Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Haven ❯ Volume #3, Chapter #15: Custard Pie ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Custard Pie

Ann-Sui knew how grift. She learned from the best after all. Bonez at least gave her that much. Still, she couldn't believe her luck when her motorcycle broke down on the side of the road. She happened to look up and see Ozzy and Jun'ko on the same road. She just made up her plan as she went along.

“Oh!” Ann-Sui cried. “I'm so glad you spotted me! I was getting so worried that I would be stranded out here for days!” Ozzy hopped off his motorcycle.

“What's the problem?” he asked.

“Oh!” Ann-Sui said. “I think she's broken.” At first, neither party could connect the dots. Ozzy examined the bike.

“Hm,” he said. “Could you tell me what happened?”

“It just died on me,” the woman said. “Oh god, this is embarrassing!”

“That's okay,” Ozzy replied. “It happens.”

“Yeah…” She gave off a nervous laugh. Ann-Sui happened to notice the tattoos on Ozzy's left wrist.

“Your ink's cool,” she said.

“Thanks,” he replied.

“What is it?”

He looked at his wrist. “This is a skull, cross, snake, and a…” Ozzy squinted his eyes. “Oh. I think it's a dragon eating the cross.”

She froze at his words. “Come again.”

Ozzy took a closer look at his wrist. “Yep, that's a dragon eating the cross.” Ann-Sui covered her mouth. He's from Raven Fang. She couldn't believe her luck today. Holy shit! I have someone from Bonez's gang!

“I didn't quite catch your name,” she spoke up. Ozzy looked up.

“What?” he asked. The whole time, Jun'ko narrowed her eyes. Where have I seen her before? Jun'ko dug around in her brain. Where? At school? No. Paul's. Nope. Andy's? That's not it. However, a single drop ended all puzzles on the side of the road. Ozzy saw it on his tattooed wrist.

“What?” he asked. It didn't take long for a downpour to follow.

“Shit!” Ozzy shouted.

“What do we do?” Ann-Sui asked. The biker looked around. He hurried to the road, searching for help. Jun'ko frowned on the motorcycle.

“Who's even going to find us out here?” she asked. Ozzy continued looking.

“Help me out here!” he shouted. Ann-Sui rushed to the road and began looking. Ozzy turned to Jun'ko.

“You too!” he shouted. The chubby girl frowned.

“Why?” she asked.

“Don't you want to get out of this rain?” he asked. Jun'ko snorted.

“Who's even going to see us out here?” she asked. “What about the bikes?”

“Just get over here!” Ozzy and Ann-Sui shouted. Jun'ko rolled her eyes.

“It won't work,” she muttered under her breath. Nevertheless, she climbed off the bike and joined the other two by the road. Minutes later, Ozzy spotted a truck heading in their direction.

“There!” he shouted. He rose his arms in the air, flagging it down.

“They!” he shouted. “Hey!” The truck pulled to a stop. Ozzy stood on his tip-toes as the driver rolled down the window.

“Her motorcycle broke down and mine can only hold two people,” he explained, pointing to Ann-Sui first and then his bike. “Could you give us a ride to a gas station?” The girls stood before Ozzy.

“Sure,” the driver said. “Hop on.”

“Could you help us with the bikes?” Ozzy asked. The driver stopped his truck and climbed out.

-------

Ozzy, Jun'ko, and Ann-Sui rode on the back of the truck with the motorcycles. Ann-Sui turned to the biker.

“I didn't quite catch your name,” she said. Ozzy lifted his head.

“Hm? Oh, it's Ozzy,” he said.

“I see.”

“And you are?”

“Susan.”

Ozzy gave her a little smile. “Nice to meet you.”

“Same to you.” Inside, Ann-Sui was smirking. This is too perfect. I have Bonez's second-in-command right here with me. This makes up for the shitty morning I had. Jun'ko cleared her throat. The other passengers shifted their focus on her.

“I'm sorry,” “Susan” said, tilting her head. “Did you want something?” Jun'ko snorted.

“Don't get too friendly with us, bitch!” she snapped. “We don't know you!”

“Jun'ko!” Ozzy hissed. That name completed the puzzle for Ann-Sui. Oh, I see! You're Bonez's little sister. She fought the urge to snicker. My, my. Could my day get any better?

“So, where are you all headed?” the driver asked.

“Nearest gas station or auto shop,” Ozzy answered. “I still have to fix this girl's bike.”

“Alright,” the driver said. Ann-Sui took Ozzy by the arm. The biker's eyes trailed behind him to see “Susan” giving him a catlike smile.

“Thanks again for helping ne with my bike,” she said.

“It's nothing really. I don't mind.” Ozzy laughed like a wild jackal. Jun'ko rolled her eyes, frowning. Idiot, she thought. Ann-Sui's lips curved into a secret smirk.

“I will have to pay you back somehow,” she told him.

“Oh, you don't have to,” Ozzy said.

“But I must,” she said. “You have been so helpful to me after all.” The truck's movements in the downpour aided in turning the wheels in Ann-Sui's deviant mind for her revenge.

“Yes,” she said. “I get the following we're going to be friends for a long time. A really long time.”

It's Been a Lonely, Lonely Time