Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Hayabusa Abumi Must Die! ❯ Episode 9: Sticking Together ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Hayabusa Abumi Must Die!

By: Melissa Norvell

Episode 9: Sticking Together

XxXxXxXx

"Oh, you're that pirate we were talking about," Ruri looked at the purple-haired sea goer and pointed.

Abumi glared at the orange-haired woman in irritation. "The one that quote, 'couldn't see us' end quote."

"Eh, shit happens," she shrugged it off casually, as if it wasn't anything to but any concern of any kind into. "Besides, I said she saw us. She just didn't care about us."

"Oh, I think she just started caring," Moegi whined. This was just great! Everything bad was happening to her and around her and now she had to deal with some psycho pirate who wanted to kill them all. Her life seemed more and more like a storybook each day, and not to mention it got more and more ridiculous on top of that. If she were to tell anyone at school about it, then they would have just laughed at her and called her crazy. She just knew it!

"I saw your head poking out, but I gave it no mind. I figured if anyone were that stupid to hide in plain sight, then they were just easy to kill," Ikkouku sighed at the sheer idiocy of such people. Not to mention that none of them looked like much of a threat. It wasn't anything to take too much to heart, or at least, that was the way she saw it.

"What!?!" Ruri was outraged at her assumption. How dare she read a book by its cover! "Come down here and say that!" She held out her balled fist to the pirate in challenge.

"Well, she does have a point," Moegi noted smally, even though she knew it was a strike against them, it was true. Ruri and Abumi had made a stupid move.

"Whose side are you on?" Ruri glared down the school girl.

"I told you you're idea was stupid," the spiky-haired boy grumbled. It was all her fault that they had been spotted by Ikkouku in the first place. Ruri and her brilliant ideas!

"You're stupid!" The psychotic woman argued.

"If we all get killed, then we'll be stupid and dead!" Moegi didn't want it to end like this! She was far too young to let herself be killed and die in such a brutal way. She was so young, with a full life ahead of her! She didn't even get the chance to confess her love to Abumi yet. If God loved her, he would at least grant her that one wish.

"Hmpf,” Ikkouku's frowned deeply, jumping down and landing on one knee. The purple-haired pirate stood tall and turned her sights to the fish that clung to her shoulder. "Are these the ones?"

"Yes, those are the ones that I was telling you about," the fish confirmed as Abumi and Ruri looked shocked and confused. Were they dreaming or did that fish just speak to them? Surely it was some kind of weird hallucination.

"It's a talking fish!" Moegi exclaimed. "See! I told you that she was talking to the fish, and the fish can talk back, and they do have conversations! Believe me now?" Finally, what she had told them before made sense, and she wasn't reduced to a mere crazy woman. In her own little way, she was glad that Ikkouku and her little friend had shown up for that purpose alone. Hopefully, Abumi and Ruri wouldn't think she was so crazy anymore. She hated it when people didn't believe her.

All Abumi could do was stare in disbelief at what he was witnessing. 'I see it, but I don't want to believe it.' After all, a talking fish was a really farfetched idea.

The look on Ruri's face mirrored his own- shock and disbelief as the orange-haired assassin gawked at the pirate. 'Now, how in the hell did that fish do that, and how can he stay above the water? Don't fish die if they are deprived of water?' The sheer mechanics of the situation interested her. Ruri stared in awe at the creature that seemed to defy nature by both breathing above water and having a well developed speech pattern.

"Why do you have those looks on your faces?" Ikkouku saw the group, staring back at her with expressions of perplexion and awe.

"Did that fish…Just talk to you?" Ruri asked a little unsurely.

"Yes, he did," the pirate acted as if it were a normal occurrence.

"Okay…Now I know that I'm not on drugs at least," Ruri pinched her cheek. It wasn't every day that she came upon a talking fish. They were just downright abnormal.

"You're right on that one. Nothing can prepare you for the day that you walk up and start talking to someone and a fish out of water and alive just talks back to you," the spiky-haired teen agreed.

"Freaky, but cool in a way," Moegi agreed.

"I'm not necessarily-" The fish tried to say, but he was cut off by the school girl's questioning.

"How do you breathe above water? Don't fish die usually if they don't have water to convert into air?"

"I'm not really-" He tried to come out with the sentence but then looked annoyed as Ruri prodded at his gills with her finger, murmuring the word 'giru' with each poke. Ikkouku looked thoughtful as she heard the word repetitively and thought about how it was a very befitting name for her new fish friend. Ruri continued her prodding as the fish grew more and more irritated with each poke.

Finally, it was too much. He leapt up and yelled at the top of his lungs. "Would you stop that!?"

"Yes, Giru," Ruri flashed a toothy smile at the fish, who glared her down.

"I hate that name."

"Really? I kind of like it," Ikkouku disagreed.

"You actually like it…" The fish's tone seemed interested in why his pirate friend liked his new choice of name.

"I think it's kind of cute," Ikkouku smiled, which caused a slight blush to appear on the fish's cheeks.

"I suppose you can call me that, if you want." For her, he would subject himself to miserable nicknames. However, she was the only one that he would allow to call him that. Ikkouku agreed that his name would be Giru from this point on. It suited him well.

"So, what are you and your fish friend going to do?" The orange-haired assassin wondered aloud.

"We have to fight. I can't let you escape, especially since you caused this mess," the pirate frowned as she drew her sword and pointed it at the group of oddballs. Besides, they could have possibly been affiliated with Wagari, and for that, she would not let them escape.

"We caused this?" Moegi outraged. "All we did was get involved with her!" She pointed a finger accusingly at Ruri, who smiled and said 'yes' with a drawn out's' noise at the end. She seemed quite proud of herself for involving herself in their problems.

"I'm going to kill her too," Ikkouku wanted it to be known that no one was going to be let out of the fight. If she had to take them all at once, then it would be no skin off of her nose. She would take all of them down with little effort.

Ruri frowned and looked irritated. That was the last thing she wanted to hear. Death wasn't becoming of her.

"See? You shouldn't have opened your mouth," Abumi wasn't helping. He just had to rub it in, didn't he?

"I've always opened my big mouth, but nothing like this has happened," Ruri replied.

"Gee, I'd think it happened all the time, because it did with me," Abumi glared daggers into the assassin, who waved his comment off as if it were nothing.

"Nah, that's just you," the assassin replied as the boy's form went crashing to the ground; the brown-haired girl looked to him in question. The whole situation irritated the pirate beyond her limit. They were simply standing around talking, as if there were no threats at all!

"Enough of this!" She shouted as the three of them looked at her in unison. Finally, she had managed to get their attention. The pirate then jumped into the air and abandoned her sword, pulling out a trident that was strapped to her back as she fell towards the group. "Let's go!" She would teach them for being such disrespectful people and Ikkouku would let them know that she was a force to be reckoned with.

"Not again…" Moegi whined. Why did the bad luck have to keep following her like this? It was so unbearable!

"Why me? Why do I always get the crappy end of the deal?" Abumi asked in a dejected voice. If this wasn't the end for him, he didn't know what was.

Ruri pulled out her large, wooden hammer, which had been strapped to her back and held the weapon up, as if it were a grand piece of mass destruction. "Alright then, but don't cry to me when you're laying on the floor bleeding."

Ikkouku felt a bead of sweat run down the back of her head. "A…hammer?" The pirate uttered in disbelief. What kind of weapon was that? Her trident could do more than blast such an inferior wooden instrument to shreds.

"You can't be serious," Giru was unamused.

"Why do you have those looks on your faces?" Ruri asked in a serious and confident tone. "Don't underestimate me! My hammer can totally kick your asses and make fish sticks out of your little friend there."

"Hey, big mouth! Why don't you take more time on fighting and less time on talking crap?" Giru replied, irritated by the woman's idiocy already. Who the hell did she think she was to mock Ikkouku of the High Seas by trying to fight her with a hammer?

"Come here little guppy, I'll make you a splatter on the wood," Ruri smiled devilishly as she curled her finger in the 'come here' motion. Giru let out a low growl of annoyance.

"Hey! Don't insult my friend!" Ikkouku argued.

"Oh no, no, no! I'd never!" Moegi nervously laughed as she held her hands out. She was just a simple school girl. She didn't want to fight against someone like the lavender-haired pirate. She would leave that kind of job up to those who knew what they were doing.

"Hey you!" She heard Ruri shout as she turned her sights to her supposed ally. "If you don't want to die by both sides, keep your mouth shut!"

"Er!?" Moegi stood up with an angry expression as she began to gripe out the orange-haired assassin. "Listen you crazy-"

She was cut off by Abumi.

"She's right; you don't want to pay any enemies here. Just stay back," he had a serious look on his face. Abumi was about to get down to business, and he didn't need Moegi caught in the cross fire.

"But-" Did this mean he was taking Ruri's side?

"Listen to him." Ruri replied, confirming her fears.

"You want to fight?" Ikkouku was a little amused by this woman. What a joke she was, to fight with such a ridiculous weapon, but no matter, she would die the same as all of the others did.

"Hell yeah!"

"I don't get this. Why are you fighting us again?" Abumi never understood her intentions at all. Now, before the carnage began, would be a good time to get to know the real reason behind Ikkouku's motives.

"Because you're not supposed to be here,” the pirate replied. Anyone who knew of them or what had happened was doomed to death. Ikkouku could not let it get out that she had been defeated by Wagari, or that Giru existed. It was too dangerous and who knew what other pirates could come after them after acquiring such knowledge.

"These were the two who were sitting on the boxes earlier," Giru noted.

"Seeing what they could steal, huh?" That was even more of a reason to kill them. Not only were they in a place that they didn't belong, but they were snooping around earlier to see what they could steal. Such acts were unforgivable.

"I don't have the time for this," Ruri jumped into the air with her hammer drawn, ready to strike the first thing that came at her.

Ikkouku drew her trident and summoned fourth a water blast. Ruri watched as the water flooded towards her. Confusion crossed her face, but it was short-lived as she was blasted away and flung backwards.

'Okay, head on attacks don't work. I'll have to try a different tactic.' The assassin thought to herself as she flipped in mid-air and stood a few feet away from the pirate, her form soaking wet from being blasted. "Okay, so you want to play it that way."

"I'd be more than happy to," Ikkouku smiled. This was going to be child's play.

"I'd rather not," Moegi was nervous. She wanted no part of anything.

"What are you? Some kind of ninja?" Ruri asked.

"Ninja? I'm hardly that," the pirate replied. What on earth would have made her think that she was a ninja?

"Then how do you know Ninjutsu?" It was odd that she had come across someone who knew the sacred art and wasn't a ninja or hadn't been one in the past. The busy pirate before her hardly seemed the type to have had any training in the field, so how was it that she knew it?

"Ninjutsu?"

"Ninjutsu is the ability to muster up enough energy to control the elements around you. It's the most difficult to learn of the three main branches of techniques, but it's probably the most physically damaging as well," Ruri enlightened the wavy-haired woman on what Ninjutsu was and how it worked.

"We've got to fight. We have no choice," Abumi looked over his shoulder at the school girl.

"Why?" Moegi questioned. It was all just an understanding. If someone talked it out, then there would surely be a more peaceful conclusion.

"Because it's a challenge, and challenges are fun," Ruri smirked, hardly able to contain herself. The adrenaline and blood lust had taken her over, and she found herself trembling at the thought of ripping that pirate and her fish friend to shreds.

"Heh, well, I guess we're working together," Abumi saw no other choice but finding it ironic that he and Ruri would actually be on the same side.

"Until we get out of this mess, a temporary alliance will have to do." As much as she didn't like the idea, she had no choice but to ally with the very boy that she was supposed to kill off.

Abumi walked up to her with a look of determination on his face. "Let's do this."

"Well, what do you know? They're both going to fight us," Giru stated as Ikkouku stayed focused on the two before her.

"What do you mean us?" Ruri nearly laughed. "You can't do anything! You're just a fish!"

"Say what you want," the fish replied with a small smirk. 'That's what you think.'

"You never answered my question. How can you use Ninjutsu?" The assassin had realized that she had gotten off track.

"I was taught Ninjutsu by a dear friend of mine," the pirate explained. "Since the sea is vast and I don't do much land travel, I became a water user of sorts."

"So…You aren't a ninja?" Abumi thought that since she knew the arts, then she could have possibly been a ninja as he was, but that was washed down the drain.

"Of course not. I don't have time to be both a ninja and a pirate, but I have spoken enough," she closed her eyes and frowned. Their constant interruptions were irritating. She wished that they would just go ahead and fight her already.

Ruri got into a fighting stance. "Finally! I've been waiting for everyone to be quiet so I can do my thing!" The assassin said with great happiness and enthusiasm. She was ready to charge out there and kick ass, now that all of the explanations had been done and over with. Honestly, the whole situation had been boring until now, so she hoped that there would be no more interruptions from here on out.

"But…you were the one holding us up…" Giru dead panned. That assassin made no sense.

"Giru, Giru is an annoying one? Yesssss? I think he should go swim in some coral somewhere," Ruri sneered as the fish's irritation at her constant jokes built inside of him.

"Again with the fish jokes?"

"Raging Wave!" Ikkouku drew the first attack, tired of the idle insults as she spun her trident and pointed the spokes towards the ground, drawing up a huge wave that crashed down on Abumi and Ruri. Moegi screeched in fear as she ran around in dismay.

"Oh crap! Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!" She squealed and spied a rope. Her brown eyes trialed up the length of it. It was tied to the mast and as she gazed at the solid, wooden pole, an idea struck her and her face lit up with realization. "Ah!" Moegi called out, nearly laughing at her own genius. 'I can do what the sailor in the olden days did when the waves were high. They would tie themselves to the masts to keep from getting washed away!'

The school girl tied the rope tightly to the mast, then to herself and secured the knots so that they wouldn't come undone. 'I guess I'll have to hope this works.' She tried to calm herself as the wave crashed against the deck. Water rushed in and slammed against her body, sending the screaming girl tumbling head over heels down the deck. Just before she was about to go over the edge, the rope pulled tight and she sighed in relief.

Abumi and Ruri preformed their replacement techniques and reappeared in the Crow's Nest of the ship, far above the water. Both of them hoped that she would find them until they could formulate a good plan to defeat her.

Ducking down, they began to whisper to each other.

"She'll never see us up here," Ruri chuckled.

"That was close," the spiky-haired ninja sighed. "We need a plan."

"I'd say so," a third voice intoned as they both glanced behind them cautiously to see the pirate standing on the rim of the Crow's Nest. They both screamed in response.

"Shit!" Abumi cursed. 'Why me?'

Ruri simply jumped over the edge and hopped down to the one of the sails.

"It figures that you'd leave me here to die!" He shouted. It was just like her. Why would she save him? She did want him dead, after all.

"You have legs, right?" She called out from her position, standing on top of one of the sails. Honestly, did she have to do everything for him?

"I hate you," Abumi heard the pirate call out for him to die. He jumped as the trident hit the floor the Crow's Nest, causing it to tremble as he tumbled out, barely managing to land on one knee. "What now?"

"Dodge!" Ruri yelled as Ikkouku jumped down in an attempt to stab him, but he evaded her attack. The trident struck the floor and sent out waves of energy that made the whole ship shake. The tips of the speak-like weapon punctured holes in the floor and busted up the wooden slots below it.

Abumi hopped on the sail, standing a good three feet from Ruri, who was positioned on the tip of the pole that held the sail out as he watched the destruction below. "She's destroying her own ship."

"That dumb broad is going to sink her own ship. Whoa!" The assassin fell backwards as a blast of water suddenly shot up, knocking her from her position. Thinking quickly, she wrapped her legs around the mast and smile din victory.

"Take that! I'm good!" Her happiness was short lived as the mast broke and toppled over, taking her with it.

Abumi dodged several water spouts as Ruri rubbed her wounds on the ground. The spiky-haired teen landed beside of her, calling her an idiot as a metal ball broke from its rope and went rolling towards Moegi, who was still in bliss that her plan to save her own life worked.

"Hey! It worked! Yes! I'm so smart!" She threw her hands into the air in celebration and jumped up and down. Then, she heard a rumbling sound and with a 'huh' in response, curious brown eyes glanced down the deck to see the large object rolling towards her.

The girl screamed as the ball rolled over her and headed towards Abumi and Ruri. The two fighters casually glanced over to see the ball rolling at them, promising pain in its wake.

How were they going to deal with this problem?

To Be Continued