Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Ten, Chapter Sixty-Seven: Bar Night ( Chapter 67 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bar Night

Ashley made peace with losing Hideki. But she was a little lonely. She hadn't been out to bars lately. It felt like the old days tonight. Would cupid smile upon her this time?

“Why so lonely, my lady?” the bartender asked. Ashley lifted her head. The man looked like an angel in the darkness. The dim lighting played off of his skin. Ashley blinked.

“Why would I be lonely?” she asked. The bartender's smile made her heart flutter.

“Your eyes look so sad,” he said. “What's on your mind?” Ashley shrugged.

“Not much,” she said.

“What would you like?” the bartender asked.

“Give me whatever,” she said.

“Coming up,” he said. The bartender got right to work. When did she become so easy to read? She shook her head.

Why did I come here?

A full glass stood in front of her. Ashley lifted her head. The bartender's eyes reminded her chocolate.

“I'm here to lend you an ear,” he said.

“Heh,” the woman said. “How come you're being nice to me? I don't get it.”

“What is there to get?”

“Well… you are attractive man and I'm a pretty lady. We're in a lonely bar and it's late.”

“Okay. What are you looking for?”

Ashley sat up, blinking. “What?”

“I can tell by your body language.”

She gave him a strange look. “Who are you?”

The bartender smiled. “Just a bartender in a lonely bar in Osaka.” Ashley took a drink with her eyebrow raised.

“What am I thinking right now?” she asked. He choked back his laughter.

“You're wondering if I'm single or not,” the bartender said.

“Are you?” Ashley asked. He took her empty glass.

“Wouldn't you like to know?” he said.

“Can I have another drink?”

“Sure.”

“How long are you open for?”

“Six in the morning.”

For the first time tonight, Ashley smiled. She leaned for forward with her hand under her chin.

“Tell me,” the woman said. “What is your name?”

“Rin,” the bartender said. “And you are?” His smile had her sold.

“Ashley,” Ashley said. “It's Ashley.” Rin made her another drink.

“Can I see you again?” she asked.

“Sure,” the bartender answered with his voice as smooth as honey. Could this be romance? Who knows? Ashley didn't look so lonely anymore.

Alcohol Love