Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Five, Chapter Thirty: Lonely Dove ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Lonely Dove
-Seiho-
I have a confession to make. I have a crush on somebody at my school.
I’ve known Setsuna for years. We’ve lived in the same neighborhood since we were kids. However, I never worked up the nerve to talk to her. Setsuna isn’t a girly-girl. As far back as I remember, she was a tomboy. She even played soccer with us on Saturdays. I have seen Setsuna cry. Ryo used to be a big crybaby when we were kids. Not Setsuna, though. I’ve never seen her shed a single tear.
Setsuna’s an odd girl to me. She’s actually not that cute. To tell you the truth, Setsuna’s quite bitchy. She scares me and Ryo. Yet, that’s part of this weird charm she has. She’s not afraid to speak her mind. I admire how she’s not above doing the right thing. Strangely, I get a feeling of delight when she tries to get me to back her up. (Sometimes I don’t agree with her, but I don’t dare say it out loud.)
Setsuna is a rather complex girl.
“Hey Ryo,” I spoke up during gym. “How do you know when you love a girl?” My good friend looked up at me.
“Hm?” he asked.
“You know,” I said, shrugging. “How did you know when you loved Kagome?” Ryo chuckled at such a question.
“I just knew,” he answered. He turned his body towards me. “Why do you ask?” Ryo asked. “Who’s the lucky lady?” I looked down at my hands as I felt my cheeks get hot.
“Let’s get to that later,” I said. “How do you know when you’re in love?”
“Well,” he said. “Does your heart race when you see them?” Setsuna’s face entered my mind.
“Yes,” I said, nodding.
“Do you feel warm in the chest?” Ryo asked.
“Yes,” I said.
“Do you think about her all the time?” he asked. My cheeks felt hotter at that question as I nodded. Ryo laughed as he sat back.
“Then, you are in love,” he summed up. I looked at him with big eyes.
“I guess… I am,” I said. Ryo looked at me with a grin on his face. I blinked at him with a blank face.
“What?” I asked.
“Aren’t you going to tell me who the lucky lady is?” he asked. I looked at him with big eyes.
“What?” I asked.
“Come on,” he pressed. “Talk to me, tell me.” I lowered my head and murmured my answer.
“I’m sorry, what did you say?” Ryo asked. I lifted my head with my face so red.
“Setsuna!” I shouted. “I love Setsuna! I’m in love with Setsuna.” I noticed him trying not to laugh at me. I gritted my teeth.
“Shut up!” I snapped. “You wouldn’t understand.” He chuckled, smirking. Ryo patted me on the shoulder with a smile.
“Actually, my friend,” he said. “You would be surprised at how much I know.” I blinked at him blankly.
“So, how do I tell her how I feel?” I asked.
“Leave that to me,” he said, winking. I should’ve taken that as a hint.
One-Sided Love