Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Five, Chapter Twenty: Conference ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Three Weeks Ago-

-Mikhael-

I couldn't sit on this anymore. I had to tell someone. The problem was who could I trust? I could be talking to a co-conspirator. They could kill Mom because of it. Still, I had to say something.

“Boris,” I said. “There's something I have to tell you.”

----------

-Today-

I stood with a confused look.

“What?” I asked. Valentina grinned at me.

“Uh-huh,” she said. I struggled to speak.

“Why?” I asked.

“Why the hell not?” she asked. I shook my head.

“No. Nope! Bad idea!” I said.

“Well it's not up to you, is it?” Valentina said. I frowned. Of course, she would pull that line. I'm just the hostage after all. I have to be good and obey. Saying that made me want to vomit. But what can I do?

Valentina was planning a party. Not just a party. A barbeque. Yeah, I said that right. We're having barbeque. This wasn't planned either. We're just going on a whim. Guess who had to get everything. Yep. She put me to work.

“Why am I the one getting things?” I asked. She just cut a cold glare at me. I put up my hands.

“Okay, okay,” I said. “I'm going.” I had some help with shopping around the city. Meat, beer, vodka, soda, vegetables, cake, baked goods, coal, plates, cups, cutlery, and napkins. I stared at the long list. Do we really need all of this? How many people were coming to this party?

“Oi!” someone yelled at me. “Oi! Oi!” I jerked my head upward. One of the bodyguards stood in front of the store. Oh. I should get on with it.

“Coming!” I shouted. I ran over to the bodyguard.

---------

The party was at six. We were holding it outside in the hotel garden. Valentina hired a cook to make the food. I had to stand there and smile. Stand there and smile. Like a good little hostage. I flinched at the thought.

“You okay?” someone asked behind me. I turned around. A man about my age stared at me. I blinked at first.

“Uh… who are you?” I asked.

“Oh! Where are my manners?” he asked. “I'm Grigoriy. Nice to meet you.” He held out his hand.

“Uh… yeah,” I said. “Mikhael.” I shook his hand. I don't know this guy. Then again, there are so many people here.

So why was she doing all of this? What is the point of all of this? She looked at me, grinning. I stepped back and shivered. Oh no. She's got that face again.

“Simple,” Valentina said. “We're making some new friends.” Friends? What is she talking about?

That's not the only thing I'm worried about.

There are her men in Japan. I don't know who wants to kill her. I don't know who to trust. Boris said that he'd handle it. I know I should trust him, but…

----------

-Three Weeks Ago-

“What is it?” Boris asked. I lifted my chin and gulped.

“I think some of the men want to kill her!” I blurted out. There was a pause.

“I know,” he said. I stared at him with big eyes. Wait… Did I just…

Boris patted me on the shoulder.

“We're going to take care of it,” he said. He sounded so serious and cold when he said that. I felt both scared and safe at the same time.

--------

-Today-

But there is another problem at hand. I looked up and saw Valentina glaring at me. No, not me. At Grigoriy. I glanced over at him.

----------

Valentina could smell a rat. There were not one, but two rats. There was one walking up to her. He smiled as he held up his hand.

“I'm Leonid,” he said. “And you are Valentina Popova, aren't you?” The mob princess raised her eyebrow.

Conference