Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Five, Chapter Thirty-Four: Seiho and Setsuna's Date ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Seiho and Setsuna's Date

Friday, 3:00 p.m.

Setsuna waited outside her apartment. She looked at her cell phone. He's late! Setsuna gritted her teeth. He better not stand me up!

“Hey!” she heard someone shout. “Setsuna-san!” The girl looked up to see Seiho racing towards her. He stopped to catch his breath.

“Sorry I'm late,” he said. “Here.” Seiho handed her a bouquet of flowers.

“For me?” Setsuna asked.

“Yeah,” he said. “I didn't know which one was your favorite, so I got one of each.” Setsuna took the flowers with a blank look on her face.

“Thank you,” she said.

“So, where should we go?” he asked. Setsuna raised an eyebrow at him.

“I'm picking?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he said, nodding. “We'll do what you want to do.”

“Alright,” she said. “I want to see that latest gangster film.” Seiho's eyes grew big at her answer.

“Seriously?” he asked.

“Yes!” Setsuna answered. Her date's face lit up.

“Okay then,” he said. “Let's go!” Seiho led the way to the cinema theater.

-------

Seiho insisted on paying for everything. He stopped her from pulling out her wallet every chance that he got.

“No,” the boy insisted. “Let me get it.”

“But…” Setsuna said.

“I've got it!” Seiho insisted. Setsuna reluctantly put up her wallet. He gave her a warm smile.

“Don't worry,” he said. “I've got this.” Setsuna made herself smile in gratitude.

“Right…” she mumbled.

-------

“That was an awesome movie!” Seiho said outside of the theater. “Yeah!” He pumped his fist in the air. Setsuna smiled as she shook her head.

“I can't remember laughing so hard like that,” she said.

“Anywhere next?” he asked.

“Um…” she replied. “Can we get something to eat?”

“Sure! I know just the place!”

“Where?”

“Follow me!” Seiho led the way further down the street. Setsuna followed behind, curious.

-------

`Hello everyone!” Seiho shouted as he walked through the front flaps of his family's ramen shop.

“Hey!” his dad, the owner, greeted him. Setsuna glanced around, confused.

“You're family's restaurant?” she asked.

“Yep!” Seiho said. He sat down at the bar. “The usual,” he said.

“Coming up,” his dad said. Setsuna walked up to the bar.

“Why here?” she asked. He shrugged his shoulders.

“Just felt like it,” the boy said.

“Heh,” Setsuna said. His dad gave her a kind smile.

“And what would you like?” he asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

“What would you recommend?” Setsuna asked.

“The house special!” the man said.

“Alright,” Setsuna replied. The dad got right to work.

“So?” Seiho asked. “What do you think?”

“Not bad,” she said.

“I'm still paying,” he told her.

“Fine, fine,” Setsuna said. “Whatever.” Her date smiled. He just needed the courage to confess now. I can do this, he thought. I can do this!

Do it, Man!