Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Nine, Chapter Sixty-Two: Let Them Go ( Chapter 62 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Let Them Go

Seiho had to bring the obsession to an end. He took the first step the day after Hideki and Michiko's engagement party. Seiho sent the text ahead of time.

“Setsuna-san, we need to talk,” he wrote. Right now, he breathed in and knocked on the door. Seiho ran his words through his head. He looked up when the door opened. Setsuna poked her head outside.

“Yo,” Seiho said in a low voice.

“Seiho?” she asked.

“May I come in?” he asked.

“Sure,” his crush murmured.

“Thanks,” he said, bowing. Setsuna moved aside to let him in.

---------

“What did you want to talk about?” Setsuna asked. Seiho sat down on her couch.

“Sit down with me,” he said. Her face dropped.

“What's wrong?” Setsuna asked.

“Please sit down,” he said. The girl lowered her shoulders and took a seat next to him.

“What is it?” Setsuna asked. Seiho looked her in the eye.

“Do you like me?” She blinked with big eyes.

“What?!” she asked. “Of course I do!”

“How about Ryo?”

“Huh? I like him too.”

Seiho sighed. “And this is a problem.”

“Why?”

“Are you in love with him?”

“No! We're just friends!”

Seiho lowered his head. “Could've fooled me.”

“Seiho…”

“Tell me something. Why do you want to break Ryo and Kagome so badly? Why do you even care?”

Setsuna wrinkled her nose. “It's disgusting! They used to be step siblings!”

“So what? That's their business. We can't control them. They are their own people.”

“So, you're okay with their gross relationship?”

“No. But, that's not our business. As long as there's no abuse and they are happy, it's not our place to butt in.”

“But…”

“You have to be honest with yourself.”

“I am!”

“No, you're not. Admit it, you're in love with Ryo, aren't you?”

“No.”

“Yes, you are. You're jealous of Kagome because they are dating.”

“It's not true.”

“Yes, it is. Don't lie to me.”

“It's not true!”

Seiho raised his eyebrow. “Then why are you blushing right now?”

Setsuna slapped herself in the cheeks as she shook her head. “No, I'm not!”

He sighed again. “See? You just proved my point.”

She gave him a strange look. “What point?”

“Listen to me, leave Ryo and Kagome alone. They want to be together. There's nothing we can do the break them up.”

Setsuna stared at him with big eyes. “You can't mean it.”

“Don't you want them to be happy?”

“Well… yeah…” Her lower lip trembled. Seiho took her by the hands.

“You need to make a choice,” he said. “Him or me.” Setsuna gave him a blank stare.

“What?” she asked.

“Choose him or me,” Seiho repeated. “What am I to you?”

She shook her head. “Come on, that's not fair.”

“You're not being fair to me.”

His girl closed her mouth with big eyes. Seiho clutched her hands tighter.

“I love you, Setsuna-san,” he said. “But, I feel like I'm just a replacement to Ryo.”

“That's not true,” Setsuna said, shaking her head.

“It feels like it,” he said. “I will give you one week to decide.” She broke down, shaking.

“You can't do this, Seiho-kun,” she said. “This is not fair.”

“You're not being fair to all of us,” Seiho said. He let go of her hands and stood up. The girl looked up as he walked out the door.

“Seiho-kun, wait!” Setsuna cried. The door slammed shut. Her heart began to sink.

Tough Love