Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Six, Chapter Thirty-Six: Bitter Taste ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bitter Taste

-Michiko-

Why does she have to be here? Ashley and Hideki-kun act too close to each other. I can't stand that bitch! Hideki-kun and the rat looked up at me.

“Are you okay?” my baby asked. I put on a chipper face.

“Yeah,” I lied. “I'm fine.” I wanted to scream at them. Hideki-kun lowered his electric pen.

“You know what?” he asked. “Let's just take a break. Anyone want a drink?”

“Sure,” I said.

“Yes,” the rat said. Hideki-kun rose to his feet.

“Okay,” he said. “What would you like?”

“Tea,” I said.

“I'll have some juice,” the rat said.

“Alright,” Hideki-kun replied. “I'll be right back.” He turned and headed out the door. It then donned on me that I was alone with the rat. Looking at her face made me want to punch her. Ashley stretched her arms above her head.

“We're going good today, aren't we?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I said. Her voice grated on my nerves. Why did he leave me in here with her of all people? I looked over at the window. I didn't get it. Hideki-kun and I were together now. I won. So why…

“Michiko-san,” the rat spoke up. I whipped around to her with a smile on my face.

“Yeah?” I asked. Ashley gave me a serious look on her face. Oh no… Don't look at me like that. You make it hard to hate you. Please don't look at me like that. Please don't look at me like that!

“Can I ask you something?” she asked. Is she going to ask that question? Please don't say it. Please don't say it!

“What?” I asked. The sat rat leaned forward with desperate eyes. Stay back! Don't look at me like that. Don't ask me what you think you are going to ask.

“Do you hate me?” the little rat asked. Damn it! Why did she have to ask? Damn it! I awkwardly laugh off her question.

“No!” I blurted out. “Of course I don't! Whatever gave you that idea?” I hated her pouting at me.

“You always seem so cold and distant around me,” Ashley explained. “Did I offend you in some way?” Now, I felt so guilty of killing her in my head over and over. Just stop! You'll ruin everything!

“I'm so sorry if you felt that way,” I lied. Hideki-kun, get your ass back here now!

“Sorry I took too long,” my love said in the doorway. “The machine wasn't working properly. How are you two getting along?”

“Great,” we said. (I lied, of course.) Hideki-kun gave us a big grin.

“That's great to hear,” he told us. I gritted my teeth as he and the rat fell back into talking and working. She has got to go!

I Smell a Rat