Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Ugh, my waist!” Carrie cried as she hugged her stomach and rolled around in her bed. She had her period early the next morning.
 
She had the mother of all cramps. Groaning, she reached for her phone and dialed Trace's number.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hey Trace, it's Carrie. I can't come in this morning.”
 
“Really? What's wrong?”
 
“Um…” she blushed. “It's my time of month.”
 
On the other line, Trace blushed too. “Oh, okay, that's fine. Feel better.”
 
“Thanks. Bye.”
 
“Bye.”
 
Carrie hung up and stretched out on her bed. She knew that she had to go to the bathroom and get a pad, but she didn't feel like walking. Carrie sighed and swung her legs over the side of her bed. She stood on her feet and her head felt woozy.
 
She walked like a drunk to her bathroom. She put a pad on and walked to the medicine cabinet. She took a couple of Midol to ease the cramps and went back to bed.

~*~

“I am going to go over to her house and see how she is doing,” Trace said while he and Tyler played video games.
 
Tyler choked back laughter. “Are you serious? You do know that a woman with her period can have major mood swings, don't you?”
 
“They can?”
 
“She won't want you to see her during the first couple of days of her menstrual cycle.”
 
“How do you know so much about girls?”
 
“Are you kidding? I grew up with two older sisters.”
 
“Maybe we should have Gina go over. I'll give her directions.”
 
Trace pressed pause and went to the phone to call Gina.

~*~

Gina went over to Carrie's house when her shift ended and rung the doorbell. Carrie answered in sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt.
 
“Hey Gina, what are you doing here?” asked Carrie with a smile.
 
“Trace asked me to come here. He's concerned on how you're doing,” she answered.
 
Carrie looked flattered. “Oh, really? Come in, sorry, I was being rude.” She stepped aside and let her friend enter the house.
 
Gina entered the house and she was motioned to sit on the couch. Before she sat down, she put a bag of food on the kitchen table. Carrie went to the bathroom for a couple of minutes and sat next to Gina.
 
“How are you feeling?” Gina asked.
 
“Ugh, like shit. I want someone to chop off my lower body,” Carrie muttered.
 
“Damn, that bad?”
 
Carrie nodded. Gina gave her a hug. She stood back up and went to the bag of food. She took out cookies, a couple pints of ice cream, and soda. Then she asked where the spoons were and took them out. She sat back down and they started to eat.
 
“So, how is Damian? Am I ever going to meet him?” Gina asked.
 
Carrie choked on some ice cream and coughed lightly. “Um, he's not a very sociable person.”
 
“Okay, but what do you think of Trace. He's a really nice guy.”
 
Carrie cocked her head. “What are you up to?”
 
“Nothing, just wanted to have a conversation.”
 
“Well, to answer your question, he is a really nice guy, but I see him more like a big brother.”
 
Oh, burn! Poor Trace, Gina thought as she scooped up some ice cream and ate it.
 
They continued eating a little bit more before Gina left to go to her mother's house. Carrie thanked her for the food and said good-bye as her friend went out the door.
 
For the rest of the day, Carrie slept on the couch.

~*~
 
It was nighttime and Damian was walking to Carrie's house. He had missed her all day and couldn't wait to hold her in his arms and smell her scent. Then a waft of iron hit his senses. He fell onto his knees and placed his hands around his neck. The smell of blood was driving his vampire instinct into chaos. He had to control it. Something might be wrong with Carrie and he had to see if she was okay.
 
He got to his feet and started to walk wobbly. He was trying to tame the beast that was fighting to consume him.
 
Damian made it to the door. While he was turning the knob, his hand was shaking uncontrollably. He pushed the door open and the smell became stronger. He almost let the animal slip.
 
“Who's there?” demanded a voice.
 
“It's me,” he said in a rasped voice. His feet slogged against the floor. When he got to the room that his girl was staying in, he leaned against the wall. She looked perfectly fine with a blanket over her, so where was the smell of blood coming from?
 
Carrie blushed. Damian was there and she looked like a mess. She probably smelled too. Ugh, why was he here?
 
“Where's that smell coming from?” Damian demanded. In a flash his eyes turned yellow. Carrie saw it. She became a little scared.
 
“Smell?”
 
“Yes, the smell of iron, like blood.”
 
Carrie's face turned into a tomato. Of course he's a vampire, he can smell blood, and she was menstruating!
 
“Um…it's my month…you know…what girls get.”
 
Now it was Damian's turn for his face to turn into a tomato. He had forgotten all about that! The vampire shifted from foot to foot and started to walk towards her. He could see that she was starting to slide under the blanket.
 
When Damian was in front of her, he plopped onto his knees. All he could see of her face was her eyes. Damian pulled the blanket off her visage. He placed both of his hands on both sides of her face and kissed her passionately.
 
Carrie melted into it. He was kissing her. A vampire was kissing her while she was bleeding below. How sexy was that?
 
He put his lips next to her ear and whispered, “Just relax tonight. I am going to do something that you will like…very soon.”
 
Carrie looked at him quizzically. He just replied with another kiss to her lips before leaving the house through the backdoor.