Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Five, Chapter Nineteen: Cross Fork ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They had to act before the princess and her fianc� came home. Nikkita had to keep them as far away as he could. He looked at his watch. Close to ten. They always did this. Gave them a sense of power. Nikkita did not have time to play. He looked when there was a knock on the door.

“Enter,” he said. The door slowly creaked open. A man walked inside. Nikkita didn't look impressed.

“About time you showed your face,” he said. The man in the black suit grinned.

“Old friend,” he said. The mob boss sneered.

“We are not friends, Sidor,” he growled. The other man put up his hands.

“Okay, okay,” he said. “You don't have to be so touchy.” Nikkita narrowed his eyes.

“Sit down,” he said. Sidor smiled as he sat down.

“Shall we begin?” he asked. Nikkita frowned. They had to do this so he could get that bastard out of his sight. Nikkita snorted and clicked his tongue.

---------

Meanwhile, there was some scheming going on. The Solashka were secretly divided. Their boss was about to die. Some supported Valentina as the new boss. The others didn't. These were the ones who didn't. A man about twenty went down the steps to the secret room. He knocked on the door. The man stepped back. A peep slot opened on the door. The young man stood up straight.

“Borsh Babushka,” he whispered. The door slid open. The young man walked into the room.

There were twenty of them in the room. They sat at the table. The men looked up. The newest man perked up.

“Did I miss anything?” he asked.

“No,” the leader said. “Come, sit.” The young man took his seat at the table.

“Now where were we?” the leader asked. It took one man to bring them together. These were men of the old ways. They didn't want a woman to run the Solashka. Boss' daughter or not. They couldn't act yet. Nikkita maybe dying but he wasn't going to let anything happen to Valentina.

---------

Nikkita despises Sidor. He didn't want any surprises. He didn't trust this man. Sidor laughed a bit. Nikkita raised an eyebrow.

“What's so funny?” he asked. The other boss smiled and shook his head.

“Where's your little girl?” he asked.

“Why?' Nikkita asked. Sidor gave him a small shrug.

“Oh, nothing,” he said nonchalantly. “Just that a little birdy told me that your daughter and her fianc� were taking a little trip to Moscow. I just want to say…” The old man paused for effect. He looked like a hungry cat as he grinned.

“My brother might by paying them a visit really soon,” Sidor said. Nikkita glared at him before he gained his composure.

“Oh really?” he asked. “Good to know.” The dying man grinned back at his rival.

---------

Meanwhile in Moscow…

Cross Fork