Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Four, Chapter Sixteen: Date with Satan ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Mikhael-

What the hell is this? How did this happen? I'm on a date with Valentina with four of her goons in the car. That's right. I, Mikhael Kvasha, am on a date with Valentina Popova and four of her goons. Said goons looked hungry for blood. I buried my head in my hands. How did this happen?

“Something wrong?” one of the goons asked. (I'm going to call him Bob.) I peeked through the cracks of my fingers.

“No,” I lied. “I'm fine. Really.” I dropped my hands. Valentina glared at me. I want to go home.

The car pulled up into the parking lot. The goons opened my door. Couldn't they stay back? This was supposed to be a date. I am a hostage. That's all I am. They are making me do this. I just have to get through this and pray it will be over soon.

“Oi! Get moving!” Bob shouted. I said nothing as I climbed out of the car. I felt their eyes on me. I can't screw this up.

I walked around to Valentina's door and opened it. I held out my hand. She snorted at me.

“Thanks,” she muttered. She got out of the car and walked past me. I nervously laughed. Okay then… I followed behind. Of course, the goons had to come with us. Oh boy…

-------

We got a private section of the restaurant. Oh great. I was going to be alone with her. Please kill me. At least the guys would be nearby in the public area. Still, not so helpful. I have nothing to say to her. Valentina glared at me. I think she wants to kill me.

“Uh…” I said. She said nothing. Something in me died a little. I want to go home. A waitress walked up to our table. Thank goodness.

“Welcome,” she said. “My name is Yoko. What can I get you to drink?”

“Red wine,” Valentina said.

“Water, no ice,” I said. She gave me a judgmental look. The waitress wrote down our drink orders.

“Okay! Be right back,” she said. She turned and walked out of the room. I wanted to beg her not to leave us. Damn it, she's gone. Valentina glared at me again. Fuck.

“So…” I tried again. My words died in my mouth.

“I don't like you,” she said.

“Huh?” I asked. She glared at me. I blinked at her.

“I will never like you,” Valentina hissed. Okay…I already knew that. We're not covering new ground here. Yoko came back with our drinks.

“Are we ready to order?” she asked. Valentina turned to her, grinning.

“Give us ten minutes, will ya?” she asked. I shivered. That looked scarier than her glaring at me. I reluctantly nodded.

“Okay,” Yoko said. “Take your time.” She turned and walked away. Oh great. Valentina had hate in her eyes. We're back to this again. How long was this going to go again? She took a drink of her wine. I rubbed my forehead and sighed. Please kill me. I want to go home. My “date” took another drink before picking up her menu.

Date with Satan