Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #3, Chapter #14: Waton Song ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Waton Song

Jun'ko frowned on the motorcycle. “You sure we're going the right way?”

“Yes!” Ozzy shouted.

“It seems like we are lost.”

“We're not, okay?”

Jun'ko snorted. “Feels like it to me.” Ozzy stopped his motorcycle.

“Look!” he snapped. “What the hell is your problem?” She flipped back her hair.

“Do I have to state the obvious?” she asked. He rolled his eyes.

“I am doing this for your brother,” Ozzy told her. “Could you at least pretend to be nice to me here?”

“No!” Jun'ko snapped.

“Let me guess, because you don't like me, right?”

“Nope.”

How did I know? “Glad the feeling is mutual.”

“Excuse me?” Jun'ko hissed. Ozzy glared at her.

“You heard me!” he snapped. She stuck up her middle finger as they pulled away. Ozzy gritted his teeth. It would be easier to ditch her here.

-------

The painful silence gave both parties the times plot murder. Ozzy frowned at the long desert road ahead of them. Bonez was like a brother to him. How the hell does he have a sister like her? The thought made Ozzy cringe.

To begin with, he wasn't good with girls. Ozzy grew up in an all-man's world. His father and uncle ran hot-blooded. The son couldn't remember a quiet day in the house. Father and uncle came home with black eyes and bruises on their faces. Ozzy just wanted a little quiet to himself. The men in his family practically chased anything in a skirt. However, no girlfriends stayed around long enough.

Come to think of it, Ozzy thought in present day. They weren't really looking for a relationship. Bonez wasn't a role model with women either. Every girl accused him of hit-and-run sex. Even that left naughty messes in the end. Jun'ko ended up being the latest mess that Ozzy had to clean up. The biker cursed himself under his breath.

Why is it always me? That question came back later on after another stop. Now, Ozzy pulled his motorcycle to a complete stop further down the road.

“Why did you stop?” Jun'ko asked. Ozzy climbed off and threw off his helmet without a word.

“Excuse me!” he shouted. “Miss, are you okay?” The biker raced over to the distressed-looking Asian woman looking around for help. She jerked her head upwards at the sound of Ozzy's voice.

“Oh!” she said aloud. “I'm so glad you spotted me! I was getting so worried that I would be stranded out here for days!”

“What's the problem?” Ozzy asked. Back on the bike, Jun'ko narrowed her eyes at the other woman.

She's looks familiar, she thought.

Lonely, Lonely Time