Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Nine, Chapter Fifty-Seven: New Year's Eve Kissing ( Chapter 57 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

New Year's Day Kissing

Ryo and Kagome sat in the living room, shocked.

“What?!” Kagome cried. Michiko held out her hand, grinning. The fat pearl on her ring caught the living room light.

“We're getting married again!” she said. Kagome shuddered.

“Why?!” she asked. Her mother sheepishly giggled.

“Yesterday,” she said.

“On New Year's Eve?” Ryo asked.

“Yes,” the parents said. Kagome stood up and walked out of the room.

“Kagome-chan!” Ryo shouted as he ran after her. The older couple looked at each other.

“Was it something I said?” Michiko asked. Hideko rubbed on her shoulder.

“Give them time--- again,” he said.

--------

Ryo knocked on Kagome's bedroom door.

“Kagome-chan!” he shouted. “What's wrong? Come out and talk to me!” He backed up when the door opened. Kagome looked at him with frozen eyes.

“This is a disaster,” she growled. Ryo gave her a blank stare. His girlfriend snorted and walked into her room. He followed her to her bed. Kagome sat down frowning and folded her arms across her chest.

“I thought this was what we wanted,” Ryo said. “Didn't we want them together?”

“Yeah,” she said. “But they're going too fast!”

“What?” her boyfriend asked. Kagome flopped back onto her bed.

“I wanted us to get married first,” she said. “Then they could get married.” She put her hand to her forehead.

“This is bad! Now we can't get married!”

Ryo sat, blinking. “Wait… You want us to get married?”

“Yes!”

“So… are you proposing to me?”

“Yes… I mean, no… I mean… Gah!” Kagome sat up and groaned.

“Not yet! Cane we get back to the problem at hand?” she asked. Ryo patted her shoulders.

“Right,” he said. “What are do you suggest we do?” Kagome sighed.

“I don't know,” she said. “Delay them or something. I don't know.” Ryo pulled her into his arms.

“We'll think of something,” he said in a low voice. Kagome glanced up at him.

“Can you hold me like this for a little bit longer?” she asked. “It calms me down and helps me think.” He rested his chin atop her head.

“Sure,” her boyfriend replied. “Take all the time you need.”

“Thank you,” Kagome whispered.

“You're welcome,” Ryo said back.

Delaying Love