and a ride to get there. I can’t. I just can’t.”
“Ryo-kun?” she asked. Then, the bell rang. Her boy patted her on the back.
“We’ll talk after class,” he said. “But right now, just think on it.” Kagome drew her mouth closed. All she could do was nod. Ryo kissed her on the forehead.
“See you at lunch,” he murmured.
“Okay,” Kagome said. The couple departed for homeroom.
Throughout her first class, the contest wouldn’t leave her mind. Kagome looked through her sketchbook and frowned.
No good, she thought. No good. I can’t enter any of these. She sighed to herself.
Looks like I’ll have to come up with something new, she thought. But, what could she draw? It couldn’t be something sweet and cutesy. Girls her age always did that. Her work had to stand out to the judges. The entry had to come from the heart. She closed her eyes for a moment at her desk to dig for inspiration.
Ryo. Her heart always danced every time he entered her mind. She wanted to hold him within her as long as she could. He always supported her. He would never leave her behind when she was in her deepest moment of need. Ryo would be the first to lend his hand to pick her back up. Ryo. He had always been there for her.
Suddenly, Kagome opened her eyes.
“I’ve got it,” she said to herself. She drew out her phone and made a quick text before her second class. Kagome sat back with a smile on her face.
Yes, this will work!, she thought. It has to!
Love and Art