Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Epilogue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Carrie opened the door and walked into the living room. Everything in the house seemed so dismal now. She looked to her right and saw a pile of ash.
 
Ashling… she said softly in her mind.
 
Looking to her left, she saw paper on an easel. Carrie walked towards it and smiled sadly as her eyes pricked with tears. It was a portrait of her and Damian. She lovingly caressed the paper with her fingertips.
 
She looked around the room again. Damian and Ashling were gone. She felt alone. Carrie had Gina, Trace, and Tyler…but she didn't have the love of her life or Ashling.
 
Carrie quietly went outside to her car. She started the engine and left the grounds, never to return.
 
Pulling into her driveway, she noticed Trace sitting on the front steps of her home. She shut the engine off and got out. As she walked toward him, he stood up and smiled.
 
“Hello Carrie,” he greeted.
 
Carrie forced herself to smile. “Hello Trace, what are you doing here?”
 
“Well, I came here to see how you are…you don't look well. Are you okay?” Trace asked.
 
“Yes, I am,” Carrie lied.
 
There was a moment of silence. Trace broke it by saying that he liked her as more than a friend.
 
Carrie looked away. She told him that she didn't feel the same, that she only saw him as a brother figure. Trace bit the inside of his lower lip and told her that he would see her the next day at work. He said good-bye and left.
 
Carrie walked into her house. She went to the living room and looked at the garden that Damian made for her. She walked out the backdoor and gasped. Somehow, the seeds that had been planted just a couple days ago…were in bloom. The scent that was being cast from the flowers was intoxicating.
 
She sat on the grass, looking at the garden. Then she broke down. “Damian! Damian! Why? Why Damian? God why? I miss you. I miss you so much, my love. I just want to hear you say darling and kiss me one more time, just one more time.”
 
Two hearts, one soul
One man that erased gray with blue
One woman that showed love to a vampire
Two hearts, one soul
Both apart from a crime in the past
How can two hearts
One soul
Live without each other's
Shared gray sky?