Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Carrie pulled into her driveway. Instead of going into her house, she went to her garden. It was coming along nicely, even though she hadn't been working at it for a while. She sat on the edge of the garden and just gazed at it, picturing the colorful flowers and the vegetables that would be there. Perhaps she would add some strawberry and raspberry bushes to the garden.
 
Carrie watched the sun go down. She was waiting for him. She was ready for him to envelop her in his arms. She was waiting for his cool skin and his woodsy aroma. She sighed. She had fallen in love with a man that she had met only a few days ago…and a vampire no less.
 
All of a sudden, she felt arms around her waist. She felt cool skin and smelt something woodsy. It was Him.
 
“Damian,” she sighed. She laid her head back on his chest and laid her arms on his legs since she was sitting between them.
 
Damian kissed her forehead. “Hello my darling. I missed you.”
 
“I missed you too.”
 
“No, I mean I really, really, really, really, missed you. More than I have ever missed anyone.”
 
Carrie giggled and Damian smiled.
 
Carrie bit her bottom lip. “Damian?”
 
“Yes my darling?”
 
“You make my sky blue. Just seeing you brightens my day...or night.”
 
Damian beamed. If he had a heart, it would have been thumping against his ribcage. He squeezed her tighter.
 
“Damian?”
 
“Shh.”
 
Carrie turned around and looked at him. Damian lifted her chin with his index finger and slowly inched his face towards hers.
 
Carrie's face started to heat up from the sudden intimate action. Damian lightly pressed his lips against hers. He licked them, asking for entrance and she complied.
 
She closed her eyes and her mind was swirling. The feeling of his mouth upon hers was surreal. But she enjoyed it. It was her first kiss and it was from a vampire. Her vampire.
 
She laid a hand behind his neck and the other behind his head, trying to deepen the kiss. She pressed her body against his, which caused him to fall on his back. The sudden position was naughty, but they paid it no heed.
 
They laid on the grass. Damian's blood red, dress shirt was halfway open and his black pants were getting slightly wet since there was some dew on the grass. Carrie's dark purple kimono styled shirt was slightly open and her blue, ripped jeans were also getting a bit wet from the dewy grass since she was kneeling between Damian's legs.
 
“Please Damian, have me,” she said between kisses.
 
Damian pulled away and muttered, “I can't.”
 
Carrie looked shocked. “Why not?”
 
He replied, “We vampires can't have sex. Our sex drives stop working...since we're...dead.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“I'm sorry.”
 
“It's okay.”
 
There was a long stillness between them after that. To break the awkward silence, she asked, “How old are you really?”
 
“From birth, I am 143. From becoming a vampire, I am 121.”
 
“What about Ashling?”
 
“From birth, she's 115. From being bit by me, she's ninety-nine.”
 
They sat back up and stared at the sky. Damian looked at the garden that Carrie was trying to make.
 
To make it up to her, I'll finish her garden, he thought and then looked at her. Carrie caught his gaze at the corner of her eye.
 
“It's really okay, I don't mind. It must have been the heat of the moment,” she said, scratching the back of her neck. Then she leaned over and kissed his lips.
 
“I do love you Damian, regardless.”
 
“I love you too, my Camilla.”

~*~

It was starting to rain lightly. A man stepped out of a truck and stood next to the sign that said `Welcome to Moonfull.' He was wearing an ebony-gray trench coat that blew lightly in the wind. He had dark green pants and a blood red wife beater. He had army boots that matched his coat and a red bandanna around his head. He had an army tag necklace and a crossbow in one hand. He had long, light brown hair and it was tied back at the nape of his neck. His green eyes narrowed down the road that let to town.
 
“Found you