Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As usual, the sun and the birds awoke Carrie. She realized that she was still in her dress. She sat up in bed with a groan. She smacked her lips a little bit.
 
“My mouth tastes like shrimp,” she said randomly. Then she slapped her forehead with the palm of her hand for sounding so stupid.
 
She jumped out of bed, took off her clothes, and then put some fresh clothes on. She decided to skip breakfast and just head to work.
 
Carrie arrived at work. She went inside the firehouse and saw only Tyler in the building. He was sitting on a chair, reading a magazine.
 
“Where's Trace?” she asked as she sat on the floor across from him.
 
Tyler peered over his magazine. “He went over to Moonfull Market to get some food. The refrigerator is getting bare.”
 
Carrie nodded her head. Tyler went back reading his magazine.

~*~

At Moonfull Market, Trace was checking out at Gina's register line.
 
“So, how's Carrie at the firehouse?” asked Gina after cashing him out.
 
“She's great. She's probably there already,” he replied. Then he looked at her and asked, “Have you met the guy Carrie went out on a date with?”
 
Gina shook her head. “No, I haven't, but I want to.” Trace nodded his head slowly. A slow grin crept onto Gina's face. “Are you jealous? Do you have a crush on Gina?”
 
He didn't reply.
 
“Oh my God you do! Well I'll be damned. A love triangle has formed,” she laughed.
 
Trace turned red and muttered that he had to get back to the firehouse.

~*~
 
“That girl is very lovely,” said Ashling as she and Damian sat in the dark living room.
 
“Yeah, she is,” Damian replied softly. He was sitting on a bench by a window, gazing out. He hoped that the sun would set soon so he could see her. One of the many things that he disliked being a vampire was that he couldn't go into the damn sunlight.
 
Ashling could see him fidgeting in his seat. She sighed. “Patience, Damian, patience. I know you want to see her, but the sun isn't going to set just for you.”
 
Damian growled at her and the girl just giggled. “Don't worry, it'll only be a couple more hours. I bet she's anxious to see you again too.”

~*~

Ugh, when will the sun set? Carrie asked herself.
 
It had been a long day. There had been no calls. When Trace came back from the market, he seemed a little distressed. Tyler told her not to bother him, so she stayed put.
 
“What do you think is wrong with him?” she asked Tyler.
 
He shrugged. “I don't know, but it's best to let him be.”
 
Carrie raised an eyebrow. She stood up and went to the kitchen, ignoring Tyler's quiet protests.
 
She watched Trace put the food away. She cleared her throat and Trace looked up.
 
“Can I be any of help?” she asked.
 
“No, it's okay, everything is pretty much put away,” he answered, not meeting her gaze.
 
Carrie casually nodded her head. Then she made a small jolt. “Oh! I almost have five hundred dollars. I could probably give it to you next week.”
 
Trace just nodded his head. His reaction peeved Carrie a bit; she grumpily went back to the room that Tyler was in.
 
She told Tyler that she was leaving. She picked up her stuff, headed out to her car and went home.