Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Eight, Chapter Fifty-Six: New Year's Lovers ( Chapter 56 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

New Year's Lovers

The year is ending. Kagome stretched her arms in the air.

“Ah! I love winter break!” she said. “I love it so much.” Ryo lay in bed, smiling.

“What are we doing today?” he asked. She turned and kissed him on the lips.

“Let's do nothing,” Kagome said.

“Nothing you say?” Ryo asked.

“Yes.”

He put his arm around her waist. “That sounds great actually.” The young couple shared another kiss.

--------

Michiko and Hideki sat on the couch, watching the parade. She turned to her boyfriend and kissed him on the cheek.

“I want to stay in and order take-out,” she whispered. Hideko turned to her, wide-eyed.

“You too?” he asked. “But what about the kids?” Michiko laid her head on his shoulder.

“They'll be out of the way,” she said. “We'll order them take-out too.” Her boyfriend rubbed on her shoulder.

“Sounds good to me,” Hideki said.

“Mmm,” she said.

---------

Setsuna sighed at the sushi bar. Seiho eyed her.

“What's the matter?” he asked. She shook her head. Setsuna hadn't counted on much for the winter break. In fact, she felt so lonely. Seiho rubbed her on the shoulders.

“Oh come on,” he said. “Lighten up! It's the end of the year, after all.” Setsuna shoved him off.

“Stop,” she murmured. Seiho frowned and lowered his head. He muttered something under his breath. Setsuna lifted her head.

“What?” she asked. Seiho lifted his head, blushing.

“I like you!” he shouted. “Go out with me!” She sat with her mouth wide open, blushing.

“What?!” Setsuna shouted.

“I like you! I like you! I like you! I like you!” he shouted.

“Shut up!” she yelled.

----------

Azusa looked out her bedroom window. How did it come to this? She looked behind her. Satoshi lay asleep in her bed. She remembered last night to well. How did Satoshi end up back at her place? They hadn't been drinking too much. He asked to come over and Azusa said yes.

It all led to now. She didn't know how to handle it. Why did I say yes? Azusa looked at Satoshi's sleeping face. He was a nice guy, but just…

She pressed her hand to her forehead. He's so geeky and boring.

Still, Azusa couldn't stay away. She froze when she heard mumbling. Satoshi drew open his eyes.

“Oh, good morning,” he said.

“Good morning,” Azusa said, awkwardly.

-----------

The last day of the year winds down to a close. Cane the new year bring new and stronger love? We shall see in…

Ten… Nine… Eight… Seven… Six… Five… Four… Three… Two… One…

Happy New Year