Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Three, Chapter Eighteen: I'm Not Stealing Your Boyfriend ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I’m Not Stealing Your Boyfriend
-Michiko-
Things look good for Hideki and I. Something could actually happen between us. It’s just… There never is a right time.
That was until today.
That morning, I planned to ask Hideki out to dinner and some sort of movie of his choice. I even had the words in my head. I just needed to wait. Sadly, time turned against me.
I made it to the office and what did I see? My beloved Hideki with some other woman at his desk. Usually, that’s not an issue. Today’s a problem. This woman looked like a typical American fantasy: long blonde hair, long legs, acting all innocent. I sneered at her boobs trying to fall out of her top. I cleared my throat loudly. Both the hussy and Hideki looked up. I forced myself to put on my best smile.
“Good morning!” I said in my best cheerful voice possible. Both kind of waved at me.
“Good morning!” the blonde hussy said.
“Hi,” Hideki said uneasily. “Uh… are you okay?”
“Of course!” I lied. “Who is this?” Hideki looked at the other woman.
“Oh, this is Ashley Cary,” he said. “She’s our new team member.” I froze at his words.
“What?” I asked. He gave me a puzzled look.
“Weren’t you at the meeting last week?” he asked. My memory came back with that question. My face dropped afterwards.
“Oh,” I mumbled. Ashley moved forward, smiling.
“Nice to meet you,” she said as she stuck out her hand to me. I stared at with alert. I reluctantly shook her hand.
“Yes,” I lied.
“Let’s be friends!” she said. I nodded as I forced myself to grin.
“Of course,” I lied. “Let’s be friends.” I don’t trust you, bitch!
I kept my eyes on Ashley for most of the morning. I just met her and I already hate her! She’s getting too close to my Hideki. Her cleavage is too close to his arm when he shows her what to do on the computer. I think she’s more focused on him than that screen there! I really don’t like this.
Look at her! I bet she’s plotting her next move. I won’t let her have him! I won’t!
I took a long breath. I’m too old to be thinking like this. Yet, there has to be something done about Ashley. I’ll just talk to her. Don’t accuse her of anything; just talk. I glanced over at Hideki and Ashley. The way she flirts with him makes me want to vomit. Get away from him, slut!
Suddenly, Hideki stood up. I watched as he did so. He stretched his arms for a moment.
“Ah!” he said. “I’m going to take a break.” Hideki turned his attention to us.
“Do you guys want anything?” he asked.
“No,” I said. Ashley thought about that for a moment. She shook her head.
“No,” she said at last. I frowned at her. Hideki shrugged.
“Okay,” he said. Then, he walked out of office and went out into the hall. I’m left alone with the hussy.
Now’s my chance.
“Ashley,” I spoke up from my desk. She turned and looked at me.
“Yes?” she asked. I wouldn’t back down.
“Tell me what you think about Hideki-san,” I said. “Be honest.” She took a moment to think about it. A smile came on her face.
“Well, he’s sweet, funny, good with his hands, and really handsome,” she said. That hussy paused for a moment. Is he single?” Ashley asked.
“No,” I half-lied. “In fact, I’m his girlfriend.”
“Oh,” she said as the light died from his face. “That’s too bad.” She returned her attention back to her computer. I narrowed my eyes at her. I’m watching you, bitch!
Cat Claws