Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ I remember ❯ In Your Arms ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here's the next story. Some parts I have had to make guesses about, so some of it will seem like I remember too much. But anything that seems that way, I made up trying to fill in holes.
 
For as long as I can remember now, your arms were always the safest place to be. That's definitely where I wished I was that day your class went to Tokyo for the weekend. Dad had been drinking heavily and mom was shut away in her room like always. Grandfather was in Canada looking for his newest house, and me and Minto, along with everyone else were stuck at home.
The older boys had moved out by then, you remember. Then out of no where, I was off the floor clutching his wrist, trying to prevent my collar from suffocating me. I was 9, and you were going to graduate that year. His breath stunk like heavy beer and his eyes were glazed over. I almost vomited in his face, but I swallowed it. For a drunk he was pretty strong, and I asked him what he wanted…
“You to not be here anymore.” Is what he said. Well, at least we always agreed on that part of things, you know…I wished he'd roll over and die, and he wished the same for me. It's always been a fair understanding I guess. Then again before I could think, I was on my back on the floor, beer being spilled on my clothes, his foot on my stomach, crushing my lungs. I passed out.
Your voice was all I heard. That's just his way…all we can do is love him more. That's just his way. And then, you were calling me. I wasn't the only one on the floor anymore. Kyousuke and Daishao were too…and him. You were holding me. I discovered I loved you then. I knew who it was who had kicked them out. It was you. You were holding me, Minto was playing with Kuma-bear in my face, but I didn't understand a word she was saying, but then…it didn't matter.
 
I never got any further details from you about what happened, but you were hurt.