Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Four, Chapter Twenty-Five: Bitter Bud ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bitter Bud
-Kagome-
Here she is again. I just can’t stand her. I did my best to stay proper as I watched Chelsea flirt with my Ryo-kun. I will not be nasty about it, however. I don’t want to do this, but maybe I should befriend Ashley. I feel that it’ll help out tremendously. Here I so.
I cleared my throat. Ryo-kun and Chelsea glanced up at me.
“Is something wrong, Kagome-chan?” Ryo-kun asked. I gathered myself up with grace.
“Chelsea,” I said, “Can I speak with you for a moment.” She blinked at me rather puzzled.
“Sure,” she said, “What is it?”
“In private,” I pressed.
“Oh!” she said, “I see!”
“Now,” I pressed. Chelsea gave me a puzzled look.
“Now?” she asked.
“Yes, now!” I pressed.
“Alright,” Chelsea said, “Alright.” I turned and walked down the hall. I listened for footsteps behind me. I glanced over my shoulder to see her following me. I can do this.
We made it out to the school garden. I froze in my tracks.
“Kagome?” I heard Chelsea asked. Here it is; time to spit it out. I fully turned around to face her.
“Let’s be friend,” I admitted. She blinked at my words.
“Okay…” she said, “You serious?”
“Yes,” I said rather dryly, “I want to be your friend.” I already regretted the offer. Chelsea looked she wanted fly high into the sky.
“Really? You mean?” she asked rather excited.
“Yes!” I replied. I had no idea that she could squeal so loud. I could’ve sworn a couple of classmates were staring at us. Chelsea rushed forward and hugged me like a rag doll. I felt my skin crawl.
“Sweet!” she cheered, “Let’s be best friends.”
“Right…” she mumbled as I tried not to vomit. I want to take it all back, but I can’t. I will stick it out for Ryo-kun’s and my sake. I can do this. My eyes darted around the garden.
“Uh… Chelsea…” I spoke up.
“Yeah?” she asked as she glanced up at me.
“Let go,” I said. It took her a second to realize what I was saying.
“Oh, sorry,” Chelsea said as she let me go.
“Thank you,” I said. As we headed back into the building as the bell rang, I could’ve sworn I saw Setsuna standing at the window glaring at me.
Ice Rivals