Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Carrie woke up and stretched out her tight muscles. She realized that she was in her bed; Damian must have put her there. She smiled. He was so sweet. She supposed that his nineteenth century charm never left him.
 
She jumped out of bed and went straight to the garden. When she saw it she gaped. It looked beautiful, even though there weren't any plants in bloom. However, all the weeds were gone. She saw there was a letter taped next to the door. She opened it and it read:
 
Good morning, my Camilla.
 
I have finished the garden and planted the seeds, so all you have to do is water them from time to time. This is making up for the fact that I cannot make love with you. I am sorry again that I cannot give you something that really shows our love for each other.
 
I am going to take you out to dinner. You can dress casually. I will pick you up at seven, okay? I miss you and I love you.
 
Forever yours,
Damian xxx
 
Carrie closed her eyes and squealed. He was hot in so many ways. Then her smile turned into a grim expression. He did this for her because of something he could no longer do. A lone tear trickled down her cheek. She leaned on the wall with her back and pressed the letter against her chest.
 
Oh Damian, what am I going to do with you? She asked herself.
 
Carrie turned around and went inside to get ready for work.

~*~
 
“So, you finished the garden?” asked Ashling. She and Damian were sitting in the dark living room, drinking the usual.
 
“Yes, I have. I think she'll love it more when the plants grow,” he said. “I am going to take her out to dinner tonight. Maybe you should find yourself a boyfriend.”
 
Ashling laughed. “Me? A boyfriend? When Hell freezes over!”
 
“Why not?”
 
“I don't think I am the dating type of girl…vampire girl.”
 
Damian shook his head. “You know, you're making me feel bad that I am dating someone and you're not.”
 
Ashling shrugged. “Don't feel bad. I am just glad to see you happy with someone. It's been a while. Just go out and have some fun.”
 
Damian smiled. “Fine.”