Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Four, Chapter Fifteen: Truth ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mikhael stood in front of the office door. He took a breath and knocked.

“Enter,” Valentina said.

“Coming,” Mikhael said as he opened the door. Valentina was at her father's desk. Good, she was alone. Valentina looked up.

“What do you want?” she asked. He stood up straight.

“I… I think some of your men want to kill you!” he blurted out. She stared at him for a long moment.

“What?” she asked.

“Your men are planning to kill you!” Mikhael said again. “I heard them talking. You should be careful.” There was another pause. Mikhael waited with bated breath. Valentina laughed in his face.

“Huh?” Mikhael asked. She stopped to catch her breath.

“Are you stupid or something?” Valentina asked.

“No…” Mikhael said. The mob princess frowned.

“Was that a joke?” she asked. “It's not funny.”

“I'm not joking,” Mikhael said. “They really are trying to kill you.” Valentina wrinkled her nose.

“Do you think I'm stupid?” she asked. Mikhael looked stunned. He hadn't expected this. Sure, she didn't like him. But still…

“No!” he blurted out. “I'm serious! I…”

“Get out!” Valentina snapped. “Get out! Get out!” Mikhael put up his hands.

“Okay, okay,” he said. “I'll go. Geez!” The young man turned and hurried out of the office. Valentina shook her head before flipping him the bird. She sat down and got back to work.

---------

“What were you expecting?” Boris asked. Mikhael shrugged.

“I don't know,” he said. The boy sighed.

“I can't let her die like that,” he said. “I just can't.”

“Even at the cost of your own freedom?” Boris asked. Mikhael stared at him, frowning. That was the part that sucked. He didn't want to be here. Even so…

Boris patted him on the shoulder. Mikhael turned his head.

“I understand,” the Russian man said. “I will help you.” The young man bowed his head.

“Thank you,” he said. He paused for a moment.

“But is she going to listen?” Mikhael asked. Boris gave him a calm smile.

“Don't worry,” he said. “We can't give up.” Mikhael pressed his lips together. However, that wasn't so convincing. On boy…

Truth