Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

That night and the following, Damian worked on Carrie's garden. Any time that Carrie tried to help, he would just growl at her and tell her to rest. He did that because her blood was making his vampire nature go haywire. Besides, she still wasn't up to it.
 
After Damian's first night with the garden, Trace visited Carrie. When Carrie answered the door, Trace stood under the doorway with a bouquet of lilies.
 
“Uh…Carrie. I just wanted to see how you were doing,” he said.
 
Carrie smiled. “I am doing fine. Why don't you come in? Would you like something to drink?”
 
“Sure.”
 
Trace walked in and looked around the house. He sat at the kitchen table and watched Carrie grab a glass and put some ice cubes and cold water in it. He was still looking at her as she put the cup in front of him and sat in a chair.
 
“How is everything at the firehouse?” she asked.
 
“Oh, it's fine. We received a call yesterday to get a cat from a tree,” he replied, taking a sip from his cup.
 
“How is Tyler?” she asked.
 
“He's good. He's staying at the firehouse right now. He bought a bicycle. Hopefully he won't crash anywhere.”
 
Carrie laughed. Trace smiled at her.
 
He looked at his watch. “I better go in case there's a call. We all know that Tyler cannot drive. I hope you'll come back tomorrow…us guys miss you a lot.”
 
Carrie smiled at Trace. “Maybe.”
 
Trace stood up and hugged Carrie good-bye. Carrie watched as Trace left the house.
 
Carrie put the flowers in water. She inhaled the scent and sighed happily. The aroma was really sweet.
 
Later in the afternoon, Carrie heard the doorbell ring again. She answered it and Tyler was there.
 
“Hey Tyler!”
 
“Hi Carrie, how are you feeling?”
 
“I am doing all right. Do you want to come in?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
Tyler walked in and flopped onto the couch. “I told him not to come here.”
 
“Who? Trace?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Why?”
 
“I knew that you probably didn't want guys here.”
 
“Why you say that?”
 
“I lived with two older sisters. Every time a guy came by, they would tell me that they weren't feeling up to any visitors. And for another reason.”
 
“What's the other reason?”
 
“I'm gay.”
 
Carrie's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. She had no idea that he was gay and she had been working with him for a while.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Yeah, well, I am more of a masculine gay than a feminine gay,” he told her.
 
“Does Trace know this?”
 
“Of course. We've been friends forever.”
 
“Is he-”
 
“Gay? Nah.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Is this going to bother you?”
 
“No! I like you for who you are, not what you are.”
 
Tyler smiled. He hugged her. He then said that he had to go home and take a shower. They said good-bye and he left.
 
When the sun had set, Carrie walked outside with a shawl and sat on the grass where she and Damian had sat the night before. She was happy that he was working so hard on her garden. It was getting cleaned, weeded and she got to see him work out. She giggled.
 
Carrie could hear the jag roar as it came up into the driveway and then it was put to rest. She saw Damian's silhouette coming into view. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw what he was wearing. He was wearing a white wife beater and stonewashed jeans. His hair was in a low ponytail and he wore tan working boots.
 
And there she was, wearing maroon sweatpants, a gray t-shirt and blue fuzzy slippers. Her hair was a mess too. Real attractive, no?
 
“Hello darling, you feeling better?” he asked in his smooth British accent. He could still smell the iron, but his wild side seemed to be under control.
 
“Uh, yes, much better.”
 
“I'm glad. Well, guess I should get to work.”
 
He gave her a kiss before going to the garden. Carrie had a goofy grin on as she watched him…well…actually his butt…walk to the garden. The pants were looking really good on him on all the right places. She chuckled.
 
Damian could feel her eyes on him as he tended to the garden. All the clothes that he had worn were for her. He wanted to give her a good show.
 
Carrie started to doze off. No, I want to watch him tend my garden, she moaned in her head. Her eyes closed and she fell to the side, asleep.
 
Damian grinned. He walked over to her, picked her up, and carried her to her bedroom. He laid her down gently and kissed her brow. Then he went back to fix her garden.