Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Carrie stepped off the Greyhound bus. She took in a breath of fresh air. Then she hefted her book bag on her right shoulder and scanned the surroundings. Then she was shoved forward.
 
“Move it!” a man growled as he moved around her with a scowl on his face.
 
“Oh, sorry,” she apologized, but inside she was rambling, Do you know any manners like, `Excuse me please?' Didn't your mother teach you anything?
 
The twenty year old moved on. She had moved to Moonfull, New Hampshire. It was a small town, like her hometown back in Dayfield, New York. The town was starting to get bigger and she wanted to leave some sad memories and start anew.
 
Carrie started walking to a small house that she bought with her own money. She had worked as a firefighter when she was eighteen and saved as much as she could.
 
Her house was a half a mile away from where the bus dropped her, and the angry man, off. When she arrived, she stared at her small, one story house. It was built with bricks and it had a small white door with a storm door in front of it. There were small square windows both two feet apart on both sides of the door.
 
“Home,” she muttered as her feet trudged into her new house. She took out a key from her backpack and unlocked the door.
 
Carrie walked in, shut the door, and locked it. Then she went right to bed.
 
Her room was light purple. Just a few days ago, she had her bed moved to her new home from her old one. She inhaled deeply. She could still smell the scent from her old home.
 
Old home…where she had lived the past twenty years. A small tear slipped down her cheek. Carrie sighed; she knew that she was going to get homesick …but so quickly?
 
She turned onto her left side and stared at the shadowy darkness. The stars were glistening down like gems. Her eyes started to close…