Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Five, Chapter Seventeen: Vacation ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Mikhael-

It just won't stop! I'm on a plane with this woman. The destination? Moscow, Russia. That's right. Valentina and I are going to Moscow. She looked mad next to me. Why am I here? I don't fucking know! This is my life now. I am a hostage. Even my captor doesn't want to do this. She wouldn't even look at me.

“Attention passengers,” the voice over the intercom said. “We will be taking off shortly. Please remain seated and watch the video.” We were going to be in Moscow for three days. That would be three days too long. I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I want to go home. Meanwhile, Valentina didn't look up from her phone.

--------

-Day One-

We touched down by the next morning. It was Moscow by fall. Not too cold. Valentina stretched her neck from side to side.

“Now what?” I asked. She turned to me, frowning.

“We go to the hotel, of course,” she said. Did she have to sound nasty about it? Oh boy…

I want to go home.

They had a car for us. Of course, they did. The ride to the hotel was like the flight. Silent and uncomfortable. Valentina stared at her phone. At least she's not glaring at me. Small wonders. Small wonders. How long was it going to be until we reached the hotel? It's too long for me! I want to go home.

The room was nice. Fancy even. My jaw dropped.

“Wow!” I said. The room looked like gold threw up in it. Gold walls, a gold ceiling, and gold furniture. The carpet was deep red. Portraits of dead royalty covered the walls. There were two twin beds. (Thank goodness for that.) There was even a chandelier. Valentina walked over and lay down on a bed.

“I'm tired,” she said.

“But you didn't do anything,” I said to myself. She didn't hear me. She was already asleep. I rolled my eyes. Now what?

I walked over and sat down on my bed.

---------

We didn't do much that first day. She slept while I stayed in the room. I called Mom once I was sure Valentina wouldn't wake up so easily.

“Hello?” Mom asked. I looked behind me. Valentina turned over in her sleep. I slipped into the bathroom.

“Mom,” I whispered. “Mom, it's me.” She paused over the phone.

“Mikhael? Mikael, is that you? Are you okay?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I said. I sat down on the floor and drew my knees to my chest.

“I want to go home,” I said.

“Aw, sweetie,” she said. I closed my eyes.

“I needed to hear your voice,” I said. This was how it happened. We barely get to talk to each other. Those thugs won't let me see her. She's a hostage like me. I rubbed my forehead.

“It's okay, dear,” mom said. I wished I could believe her. We couldn't stay on the phone for long. Mom said someone in the house was watching her. My heart sank, but I understood.

“I will talk to you again soon,” I said.

“I love you,” mom said.

“I love you too,” I said. I hung up but stayed in the bathroom. I don't know how long I stayed there.

-----------

-Day Two-

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Though, it wasn't going to be just us. We're supposed to be meeting someone. Valentina looked at her phone. She slept well while I didn't. She looked up at me.

“You look like shit,” Valentina said.

“Gee, thanks,” I muttered. I drank down my coffee.

“Who's joining us?” I asked.

“An old friend,” she said. I didn't like the sound of this.

“Why are we really in Moscow?” I asked. She cast her cold eyes on me. I waited for her to chew me a new one. She was about to speak when the door slid open. We turned to see a man in a black coat walking over to our table. Valentina stood up. I stood as well. The man with red hair walked up to us.

“Good morning, Ms. Popova,” he said. “So good to see you again. It's been so long.” There was no warmth in his tone. I shivered. Valentina flashed that scary grin at him.

“The same can be said about you, Mr. Chekhol,” she said. I looked back and forth between them. What the hell is this? My stomach dropped. I don't like this. I really want to go home. I don't want to be here!

Vacation