Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Two, Chapter Twelve: During the Rain ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
During the Rain
Monday.
School ended for the afternoon. Kagome looked around and frowned. The weatherman didn’t say anything about a downpour. Not a light rain. Downpour enough to drown the world.
“Oh no!” Kagome wailed. “I didn’t even bring an umbrella today! What will I do?” Couldn’t call mom; she was at work. Can’t call Hideki either; he’s working too. Kagome bit her lower lip.
Oh, she thought. This is bad. Really bad. Suddenly, she felt her head sheltered over. Kagome glanced over her head to see a deep grey umbrella over her head. She looked beside her to Ryo standing next to her with a little smile on his face.
“You look stuck,” he said. His girl lowered her head, blushing.
“It’s really embarrassing,” she admitted.
“That’s okay,” he said. “We get to share an umbrella together.” She looked up at him with dreamy eyes. Her joy kept her from speaking.
“Shall we go?” Ryo asked. Kagome nodded. He gently took her hand and led her home with him.
Kagome turned to her boyfriend on the road. “Where do you see yourself in ten years?”
Ryo took a moment to think about that. “Hm… married to you first of all.”
“Then?”
“Maybe become an artist. Why?”
Kagome shrugged at him. “Just curious.”
“Ah.” Then, Ryo turned to her. “What about you?”
His girlfriend blinked. “Hm?”
“Where do you see yourself in ten years?”
“Let’s see… living in Tokyo.”
“Tokyo? Why there?”
“I always liked the city.” She noticed him snickering at her and frowned. She folded her arms across her chest. “Well, where do you want to live?”
Ryo gave her a little smile. “I prefer the country.”
“The country?”
“Yeah. Perfect place for quiet, getting away from it all, raising a family…”
“A family?”
Ryo nodded. “Yep.”
“So you want kids too?”
“Yes!” He paused. “Do you?”
“Will we even have the money or the means to do so?”
“We’ll find a way.”
Kagome shook her head. “It’s not easy.”
Her boyfriend turned to her. “Kagome…” he said. She took his hand.
“I don’t want to stay home,” she said. “I want to get out in the world and grow with my art.”
“Kagome…”
“I love you; I really do. But children?” She shook her head.
“I couldn’t balance that and my artwork!”
She noticed him smiling at her. “What?”
Ryo patted her on the back. “Aww, don’t be like that. You’d make a great mother.”
Kagome shook her head. “No, I won’t. I’m just not the type.”
“Come here,” Ryo whispered. He hugged her to his chest. Kagome blinked confused.
“Ryo-kun?” she asked. He glanced down at her.
“You’ll do fine,” the boy said. “Do your dream and I’ll handle everything else, okay?” Kagome rested her cheek to his chest. The warmth took over her face with a playful red.
Ryo-kun…, she thought as her heart did barrel rolls in her chest.
Love is a Sweet Rose