Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Ten, Chapter Sixty-Nine: Confidence in Love ( Chapter 69 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Confidence in Love

-Azusa-

Why did it take so long to see? I should be happy with Satoshi. I've never had luck with love. Most of the guys I wanted were already married or total jerks. But, Satoshi's different.

He's not as hot as Ryo-kun and Hideki-kun. He's not popular. In fact, Satoshi was quite dorky. But, I see he is a good man. Why he's good to me, I don't get it myself. It sure took me a while to see it. Why was I so stubborn?

My phone rang on my nightstand.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Azusa-san?” a man's voice asked. I narrowed my eyes.

“Who is this?” I asked.

“Satoshi,” the man answered. My heart raced as I lifted my head.

“Satoshi-san?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he said. “Are you up yet?”

“No...” I said. “Why?”

“Come out with me today,” Satoshi said. “We need to talk.” I made a strange face.

“Why? What for?” I asked.

“Just come out with me,” he said. “I really want to see you.” I pressed my lips together.

“Alright,” I said.

“I'll meet you at noon,” he said. I stared at my phone. Was he going to go through with the marriage after all? My heart sank at the possibility. Maybe it's not that. I got out of bed and got dressed.

---------

Satoshi sent me directions to a meet up at Lingua World. I looked around at the teenagers in this cafe. Why did he have to pick this place? I rubbed my forehead.

“Azusa-san!” someone called. I looked up to see an arm flagging me down. I hurried over to the back. Satoshi looked up when he saw me.

“Hi,” he said. My cheeks turned bright pink.

“Hello,” I said. “May I join you?”

“Sure,” Satoshi said. I sat down in front of him.

“What did you want of talk about?” I asked. He looked me straight in the eye.

“My parents picked out my bride,” he said.

“What?” I asked. It felt like getting shot in the chest.

“When's the wedding?” I asked. Satoshi gritted his teeth.

“I don't want to marry her,” he said.

“What?” I asked.

“Don't get me wrong. She's nice and pretty. I could fall in love with her if I get to know her. But...” He clenched his fists on the table.

“I don't want her. I want you!”

I sat frozen. I should've expected this from him. Maybe I wanted to hear him say it again. My heart jumped when the words left his mouth.

“O-kay...” I said. “So... what do you want me to say? What are you asking of me?”

“How do you feel about me?” Satoshi asked. “Depending on your answer will tell me if I should get married or not.”

“Why does it come down to me?”

“Because I have to know if I am making a mistake or not.”

“Don't marry her if you don't want to.”

“But do you love me?”

“Yes!” No sooner had I said that, my face turned bright red. Satoshi bowed his head.

“Thank you,” he said. My eyes shifted back and forth.

“So... What happens now?” I asked.

“Up to you,” he said. “Do you want to start a relationship now?” I hesitated at first. Was this really happening? Am I actually going to...?

“Yes,” I said at last.

“Okay then,” Satoshi said. “We're in a relationship now.” I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. What just happened? I guess I could get used to this. Maybe?

Maybe She Could've Been a Hero